It's the Walt Disney World Marathon's 20th Anniversary
Coming in 2013 the Walt Disney World Marathon will be celebrating it's 20th Anniversary Race during a fun filled weekend of activities for all ages. Race weekend (January 10th-13th, 2013) hosts fun events for families to enjoy that stress the importance of physical fitness for every age. The weekend starts off with a Disney's Family Fun Run 5K, and the runDisney Kids' Races, then moves to the Half Marathon, and finishes with a full 26.2 Mile Marathon run around the Walt Disney World Property.
More people than ever are making the choice to get fit and runDisney, because Disney makes it fun and easy for even the most uninspired (like I was when I first decided to do a Disney race). Last year runDisney added Olympian and true running legend, Jeff Galloway, as it's official coach and his training programs have helped thousands to reach their runDisney goals. Whether you run or walk, Jeff has a training program to get you moving towards your goals!
Registration is open now, so you can sign up now for the biggest runDisney event yet! The 20th Anniversary race will treat participants to more on-course fun and entertainment than ever before! The course snakes through all four Theme Parks with even more characters and a Mile 20 spectacular! What about the Bling you ask? Marathoners will take home the all-new commemorative Mickey Mouse finisher medal.
- runDisney Kids Races - Run or Crawl the runDisney kids races are a fantastic way to get youth involved in the weekend fun. Several categories of races go from a diaper dash crawl for kids for kids 12 months and under all the way up to the Mickey Mile.
- Disney's Family Fu Run 5K - A fun-filled 5K that the whole family can enjoy. Adults, teens and tweens alike can be a part of this official Marathon Weekend event. Experience a 5K course that winds through Epcot with an unforgettable finish, and a little 5K bling waiting at the end!
- Pasta in the Park Party - Start off your 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend by joining us for one of three fun filled carb loads! It's the Pasta in the Park Party at Epcot! This event is a great way to relax and be entertained before your big race. Space is limited, so make your plans to attend early.
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon - On Saturday morning runner take their mark for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. First timer or veteran, this race is a perfect way to runDisney. The 13.1-mile course takes off from Epcot heads through Magic Kingdom and back to a thrilling finish at Epcot.
- Walt Disney World Marathon - The Walt Disney World Marathon is presented again this year by CIGNA as the crowning achievement in a weekend of runDisney adventure. Sunday morning competitors will complete the most magical 26.2 miles on Earth running through all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, starting at Epcot, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios before an exhilarating finish back at Epcot.
- Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge - The truly hard core will take on Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge where competitors do the Half Marathon on Saturday followed by the full Marathon on Sunday. It's a truly ambitious and inspiration goal for runners to complete that brings home not jus one, but three beautiful runDisney finisher medals!
The 20th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World Marathon is sure to be an event that simply shouldn't be missed. Details on all of the Marathon Weekends events can be found on the runDisney WDW Marathon Website.
Do you runDisney? Leave me a comment and let me know what your goals are! With runDisney there's always a fun new event that will put more magic into every mile than you ever though possible.