The 180 days pre pre trip report for October

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
designedbydisney's picture
The 180 days pre pre trip report for October

So it's here 180 days...... Woo hoo time to book ADRs

Here is a little back ground on our trip, after out last minute one week trip last year we were made a dream offer by wdw to come back, me and my DF (dear fiance, 26) were both keen cause a week really wasn't long enough for us... The offer was great but still a stretch so disney offered us a better rate if we came as a four, and so df's sister (dsil, dear sister in law,24) and her partner (dbil dear brother in law,32) said they would love to come. Dbil has never been before and dsil hasn't been in nearer ten years.

Our deal, we have a one bed villa at old key west (with sofa bed) for 14 nights, the disney dining plan and 14 day ultimate tickets, we also have VIP fireworks at Epcot and MK.

The plan. This is a first timers trip but also the 20th anniversary of my first trip. It's very much a celebration of old and new.

Arrival day, check in to old key west around 7pm head out to downtown disney and eat anywhere that takes our fancy due to feeling rough after a 9 hour flight and dependent on the in flight food, T. Rex is a strong contender as burgers might be the feeling. If we are not super hungry it will be food court style eating.

Day 2- magic kingdom morning, we are early risers so we have an 8am ADR for crystal palace, me and DF are big pooh fans and I love breakfast. Plus I know it's not so exciting to the Americans on the board but dbil has never left Europe and wants to experience American style breakfast, maple syrup, waffles ect. Plus it's not really wdw with out Mickey waffles 'am I right' my DF wants to see the castle first thing as that's what makes her feel she is at home. We plan to be at the fantasy rope by 9ish to run to Anna and elsa at 10am ( I am happy to wait the hour) next stop will be Peter Pan, I aim to book early fast pass plus for under the sea, the mine train, if it's a sort wait we will hit story time with belle, we then plan to leave MK hitting up the new talking Micky as a FP before we leave we hope to be out around 12pm and then heading to Epcot.

Now I don't plan down to the second but I don't believe on Mondays at MK I have be brought up to avoid them and we wanna get out before any crowds. When at Epcot we will hit up food and wine stands and spend our time in world showcase. We will also try and score late fp's for soaring if you can add more by October. We then plan on watching illuminations.

Day 3 holly wood studios, plan to spend all day here or until we are done, I have ADR for sci if dine in at 2pm FP will be TSM, movie ride and star tours, if we can book it after we will try for fantasmic, we plan to run to tot at rope drop. If we are done before fantasmic we may head to the boardwalk for a bit.

Day 4 animal kingdom- ADR at Tusker house for 8am before the park opens, I love it here as it's fun and a little different plus it gets me in the mood, we will prob stay here for a couple of hours. Then we will head straight to the safari at rope drop. Our FP will be used for rapids, Everest and dinosaur. A before park closing meal of either yak and yeti cs or flame tree BBQ, then head over to MK for wishes, the electrical parade and some night time big attraction riding.

Day 5 typhoon lagoon, 4:30pm ADR at liberty tree tavern and hopefully mnsshp

Day 6 because we wanna take it easy this trip we plan to go to MK on mnsshp days for hopefully lower crowds, we are going to hit adventure land and frontier land this day, FP for splash and thunder and haunted mansion, we also plan on seeing the new parade. If everything goes to plan we will re ride stuff in adventure and frontier land. Then it's on to the poly for an 8pm ADR at Ohana (yay) We also have a fast pass plus reservation for lunch at bog.

Day 7 rest day maybe blizzard beach and mall shopping. We are going to book some where nearer the time at a resort of our ts maybe even the night before

Day 8 MK fantasy land and tomorrowland FP for mine train, buzz light year and winne the pooh, dsil and dbil will book space mountain instead of Winnie the pooh. Lunch at cosmic rays (cause it's the best place ever and sonny is my hero) ts no idea we will pay it on the fly

Day 9 universal studios, ts at a resort on return to wdw suggestions please

Day 10 universal studios (if needed) ts at a resort on return to wdw, suggestions please on

Day 11 Kennedy space centre (not for me but I'm open to it) ts at downtown disney suggestions please

Day12 Epcot

Day 13 me and DF plan on a while day in MK waiting to book at ADR later this week for Cinderellas royal table.

Day 14 return home

I'm sure it won't all go like this but it's sort of a plan..... At the moment

Mrferret's picture

Sounds like a pretty awesome adventure awesome
I presume you are eating back at the resorts on days 9 and 10 due to being on the dining plan or was there anywhere at the (other)parks you were planning to eat ?

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

We will get the taxis to drop us off at a resort we probably will try olivas once

King Fergus

Sounds great...I agree that you should hop out the bubble as others have never been to America before...We are not on the dining plan but have made three signature ADRS, but planing another TS ( not signature as my visa will be in meltdown mode ) LOL... confused

kathys's picture

Wow...sounds wonderful. Have you all been to Universal before? Just curious.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

I have been to universal, I'm not a huge fan, but we LOVE Harry potter

kathys's picture

Wow me too...big fan of Harry Potter...you will have to tell me about the new part. Am sad that I won't be there to see it this year. So you will have to tell all.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Mrferret's picture

Philhowelldesign wrote:
I have been to universal, I'm not a huge fan, but we LOVE Harry potter

muchlove Butterbeer muchlove

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

King Fergus

Waited over 2 hours in a queue for a magic wand...It still doesn't work... waiting

Allie's picture

Sounds like an awesome trip! How do you already have a FP for BOG lunch? I thought they weren't available until 30 days out..?

Oh because we have major issues with our my magic experience apps when they fix it over the phone the nice lady added it on