Best Vacation Ever...Trip report 2014...

Login to post comments
146 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
Best Vacation Ever...Trip report 2014...

Well all good things have to come to a end... sad Ok..The party..Me..A 62 year old fanatic ...My dearest..48 yrs young..And my best buddy son..17 now..( oct 23rd )...We flew VA from Manchester on Sunday 12th at 11.30am and touched down at MCO at 3.00pm..Getting thro MCO was easier than I imagined ( first time ) and found the MDE waiting for us..We arrived at WL at approx 5.00pm and our jaws were down at our knees when we walked into the lobby.. eek ...Checking in was a breeze and we were on the 6th floor with a woods view and a side view of Bay Lake..After unpacking our cases we went exploring the resort before purchasing our refillables..We had 3,FP+ at MK so we took the launch and sailed the seven seas in approx 10 mins we were there..When we walked thro those turnstiles with our new customized Magic bands and stood at the end of Main St, it then sunk in that we were here once again..There stood Cinderellas castle in all her glory.( tissues at the ready ) So we done our FP+ which were HM..POTC...and Buzz..We finished off by taking in COP..So by 11.00pm we were goosed and grabbed the bus back to our resort for a good nights sleep..I set the resort phone alarm for 7.00am for the next morning but guess what.??? eek Day Two continues tomorrow ....

amy1989's picture

yay yay yay yay glad your back cant wait to hear about it all!!!!

Kris1971's picture

Keep it coming!

alicemouse's picture

I'm sorry that you trip has come to an end, but I've been so looking forward to your trip report!! Welcome Home yay

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Allie's picture

Can't wait for more TR! yay

Mousedreaming's picture

I have been waiting to hear all about it! Oh, and welcome back! yeah

*Proud Disney Nut*

Ooohh, a tease!! laugh

Welcome back!! We missed you, and cannot wait for more.

disneydoc's picture

Can't wait! Love TRs! mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

jw24's picture

I can't wait to read more from your TR!

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Mrferret's picture

awesome

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

PJsLife's picture

pillowfight Yeah. Keep it coming. Sounds Fabulous

Kristen K.'s picture

Welcome back Watchmaker! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures. mickey

The Colonel's picture

Yeah, coming home sucks...I feel for ya. Tell us about your trip and start planning the next one. It kills the pain.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

BarbaraB's picture

Welcome back! Hope you had a great time! Can't wait to read all about it!

~ Barb ~

JMed's picture

yay Welcome back! Can't wait to hear what happened next!!!!!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

93boomer's picture

yay yay Welcome Home!! So glad you are home safe!! And so happy you had a great trip! Cannot wait to hear about all your adventures!!

Magic Days's picture

Welcome back. So glad you've made it back home safely.

Ms.Mouse's picture

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about the rest! clapping yay

The Watchmaker's picture

Where was I..Oh Yeh...Day 2..Our phone alarm was set for 7.00am but for some strange reason I awoke at 5.00am feeling as fresh as can be...A lovely shower soon had the rest of my squad up at attention wondering what the heck am I doing up at this time..Coffee and tea in our room soon calmed us down..So we arrived at Epcot for Rope Drop at 7.30am..We walked straight onto Soarin followed by three breakfast platters at SS ..( we all love this breakfast that includes scrambled eggs,bacon,sausages,potato things,French toast,and a wee scone ) We then trooped off to our first FP+ for Mission Space ( I waited outside,not my cup if tea ) then it was back for our FP+ for Soarin,again, and twice we got concourse 1 ( best screen ) and row 1 ( no feet dangling ) We also done Living the Land and Circle of Life before heading for Spaceship Earth..For lunch we opted for Fish & Chips at Yorkshire chippy then we visited Rose & Crown for a Carls Combo..I finally got to meet the man himself..( Iam a member of R&C ) ..Now this is where the magic kicks in..We leave the pub and are walking towards Canada and I sees this woman and her man walking towards me..I instantly recognised her shades from her avatar on an old site but still are friends on Face Book..So I points my finger and calls her name..What are the odds on that..So after a wee chat we said our goodbyes as it was there last day..We headed back to WL for a dip in the DVC pool which was great for us as we never done the big pool at PORS in all past three trips..That night we got the boat to MK and just strolled around soaking up the atmosphere.We had no big waits for HM or POTC ...I should mention that in the afternoon just as we were leaving Epcot,the skies opened up and it pelted down.( this was our only day of rain ) We had a late dinner that night at Roaring Forks..The BBQ slaw was very good but we weren't impressed by the flatbread..Tomorrow was looming with our first ADR at The Yachtsmen, but that's day three.. awesome

Ms.Mouse's picture

Sounds wonderful! How do you become a member of R&C? My husband loved that place.Looking forward to day 3!

Magic Mirror's picture

clapping yeah! I also was hoping you would do a trip report...! Please.. mickey ...continue

The Watchmaker's picture

Ms.Mouse wrote:
Sounds wonderful! How do you become a member of R&C? My husband loved that place.Looking forward to day 3!

Good question..I have lots of friends from an old disney site who are now friends with me on Facebook and I was requested to join the R&C group..I will ask them how to join and get back to you..

The Watchmaker's picture

Ms.Mouse wrote:

Ok..Heres the link..HTTPS://M.Facebook.com/Groups/188678041161391?Ref=Bookmark.

93boomer's picture

clapping Great TR so far!! Keep it coming!!

JMed's picture

I am hoping to have that early pep in my step the whole time we are there. Joe asked last night if there was any down time or sleeping in... I told him "Yes, when we get back home!"

biggrin

Bring on more of the TR!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Belinda's picture

muchlove Loving your report - keep it coming!!

** BeLiNdA **

What a great second day!! TY for the report.

And isn't that the wierdest experience to run into someone you know at Disney? It happened to us once - and we also found out we were staying at the same resort as them! Ha!

I got back and found that one of my friends and her husband were out there the same time sadly we didn't know until we got back.

jw24's picture

Good stuff from the TR. Can't wait to read your ADR experience at Yachtsmen. On a side note, any chance you'll post pics?

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Ms.Mouse's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
Ms.Mouse wrote:

Ok..Heres the link..HTTPS://M.Facebook.com/Groups/188678041161391?Ref=Bookmark.

Thank you! I will check this out Smile

The Watchmaker's picture

jw24 wrote:
Good stuff from the TR. Can't wait to read your ADR experience at Yachtsmen. On a side note, any chance you'll post pics?

Photos coming soon..I need to get them downloaded onto my main PC and get them onto my I- Pad..Hopefully tomorrow ..