The Big 2014 Birthday Trip!!

Login to post comments
95 posts / 0 new
93boomer's picture
The Big 2014 Birthday Trip!!

Well I had better start this thing or I will be hearing from watchmaker!

First let me start by saying that I don't do a great job like some people with these TRs. I either ramble on or don't say much. So, keep that in mind while reading. biggrin

There will be two of us going this trip. My DH plus me. This is our second trip this year. We went in the Spring and had a great time. That is our favorite time of year to go besides the Fall. This will be our 25th trip to the world. We haven't been to see the Christmas decorations since 2006.

We have one DD who is 29. She lives in another city in our state. She won't be going this trip. We have taken her several times while she was in college, grad school, and out on her own. She just got married and they are very busy right now and couldn't get off work. But, they love disney as well. mickey

We will be going down the day after Thanksgiving and arriving around dinner time at the Hampton Inn. We have stayed here before since it is so close to DD. We will check-in then go to DD for dinner and start our vacation. My plan is to eat at the Earl of Sandwich.

to be continued.....

Brinbunny's picture

Yay boomer your trip has finally come around awesome

All reports are gratefully read regardless of size, shape, photos. Waffle on as much as you like mickey

93boomer's picture

Awe thanks!! I will never live up to your great TR though!! wink

Kristen K.'s picture

Awesome! Sounds like fun, and I love the Earl.

The Watchmaker's picture

No problems Boomer..Iam also not a great TR person...Tho Iam looking forward to reading your magical adventure.. awesome

93boomer's picture

Thanks guys!! wink

Allie's picture

Can't wait to hear all about it! Have an absolutely awesome trip! awesome

JMed's picture

yay yay yay yay

I can't wait to hear all about it! I am soaking in all these TRs that are coming up! I miss Disney so much and it's only been a week... Very excited for you!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

RobynPrincess's picture

Ahhhh the plans sound good already!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

93boomer's picture

Ok back to some TR.

Saturday will be our first full day. We are staying at POFQ. We have been alternating between here and PORS the past few times. We love both of these resorts. So quiet and relaxing.
We plan on checking in and then heading to the parks since we already have our magicbands. We are heading to MK where we have FP for Buzz, HM, and Splash Mtn. Could not get the new mine train until later in the week. The last I checked MK is open til midnight so we are planning a full day here unless we ph to another one and come back. We like to get our FP early in case we do that. The crowds will probably be bad since it's the weekend and holiday. You can always find something to do to avoid the crowds though. Over here, we just eat wherever we can get food.

Sunday is DHS. FP are TSM, IJ, and ST. IJ is ok but all the good FP were gone. Hoping to get something else later on. Osbourne Lights tonight too! These are so pretty! Fantasmic is tonight. A full day again. We sometimes ph to eat at Epcot and come back. Not crazy about the CS here.

Monday is my birthday!!! We will be at Epcot all day. Eating at R&C for the first time so very excited. PH are TT, SE, and FNemo.

More to follow.....need to paint! laugh

The Watchmaker's picture

93boomer wrote:
Ok back to some TR.

Saturday will be our first full day. We are staying at POFQ. We have been alternating between here and PORS the past few times. We love both of these resorts. So quiet and relaxing.
We plan on checking in and then heading to the parks since we already have our magicbands. We are heading to MK where we have FP for Buzz, HM, and Splash Mtn. Could not get the new mine train until later in the week. The last I checked MK is open til midnight so we are planning a full day here unless we ph to another one and come back. We like to get our FP early in case we do that. The crowds will probably be bad since it's the weekend and holiday. You can always find something to do to avoid the crowds though. Over here, we just eat wherever we can get food.

Sunday is DHS. FP are TSM, IJ, and ST. IJ is ok but all the good FP were gone. Hoping to get something else later on. Osbourne Lights tonight too! These are so pretty! Fantasmic is tonight. A full day again. We sometimes ph to eat at Epcot and come back. Not crazy about the CS here.

Monday is my birthday!!! We will be at Epcot all day. Eating at R&C for the first time so very excited. PH are TT, SE, and FNemo.

More to follow.....need to paint! laugh

....Ok..Dumb dumb here..Iam Scratchin my head..What is PH.?. confused

Allie's picture

Oooo you're so close now! Have an awesome time! clapping

93boomer's picture

Sorry watchmaker! PH is park hopper.

93boomer's picture

Allie wrote:
Oooo you're so close now! Have an awesome time! clapping

Thank you!Smile

93boomer's picture

I forgot to mention Illuminations on Monday! Oops! On Tuesday we will be in MK. Our FP are Under the Sea, Mine Train (finally!!! so excited for this one and I don't like roller coasters or anything fast), and IASW. We also have tickets for the Mickey Very Merry Christmas party. We have been to the Halloween party and loved it, so we are giving this a first-time try for us to see how it compares.
On Wednesday we are at AK. I really loved this park in the Spring! For some reason, my fav park keeps changing. Last year, my fav was MK. Anyways, FP are Safari, with lunch at Sanaa in between FP, pictures with Mickey and friends, and FofLK. Excited to see the new venue for this.
On Thursday we are at Epcot and probably phopping. This will be our last day sad FP are Soarin' (love, love this), Crush TT, and SE. We usually shut a park down the last night because we are wanting to make it last and last and last!
Friday, we head home yuck but may stop to do some Christmas shopping along the way!! clapping
Hopefully, we will get to do a lot of what we have planned!! awesome

more later......

Allie's picture

We've done the Halloween party but never the Christmas party, but we will be going for the first time next year so I'm exited to hear what you think of it!

The Watchmaker's picture

93boomer wrote:

Lol...Silly me..I thought it was Pirate Hijackers.... laugh

93boomer's picture

Allie wrote:
We've done the Halloween party but never the Christmas party, but we will be going for the first time next year so I'm exited to hear what you think of it!

Hope we like it! I will definitely let you know.

93boomer's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
93boomer wrote:

laugh laugh

JoAnn C's picture

What a great way to celebrate your birthday.

Magic Mirror's picture

Sounds terrific! And with PORFQ and Earls ......what a great start!

93boomer's picture

Thanks guys!!! We have 5 more days to get ready! I need to start packing!!!! eek

The Watchmaker's picture

93boomer wrote:
Thanks guys!!! We have 5 more days to get ready! I need to start packing!!!! eek

I wish..I wish..Och..I know you will have a magical time.. clapping

Mrferret's picture

The Watchmaker wrote:
93boomer wrote:

I thought Boomer meant pixie hollow waiting

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

93boomer's picture

Mrferret wrote:
The Watchmaker wrote:
93boomer wrote:

I thought Boomer meant pixie hollow waiting

laugh laugh

93boomer's picture

We got here ok! But it has been busy!! Tons of people. Hoping Monday is quieter. And it is my birthday tomorrow!! Changed some FP. Going to Osbourne Lights tomorrow night!Smile

Mrferret's picture

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Boomer birthday

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

JoAnn C's picture

birthday

have a great time. looking forward to reading about your trip.

Allie's picture

birthday Hope you're having a spectacular time!

93boomer's picture

Ooh very sad! We are on the road back home! rolling Wonderful trip! Catch you guys up soon!Smile

disneydoc's picture

Safe travels!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker