Favorite Time of Year to Visit Walt Disney World
One would think that a Disney fan's favorite time to go to Disney Parks would be the most popular time of year, but that's just not so. The heat and crowds of the popular summer season can almost send even the most dedicated fan into a tither. Many families choose to travel only when their kids are out of school, and this makes for crowds of (sometimes first time) guests struggling to get to their rides in elbow to elbow masses. Savvy Disney fans schedule their trips to get the most out of their time and fill it with all of the wonderful seasonal things that Walt Disney World has to offer.
We asked our Facebook Fans what their favorite time of year to visit WDW is. It was hard for most people to narrow it down to just one season, proving that Disney is a worthy vacation at any time. The results showed a close contest but the fans have spoken, and they agree, Fall is the best time of year to visit the Walt Disney World Resort!
I adore visiting Walt Disney World in the Fall too! Come September kids have gone back to school and the crowds diminish significantly, as the weather cools off and becomes comfortable for touring all day. There so much is going on during that time of year you're never lacking for an interesting thing to do. Some fantastic seasonal Fall Favorites include the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Haunted Carriage Rides through Fort Wilderness, runDisney Events from 5K to 1/2 Marathons.
Here are a few reason's to visit in Fall straight from our fans:
- Sarah Shonk "Halloween is a splendid time... weather is great and everything is all decked out in ghoulish style. I love it."
- Tina Saint Chunn also loves "Fall because of cooler temps and lower crowds."
- Kent Broyhill echos the most common responses with a love of two seasons. "Between Halloween and Christmas. This way, we can catch the last Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the first Very Merry Christmas Party!"
Kent, I totally hear you, and so do so many other fantastic fans! The number two favorite time of year to visit WDW is December for Christmas Season! Disney always does an amazing job of decking the halls all December long for the most elaborate and beautiful seasonal decorations that I know of. From themed trees in all of the hotels, to Holidays Around the World at Epcot, and the magnificent Osborne Dancing Lights in Hollywood Studios. Christmas time is a season full of a magic all it's own.
Disney Fans love Christmas time too:
- Gwynelle Mashburn Spell sings the praises of the holidays by going in "Early December to see all the wonderful holiday displays in the parks and the many resorts (and Downtown Disney)...and the Osborne Dancing Lights in Hollywood Studios as well as the Candlelight Procession in Epcot."
- Arethia Lynnette Smith shares her secret to a stress free tour. She visits during the the "2nd week of Dec. After Pop Warner and before the real Christmas rush but you still get all of the festivities."
Finally, there was my favorite answer that came from Bonnie Eckert who said that "Any time is my favorite time!"
How about you? Do you have a favorite time of year to visit the magic? Leave me a comment below and tell me what your favorite is and why! Then head on over and Join the discussion with our Facebook Fans!