2012 Ticket Increases

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
2012 Ticket Increases

WDW has once again announced ticket increases. It's not really surprising, and looking at older posts on here, I guess this is the time of year that they normally do it. Still, I thought they might wait until more stuff is opened in Fantasyland. And as a FL resident, I'm obviously bummed about the increase in our passes.

http://www.diszine.com/content/walt-disney-world-ticket-prices-to-increase-june-3

I know the answer to this Wink but will this impact your coming to Disney, or not so much?

Vettelover's picture

Death, taxes, and Disney price increases are the three things you can count on but most will not let it affect them. Us included.

Skunk's picture

Over the past 10 years, the largest increase in price for an annual pass was $21. The 2012 increase is $55!! Saw a post about the Sunday price change, so I went ahead and purchased our annual passes for Nov. trip Friday night(hard to beat that $100 DVC discount too). In the past we have visited 2-3 times per year. Unfortunately, airfares this year have increased about $100 RT as well. Will be making fewer visits with longer stays.

Historic ticket pricing: http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

Kris1971's picture

Glad I got my tickets/park hoppers for the October trip back in April. Phew!

Jessi5989's picture

...well, here's one thing I'm glad I wont have to worry about anymore! yay

Jess's picture

Ticket price increases suck but we will still be going

J's picture
J

Most expenisve theme park in the country. It is certainly headed to $100.

MrHub's picture

Did I read that story right and FL Residence pass went up $299?

This is going to be really tough on families.....UGH!!!!!!!

Cheshire_Grin's picture

mrhub wrote:
Did I read that story right and FL Residence pass went up $299?

No-I just checked it out-the price of the Annual Pass went up around $ 40.
I hate that the price went up, but honestly that's just how it goes.
For now I will renew at the current price. This year alone I have used my pass enough that I have gotten double my moneys worth the price Smile And I still have 5 months to use it-so a $40 increase is still more than worth it!!!

I will say, when I saw your comment I almost had a heart attacked and checked it right away. No way I coudl have renewed with that kind of increase!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

crazycatperson's picture

In the past, we've always purchased 10-day tickets with the park hopper and no expiration options and used 5 days each in two different years. I did a little arithmetic, and with the new price increase, a 10-day no-expiration park-hopper costs as much per day as a 5-day park hopper without the no-expiration option, $65 per day. The 10-day ticket would lock me into this year's prices, but I'm not sure it's worth paying twice as much now for some future year's vacation.

Allie's picture

Yikes! eek Super glad I booked for our October trip back in February!