2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival on the DFB

Login to post comments
47 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival on the DFB

Are you headed to the 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Head on over to the Disney Food Blog today and check out the latest updates! There's new menu items and pictures of 15 delicious new treats to tempt guest tummies!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/07/08/news-more-2013-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-menu-items-and-food-photos/

Delicious!

Allie's picture

Oh man do the seared scallop and the sparkling pomegranate cocktail look good! So sad we won't be there this year!

finngirl's picture

I wish we were going too - there's at least 8 things there I would love to try!

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

disneydoc's picture

I know...lots of nice looking seafood dishes - I would love that. October is just not going to happen as long as I am teaching. sad

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

crazycatperson's picture

I love the Food and Wine Festival, but this year we'll miss it by a week. Oh, well. At least we get to go to WDW.

TroyW's picture

We are going to be there, cant wait to do my "tour"!!!! awesome Beer Beer Beer Beer

disneydoc's picture

looks like a liquid tour, Troy! silly

TroyW's picture

disneydoc wrote:
looks like a liquid tour, Troy! silly

awesome biggrin How did you know???? lol

Kristen K.'s picture

I have to miss it this year, but our roommate is going. I admit I'm crazy jealous.

taratru's picture

disneydoc wrote:
I know...lots of nice looking seafood dishes - I would love that. October is just not going to happen as long as I am teaching. sad

Why ever not?!?! October is just about the time I need a break. Smile We're taking 4 days off to go in November. We're naughty teachers. laugh

We only have TWO DAYS at F&W, and it's the last weekend. I'm afraid we're not going to get to the best stuff.

scorpio301's picture

We will be there ! clapping So excited !! yay

disneydoc's picture

taratru wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

Why ever not?!?! October is just about the time I need a break. Smile We're taking 4 days off to go in November. We're naughty teachers. :

Hmm... mickey

JMUDukz's picture

taratru wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

Why ever not?!?! October is just about the time I need a break. Smile We're taking 4 days off to go in November. We're naughty teachers. laugh

We only have TWO DAYS at F&W, and it's the last weekend. I'm afraid we're not going to get to the best stuff.

Two days....and one NIGHT until 4am!! Smile They better be putting on the ritz for all of us hungry runners!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JMUDukz's picture

And I don't mean Ritz crackers!!

JoAnn C's picture

taratru wrote:

I've gone the last weekend the last three years and everything was still up and running. And if you want to buy an F&W souveniers, they're half price.

JoAnn C's picture

I'm going to miss it this year. sad

JMUDukz's picture

We can do our own mini F&W fest when we meet up in Feb!!

Jess's picture

we are going to be there for the last day...I'm hoping it's not going to be to busy and we can check it out....some of those cocktails are calling my name

JoAnn C's picture

JMUDukz wrote:
We can do our own mini F&W fest when we meet up in Feb!!

awesome

SpamGoddess's picture

I have no plans to be there yet, but a friend of mine from California is looking into going either October or January, so I was thinking if he picked October, I'd go down for a couple of days and hit up F&W! Everything looks soooo amazing. Hopefully I'll be able to go and try it all. crossfingers

Eeyore's picture

My parents are going! I am so jealous! This will be their first time going during the Food and Wine!

Magic Days's picture

We are there for 8 nights and can't wait. First time forvfood and wine and can't decide where to begin.

Kris1971's picture

Magic Days wrote:
We are there for 8 nights and can't wait. First time forvfood and wine and can't decide where to begin.

Start with the shrimp taco in Mexico! Its scrumptious!

M

I will preface my remarks by admitting I have never been to the Food & Wine Festival, but...

I consider myself to be a foodie and have dreamed about going to the F&W for years. My children are getting older now and I know it may be a possibility to attend sometime in the next several years. However, I have looked at the food offerings and I am not impressed. Sure, I bet there are lots of good things. I was hoping it would be more International, though, and less Epcot. It appears to me that it has been dumb-downed for Americans' unadventurous palates like most of the restaurants in The World.

Someone please convince me I'm wrong.

KrystalT's picture

We will be there for the first week of F&W I can't wait to try some foods I wouldn't normally get at home biggrin

Coronado Springs 2000
Art of Animation-Cars 2013
PORS AND POFQ 2014
PORS 2015

The Colonel's picture

I booked a four day trip just to graze the kiosks and party around the world. I haven't missed F&W for about 10 years now. The Colonel likes to get his food on and his drink on. Check it.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel's picture

Yes the Americans that embrace the foods of all the world have dumbed down palates. What do the chefs of New York know about adventurous cuisine?

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

crazycatperson's picture

M wrote:
I will preface my remarks by admitting I have never been to the Food & Wine Festival, but...

I consider myself to be a foodie and have dreamed about going to the F&W for years. My children are getting older now and I know it may be a possibility to attend sometime in the next several years. However, I have looked at the food offerings and I am not impressed. Sure, I bet there are lots of good things. I was hoping it would be more International, though, and less Epcot. It appears to me that it has been dumb-downed for Americans' unadventurous palates like most of the restaurants in The World.

Someone please convince me I'm wrong.

If you're looking for truly exotic dishes with ingredients most Americans never eat, you won't find them. Escargots were the most unusual item I recall seeing. You're not likely to find anything like tripe or jellyfish or blood sausage.

But it's still good food and a lot of fun. I could happily go every year and never get tired of it.

Minnieg86's picture

Very excited to see this year's booths, loving the idea of the Scotland booth. Specifically made our trip during the festival lol

"If you are what you eat, then I only wanna eat the good stuff"-Remy from Ratatouille

M

The Colonel wrote:
Yes the Americans that embrace the foods of all the world have dumbed down palates. What do the chefs of New York know about adventurous cuisine?

First off, I want to make it clear that I am bashing my own--I'm an American.

Of course there are numerous exceptional restaurants in NYC, San Fran and most major American cities. That doesn't mean the general populous has wandered away from boring food. Most ethnic restaurants cater to what the majority of us demand, which is unadventurous, Americanized items. Sadly, I feel that Epcot generally does the same. I live in a suburb of Seattle and can drive two miles to a taco truck to get more authentic Mexican food than can be found in Epcot. And, oh yeah, it costs about $6 for a great lunch.

There is food that I enjoy at Epcot (especially at Norway), but they have the perfect venue and concept to take the average family on International food journeys and experiences beyond typical fare. Frankly, I think they fall short.

What I see on the Food and Wine blog looks like more of the same, which is a shame.

Kristen K.'s picture

M wrote:
they have the perfect venue and concept to take the average family on International food journeys and experiences beyond typical fare. Frankly, I think they fall short.

I heartily disagree. I think that they do indeed take the AVERAGE family, both young and old, on an international food journey. Because when you introduce exotic foods to people who have never eaten them, and may in fact be afraid to try new things, you have to start with something that they will eat. What the World Showcase restaurants and Food & Wine Festival does is open a door to a greater culinary world.

Just because something isn't adventurous to you doesn't mean that it isn't stretching the limits of other people. I took my mother to dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh in 2002 and though I was disappointed with the bland flavors we experienced, she was overwhelmed with the new exotic experience she was having. She left saying that she loved it and would happily eat Moroccan again. The experience took her farm fed mind and opened the door to something new and exciting in a safe and control manner that she could handle. Had I simply taken her to a Moroccan restaurant in Chicago she wouldn't have known where to start - but that wouldn't matter because she would have never walked in the door to begin with.

Sure - people who are already gastronomically adventurous may get a little bored (though you can always ask the kitchen to step up the local flavor and they will) but the average American traveler will be able to experience new things that they would never eat at home. I realize that many major cities in the country and their suburbs offer stunning food scenes. But the fact is that the further out you get from a city, the less likely you are to find spectacular food. Trust me - I've lived it. For a LARGE number of Disney Guests that makes Disney a dining mecca of flavors and genres that they can not get in their home towns.

I'm happy that you can drive down the road to a great food truck, that's not the reality for a large portion of the country though.