2012 goals

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture
2012 goals

Have you set any goals for yourself for 2012? Now that the first quarter of the year is over, how are you doing on your goals?

I started setting reading goals in 2010. My goal was to read 50 books in one year. I read 60. In 2011, the goal was to meet it or beat it. My total for 2011 was 61 (and I didn't read anything in September or November). Once again, I have a meet or beat it goal. Total books read in the first quarter of 2012 - 20.

Brad's picture

That's a good pace for your book metric. Are you reading primarily fiction or non-fiction?

I've been trying to establish a more healthy eating pattern, and while I've kind of succeeded I haven't seen the results in my weight that I was hoping for.

Mase's picture

Brad wrote:
That's a good pace for your book metric. Are you reading primarily fiction or non-fiction?

I've been trying to establish a more healthy eating pattern, and while I've kind of succeeded I haven't seen the results in my weight that I was hoping for.

Same exact thing for me. Almost to the point of depressing for me at least. Back in January of 2011 I gave up pop because I was told to. So I just drank the usual milk, water and juice. Beginning of this year I decided to eat better, and have maybe one day where I can cut loose. Saw a bunch of my friends do that and it seemed to work out for them.Well... for Lent... I decided to just drink water to see if that will help even more, and nope. So now I'm back to drinking tea again because I need something... lol

Still gonna keep trying. Hoping now that its warmed up that getting outside will officially do something for me.

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kristen K.'s picture

I try to avoid setting yearly goals because I always peter out in my resolve.

There has been talk in our house about my oldest daughter and I doing the Princess 1/2 Marathon next year. I supposed that would mean I have a goal to be able to walk a 16 minute mile sustained for 13.1 miles. However, I'm not married to this goal and really haven't put in much effort working towards that goal. LoL... I suppose that's because I don't know that I can actually accomplish it.

Bella's picture

Good for you!! I'm awesome at setting goals and terrible at reaching them. I am awesome.

mickey Bella

Mike has made the goal of going to every flower power concert at EPCOT this year. So far so good...Jose Feliciano - sat next to his sister and got talking to her, then she introduced Mike to him. then Starship, The Guess Who, and last weekend we saw the Spinners. Friday we are going to see Chubby CHeckers, he was awesome last year. It's difficult scheduling a trio to EPCOT every weekend for 10 weeks, but it's what he wants to do. Unlike most of you, we are not on vacation, which means we fit Disney into our busy lives when we can.

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Brad's picture

That will be impressive if you mange it. That's a LOT of concerts. What else do you do while you're there?

It depends, Sat. we spent the whole day, rope drop and the day at MK,then to EPCOT for the concert at 5:15, then we caught British Invasion and the Hat Lady before heading home. Sometimes we head to EPCOT just for the concert after work on Friday night. This Friday we will spend the day at HS then hop over to EPCOT to see Chubby - it's our last day of spring break mad
I'm looking forward to seeing ELO. I don't think EPCOT gets enough credit for their music. British Invasion is awesome and we have been watching Off Kilter for more than 12 yrs. I guess if you're there for a week, you see whoever is there at the time. Off Kilter is our all time favorite. We do a little of everything but usually find ourselves listening to some kind of music at EPCOT before or after other parks.

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Brad's picture

I love ELO. Here's my underrated ELO song of the day:

DisneyDee27's picture

I gave up drive through fast food for Lent. (no I didn't allow myself to walk in lol) it's been tough. Sometimes my job duties require me to eat on the fly so cutting out drive throughs was tough.
My goals this year are to workout more. I'm eating healthy I just need to move more. I've been doing aqua aerobics 3 times a week with about 15 minutes of lap swim before class and it feels good. I'm hoping to get up to 6 days of biking or swimming a week.
Dee mickey

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

JoAnn C's picture

Brad wrote:

I read mostly fiction (murder mysteries).