5 Photos to Get at Magic Kingdom
Where ever you look in Magic Kingdom people are taking pictures. For some of us not-so-great photographer types that can be a little intimidating. I tend to feel a little inadequate snapping pictures on my iPhone when the person next to me is using a dslr (not that I dislike them I am just a little jealous that they have an amazing camera and I have a cell phone).
We have compiled what we think are the 5 photos that everyone should get at some point in their life at Magic Kingdom.
- A photo at the entrance to the park. So many times we are ready to head straight into the park that we forget to stop and appreciate the really cool landscaping in front of Magic Kingdom. So grab your first picture of the day with Mickey (the landscaped one).
- In front of Splash Mountain. A favorite ride of many at Magic Kingdom, Splash Mountain is also a great backdrop for pictures. Try and take the photo right when the water splashes up from the ride.
- Take a picture with Dumbo! Dumbo is one of the most iconic rides at Disney World, everyone should ride it once. You can take the picture in with the ride in the background but for the money shot try and get a picture on the ride. This works best if you have someone who isn't on the ride take the picture.
- Your Favorite Character. Is Minnie Mouse your favorite or Donald Duck? Winnie the Pooh or one of the Princesses? I have tons of pictures of all of my favorite Disney characters from our trips over the years. There is a particularly funny one with Cruella d'Ville where I look terrified, I was 5 years old. Some characters have specific locations where they will be available to take pictures with but others may be wandering around the park.
One way to guarantee pictures with certain characters is to attend a character meal, for Winnie the Pooh characters the Crystal Palace is the perfect stop and for Disney Princesses dine at Cinderella's Table in the Castle. And of course we suggest a picture with Mickey Mouse!
- The Castle. The shot you absolutely must get at Disney World is Cinderella's Castle. There are plenty of good options for getting a picture with the Castle in the background, and if you want a professional shot for this one there are plenty of Disney photographers at the ready as you walk down Main Street.
So what photos do you like to get at Magic Kingdom? Are there any photos in particular that you cherish? Leave me a comment and let me know!