Some Disney World guests prefer the calmer Omnimover or boat rides, while others look for heart-pounding, stomach-churning thrills. If it's thrills you're looking for, then boy, have we got some here!
One of my favorite things about Disney World is the variety of attractions -- there's something for every age and every personality. Some prefer the calmer Omnimover or boat rides, while others look for heart-pounding, stomach-churning thrills.
And if it's thrills you're looking for, then boy, have we got some. Here is our list of the top 5 most thrilling rides at Disney World:
5. Space Mountain. A true classic. For a long time, this was the top thrill ride at Disney World. But by today's standards, it's pretty tame, only traveling at 28 mph. But, it's a classic -- and in our opinion, the most thrilling ride at the Magic Kingdom.
4. Expedition Everest. The meticulous themeing. The slow climb to the top. The Disco Yeti. Expedition Everest is the newest thrill ride addition to Disney World, and while thrilling, we are hopeful that the Yeti will come to life once again.
3. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. Care to go zero to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds, in the dark, with Aerosmith blasting in your ears? Yeah, me neither. But really, this coaster is one big thrill, from start to finish. Just ignore the cheesy pre-show.
2. Mission: SPACE. OK, I admit it. I've never had the courage to go on the "real" Orange Team Mission: SPACE. Just Green Team for me, with small children and the elderly. But I still had Lt. Dan/Ken Mattingly blast me off into space, just without all the centrifuge action that makes the Orange Team version of Mission: SPACE as close to a space flight as you can get here on Earth. So ride it for me, and tell me what it's like, OK?
1. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Now, I know not everyone would rank Tower of Terror as Number 1 on their list. But for me, it's a truly crowd-pleasing, unpredictable, stomach-dropping thrill ride with some of the best themeing in Disney World, let alone all Disney Parks. The sense of foreboding as you near the ride vehicles, then move through the hotel cannot be duplicated. And it's a ride that I've seen all ages enjoy, from 6 to 60.
What's your top 5 thrill rides at Disney World? Leave a comment below!