2011 Holiday Trip, With A Cruise In The Middle

Login to post comments
100 posts / 0 new

Jess wrote:
I think there are x's marked on the ground that tell the giraffes exactly where to stand... They were in the exact same place when we went... Lol

The x's were probably where they put the food!

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Cruise video, Pt. 1

I'm 6 months late with this, but what the hey.

I've uploaded to YouTube the first video that I made from this trip.

http://youtu.be/KA7hzyQGZwE

I have two more if this one survives my using copyrighted songs in the video.

Zz.

OK, the last 2 videos of the cruise trip.

This video uses OneRepublic's "Good Life", which as everyone knows, has been used by Disney in their commercials. I'm sure I'm not the only one using this music to accompany the video of a Disney vacation. Smile

The last one is more on Castaway Cay.

Try to view it in this sequence. On the DVDs that I've made, it is "Sailing", "Good Life", and "On Days Like These" in that sequence.

Cheers!

Zz.

Hey, didn't mean to revive this old thread from almost a year ago, but since this photo came from this trip, and it is almost a continuation of it, I thought I post it here.

I've only noticed this yesterday, and it was such a heart-warming scene, that I want to share it here. This is a photo that I took on the day we boarded the Disney Dream in December last year (i.e. part of this trip report). The scene here is the lobby during boarding time late morning. I forget if I was in the glass elevator, or on the 2nd level of the lobby (Deck 4?) when I took this.

Initially, the focus of this photo is on the glorious chandelier. So for the longest time, whenever I look at this photo, my eyes were drawn to the chandelier, and the cast members lining up the entrance to welcome the ship guests as they board.

However, look at the very center of the photo. I've only recently noticed (like yesterday) what appeared to be 2 people hugging each other. So I thought "Oh, what a sweet moment!", and decided to zoom in digitally and see if this is the case. This is what I found:

So it isn't two people, but rather, three! It appears that this is either a Dad hugging his two kids, or a husband, wife, and kid hugging each other. I can't make out clearly the taller person on the right.

Now, because of the graininess of the photo, I don't think I'm violating their private moment here since I don't think they can be identified. But when I saw this, my heart melted. It is such a tender moment, and my head swirled in trying to come up with a story that led to this. Are they savoring the joy of the moment of being on the ship together?

Wouldn't it be an amazing conclusion to this story if these people saw these photos and contact me? Smile

Zz.

nikkirugby13's picture

Awe!! ZZ I love that you shared this. It does look like a really sweet moment! Thanks for warming my heart this morning. muchlove

Kristen K.'s picture

That's so fantastic! It feels like a Dad and kids to me. What a great warm fuzzy for this morning awesome

finngirl's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
That's so fantastic! It feels like a Dad and kids to me. What a great warm fuzzy for this morning awesome

I thought the same thing Kristen. Wouldn't it be great as Zapper says if somehow they saw this? What a great photo to remember the magic.

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

I definitely wish that I could find these people and ask them about this moment.

This whole thing reminded me of several years ago when I went to WDW with my partner and another friend. It was the first time that I saw the Osborne Lights during the Holidays. As I turned the corner and saw the Streets of NY for the first time, my jaw dropped in amazement. It felt so overwhelming. Instinctively, without planning, I hugged both of my companions and said "I'm so glad you are here to share this moment with me!" This photo reminds me of that moment, and that's why I wondered if they were hugging each other as a moment of joy and happiness.

Disney brings a lot of these moments to a lot of people. It just doesn't get captured as often.

Zz.

Allie's picture

What a beautiful picture! Made me tear up!