2014 Trip BOOKED!

Login to post comments
24 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
2014 Trip BOOKED!

We just booked our September 2014 trip last night! YAY! We surprised my sisters over Christmas telling them that we were taking them to Disney World as a graduation gift (one is graduating high school this spring and one is graduating next spring) and they were both stoked out of their minds! Neither has been since they were in 4th and 5th grade so I'm super excited to take them for their first adult trip! We went over the tentative plan last night and then booked. We were originally hoping to stay at Boardwalk but taking into some financial considerations (hey, did you know having a baby is SUPER expensive? eek eek eek) we decided to book at Pop instead from August 30th to September 5th. Current ADR plans include Coral Reef, Be Our Guest, Ohana, Yak & Yeti, Tutto Italia, California Grill (just for Jon and I on the night of our anniversary), and Whispering Canyon. Can't wait!!!

Magic Mirror's picture

stars stars congrats stars stars

I was wondering how the surprise had gone!
There is nothing better than a trip to plan

YYYYYY EEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHH

So happy for you- it's going to be such fun~

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Spook's picture

yay yay yay yay yay

Magic Mirror wrote:
stars stars congrats stars stars

I was wondering how the surprise had gone!
There is nothing better than a trip to plan

YYYYYY EEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHH

So happy for you- it's going to be such fun~

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

I'm with MM there. I was wondering what their response was.

amy1989's picture

yay! I'm all for Disney in September time! just as an extra note be our guest is hard to get reservations for a nighttime but I can safely say from experience of both day and night menus that the day one is absolutely outstanding!!!!! then again you can meet the beast on the night its a tough call!!!! stars

Allie's picture

We're planning on at least trying for a dinner reservation. We're making reservations at the 180 day mark so I'm hoping a reservation for 4 should be attainable at least one night of our stay. They've seemed to be getting a little more reasonable the longer it's been open.

h0ney227's picture

Allie wrote:
We're planning on at least trying for a dinner reservation. We're making reservations at the 180 day mark so I'm hoping a reservation for 4 should be attainable at least one night of our stay. They've seemed to be getting a little more reasonable the longer it's been open.

I booked mine at the 180 day mark on exactly the day and time I wanted and I'm going during spring break. So I dont think you will have any problems Allie! awesome

JoAnn C's picture

yay yay

very exciting news!

stars congrats Awesome congrats stars

disneydoc's picture

Woohoo. Love to plan a Disney trip. muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture

h0ney227 wrote:
Allie wrote:

I booked mine at the 180 day mark on exactly the day and time I wanted and I'm going during spring break. So I dont think you will have any problems Allie! awesome

That's great to hear! awesome

MrHub's picture

We always get in Allie, I don't think you will have a problem, just be on the phone at your 180 mark.

Mandy's picture

yay!!!! yay yay yay yay clapping clapping clapping clapping stars stars stars stars stars stars I recently saw someone with a clear diaper bag at WDW. I think that would be easier to take through security at the parks.

alicemouse's picture

Yay, Allie!! At first I was very excited to see your September date because we'll be there too yay , but then I was super bummed to see that you're going in the beginning of the month because we're not going until Sept. 25 sad

I hope you guys have a super awesome trip!! mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMUDukz's picture

Woohoo!!! Let the countdown begin!! Fingers crossed for your BOG!! Have you already picked out what you're eating at CG?? That's my new favorite restaurant!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Allie's picture

Mandy wrote:
yay!!!! yay yay yay yay clapping clapping clapping clapping stars stars stars stars stars stars I recently saw someone with a clear diaper bag at WDW. I think that would be easier to take through security at the parks.

Thanks for the tip, Mandy, but Penelope is staying home with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm not sure I'd want to invest in another diaper bag just for the parks, anyways.

alicemouse wrote:
Yay, Allie!! At first I was very excited to see your September date because we'll be there too yay , but then I was super bummed to see that you're going in the beginning of the month because we're not going until Sept. 25 sad

Bummer! I always seem to just miss people!

JMUDukz wrote:
Woohoo!!! Let the countdown begin!! Fingers crossed for your BOG!! Have you already picked out what you're eating at CG?? That's my new favorite restaurant!

The oak fired beef and the spicy Kazan roll have caught my eye, but DH hates spicy so we'll probably end up subbing in the dragon roll instead. Everything looks amazing, though!

MrHub's picture

I get the dragon roll a lot at CG. It's awesome!

SpamGoddess's picture

alicemouse wrote:

Haha, I'm going to BARELY miss them as I'm not planning on going down until the 7th!

But yay, Allie!! Hope this trip is AMAZING!!

JMUDukz's picture

JMUDukz wrote:

The oak fired beef and the spicy Kazan roll have caught my eye, but DH hates spicy so we'll probably end up subbing in the dragon roll instead. Everything looks amazing, though!

Sorry my quotes aren't working tonight, but I am so in love with the Oak Fired Beef. I think that's what I'm getting again in February!!

Kris1971's picture

I'm a huge fan of the Spicy Kazan Roll! I say give it a try!

Allie's picture

Kris1971 wrote:

If it were only up to my palate we definitely would, but I think DH will probably wimp out when he sees spicy in the title. How spicy is it? He's kind of a big baby when it comes to anything spicy....

Allie's picture

P.S. I'm going to Disney THIS YEAR! muchlove

MrHub's picture

Allie wrote:
Kris1971 wrote:

If it were only up to my palate we definitely would, but I think DH will probably wimp out when he sees spicy in the title. How spicy is it? He's kind of a big baby when it comes to anything spicy....

It's not that spicy really.

Allie's picture

mrhub wrote:
Allie wrote:
Kris1971 wrote:

It's not that spicy really.

Hmmmm I might be able to convince him then....maybe if we ask the server when we're there and he/she confirms this for him he'll give it a try....