$250 Free Spending..

Login to post comments
18 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
$250 Free Spending..

Good Morning Everyone...Well it's Tuesday and today I'am going to be running thro my Itinerary to check and double check that I haven't left anything out...Tho we arrive at 3.00pm and will spend our first evening in MK ( A tradition ) Our first full day will be doing a variety of things..Checking out our new resort WL and sailing to MK ( again ) and that night has two late hours at D.H.S. And we have FP + booked...But in the afternoon we will head to Downtown Disney to collect our free $250 card from World of Disney ( Thank you kind lady ) ..Here's my question to you all..If Disney gave you $250 to spend in the parks, what would you spend it on.?..We already have our money put by into our Disney account ( We opened up an account years ago with a building society and use it for this purpose only ) and also have our stash of dollars to take with us..I was thinking of a nice piece of art that I can hang up on our Disney room, we already have a print of the castle at DL from a previous vacation..I would like to hear your suggestions of what you would spend this free $250 on.?

RobynPrincess's picture

I think I might be tempted by some disney art like you, something special I wouldn't normally buy cause it's too expensive... Though I could be tempted by a special tour too....

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

93boomer's picture

I would definitely go for the art too! There are so many pretty paintings that I have always wanted but didn't want to spend it all on one picture. It would be so great to look at that picture and think about Disney every day! Smile

JMed's picture

Alex and Ani!!! I am obsessed. Besides, it will be my birthday and what girl doesn't want jewelry!!! biggrin

If there was any left over after buying one of each, I would get my daughter something too..... rolling

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

Hmmmm... wonder how many Dole Whips you can buy with $250??

Just kidding - I would have a field day at the World of Disney store.

jw24's picture

I'd have to think of dividing the 250 among the certain products I want the most. So I'd probably just go to World of Disney and buy whatever I want.

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Mrferret's picture

Being perfectly honest i would probably spend it on something for my kitchen or, I would put it towards a D + B haunted mansion bag for Mrs Ferret.

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

designedbydisney's picture

a tour

oldtink's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

LOL Then I would have to leave enough money extra to buy new pants! laugh laugh laugh laugh

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

oldtink wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

LOL Then I would have to leave enough money extra to buy new pants! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Buying new pants wouldn't be an issue if you shared your wealth of Dole Whips & bought everyone in the same line as you a Dole Whip.

amy1989's picture

I think I would have to go with jewellery or an expensive handbag something I couldn't buy normally!!!

watchmaker I need to get the name of your nice lady!!!! laugh

The Watchmaker's picture

amy1989 wrote:
I think I would have to go with jewellery or an expensive handbag something I couldn't buy normally!!!

Her name is Dooney Burke... laugh Ain't that a coincendence ...

amy1989's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
amy1989 wrote:

Her name is Dooney Burke... laugh Ain't that a coincendence ...

sure is laugh laugh laugh laugh

muchlove The MOST fun we ever had with "free" money was a $100.00 gift card we got for our premiere card. We watched families with small kids during the early parade at MK who were wanting the light necklaces, and when the parents said they weren't in the budget - we would ask if we could treat, and let them pick one out. It was the best money I ever spent at the world. SO much fun,

The Watchmaker's picture

Gramofone wrote:
muchlove The MOST fun we ever had with "free" money was a $100.00 gift card we got for our premiere card. We watched families with small kids during the early parade at MK who were wanting the light necklaces, and when the parents said they weren't in the budget - we would ask if we could treat, and let them pick one out. It was the best money I ever spent at the world. SO much fun,

Wow..It's people like yourself that spread that little bit of magic and create memories..Well done.. awesome

Brinbunny's picture

I have a $200 dollar card to collect when I go, so this thread is right up my street awesome in Paris when I had extra spends I bought some special villains pins in a frame (looks like the magic mirror)

This time I may use it for something similar or artwork ect. I do have a thing for mugs and hoodies too... So maybe that. Either way I will be using it for something collectable so that I can remember my 1st ever trip.

Got more dollars yesterday...... Is $100 a day enough?

Thanks for a great thread yay

BarbaraB's picture

Gramofone wrote:

That's awesome!!! awesome awesome awesome awesome

~ Barb ~

RobynPrincess's picture

Gramofone wrote:

Awwww that's so lovely!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa