Abandoned Disney: Disney's River Country

Login to post comments
73 posts / 0 new
Karlipants's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/02/2012
Posts: 456

They should rebuild the park.... Extend the land out where the waterslides used to spill out into the lake and install an in ground infinity pool so that it looks like you're swimming in the lake... Only much safer... No bacteria, alligators, soft shell turtles, or iguana's to worry about! (Yep Iguana's swim in FL lakes.... I've seen it with my own eyes...).... They should put in new water slides... Fancy it up a bit... A third water park would be awesome! The more the merrier!

I would never swim in FL water... Unless it was the atlantic or gulf... scary.

__________________

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

twilightsparrow's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/16/2012
Posts: 337

Karlipants wrote:
They should rebuild the park.... Extend the land out where the waterslides used to spill out into the lake and install an in ground infinity pool so that it looks like you're swimming in the lake... Only much safer... No bacteria, alligators, soft shell turtles, or iguana's to worry about! (Yep Iguana's swim in FL lakes.... I've seen it with my own eyes...).... They should put in new water slides... Fancy it up a bit... A third water park would be awesome! The more the merrier!

I would never swim in FL water... Unless it was the atlantic or gulf... scary.

Now this would be a great idea Karli Smile

__________________

AKV-Kidani 8/2013 ~ PORS 11/2012 ~ CBR 11/2010 ~ CBR 5/2010

OUR DVC HOME: SSR

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

twilightsparrow wrote:
Karlipants wrote:
They should rebuild the park.... Extend the land out where the waterslides used to spill out into the lake and install an in ground infinity pool so that it looks like you're swimming in the lake... Only much safer... No bacteria, alligators, soft shell turtles, or iguana's to worry about! (Yep Iguana's swim in FL lakes.... I've seen it with my own eyes...).... They should put in new water slides... Fancy it up a bit... A third water park would be awesome! The more the merrier!

I would never swim in FL water... Unless it was the atlantic or gulf... scary.

Now this would be a great idea Karli Smile

I agree!

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

MikeMc's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/12/2012
Posts: 58

I miss Discovery Island

__________________

www.jamboeveryone.com

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

MikeMc wrote:
I miss Discovery Island

I wonder what's been going on over there lately...

Even if Disney didn't remake River Country as a full water park, they could potentially use the area to create a theme pool for the Ft. Wilderness area resorts that could rival Stormalong Bay. Though that would push up the rates of the cabins and camp sites past the moderate level. And the cost to clean up the area and do either has to be ridiculous.

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Offline
Joined: 09/03/2012
Posts: 7

It is so sad to see River Country like that. It really surprises me that Disney would leave it like that especially with all the paperwork and plaques there. So sad.

J's picture
J
Offline
Joined: 02/06/2012
Posts: 484

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
MikeMc wrote:
I miss Discovery Island

I wonder what's been going on over there lately...

I remember seeing something on the news a couple years ago about some kids who had gone there illegally. Still had a lot of props and weird things you thought they would have taken off. Reminded me a lot of the abandoned River Country. With a little research I bet someone could find the story.

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

J wrote:
The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
MikeMc wrote:
I miss Discovery Island

I wonder what's been going on over there lately...

I remember seeing something on the news a couple years ago about some kids who had gone there illegally. Still had a lot of props and weird things you thought they would have taken off. Reminded me a lot of the abandoned River Country. With a little research I bet someone could find the story.

Yep, it was linked earlier in the thread, I remember reading it a few months ago. Loved their night time photos!

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6603

Part two was posted today

http://www.yesterland.com/rivercountry2.html

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

JoAnn C wrote:
Part two was posted today

http://www.yesterland.com/rivercountry2.html

"Sorry, you can't take a shower during Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, no matter how much food you spill on yourself." rolling

Such photos can be taken from areas that are guest accessible, you say? Hmm...

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

Just saw this on Facebook from All Ears.net
Memories of River Country

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

Very interesting article mrhub. I remember going there ages ago.

__________________