2016 Hurricane Season Expected To Be More Active

Login to post comments
7 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2016 Hurricane Season Expected To Be More Active

http://www.abcactionnews.com/storm-shield/storm-shield-featured/hurricane-season-expected-to-be-more-active-than-past-years

"The National Hurricane Center is forecasting a near normal to above normal hurricane season in 2016.

They're forecast calls for between ten and sixteen named storms, four to eight of those will become hurricanes and one to four of those could become major hurricanes " a category three or bigger.If these numbers hold true, 2016 could be the most active hurricane season since 2012 since the last couple years have been mostly inactive in the Atlantic."

While there's no need to panic over this news, Disney travelers should be aware that Hurricane Season in Florida lasts from June through November. Be sure to keep an eye on the Orlando weather and hurricane predictions around the time of your travel.

JMed's picture

Right??? We are under a Tropical Storm Warning all weekend here. It's time to stock up on supplies and keep our fingers crossed!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

alicemouse's picture

JMed wrote:
Right??? We are under a Tropical Storm Warning all weekend here. It's time to stock up on supplies and keep our fingers crossed!

Stay safe, JMed!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture

alicemouse wrote:
JMed wrote:

Stay safe, JMed!

Thanks! I think most of the rain is over now... this was the neighborhood earlier... The entrance is over by the flags once you turn right at the stopsign. The other is in front of our house. Luckily we are a tad higher and it wasn't in our driveway.

PreviewAttachmentSize
entrance
entrance88.37 KB
our street
our street64.07 KB

alicemouse's picture

Wow! I'm glad to hear that you fared ok. I hope your neighbors have good sump pumps and/or flood insurance. sad
I was kind of caught off guard by the rain yesterday. I knew it was supposed to hit the Carolina's, but I wasn't really paying attention to the impact forecasts for our area. Honestly, it's rained so much here lately that I didn't think it was possible for the clouds to have any more water left to drop! laugh We went to a picnic at a friend's house and hit some pretty ugly monsoon-type rain just north of DC yesterday.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JMed's picture

The above took us by surprise, it happened in about 1.5 hours. It was crazy. Luckily it all ran down to the retaining ponds but it took a while.

Magic Mirror's picture

Yowzer, JMed- glad your house is dry!