*BIG* meet up Fall 2016

Login to post comments
254 posts / 0 new
crazycatperson's picture

You need to take her on some really amazing non-Disney vacations between January 2015 and October 2016.

(Is there such a thing as really amazing non-Disney vacations?)

Allie's picture

Haha I love it, MM! awesome

Magic Mirror's picture

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
Me to Amy: "I know you want to travel to other places than Disney" eek gaah
"and we have gone three years straight, so I won't plan any more Disney trips for at least 21 months".

Amy: "really?" "but we can still go on vacation somewhere else?"

Me: "yes, I'll take you to where ever else you want to go"

Amy: "so we won't go back to Disney for like two years... ? ..."

Me: "well, not exactly, it will be Oct. 2016"

Amy: "but that's the following year from when we go in January (2015)! So we are going every year!"
"we went 2013, 2014, 2015 and now 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: "I don't know why you have to bring the year into it, that has nothing to do with it, you go by months.
Disney is always measured by months, not years, and from January (2015) to October (2016) its
21 months, almost two years".

Amy: waiting waiting gaah waiting waiting

Amy: "can we go to MNSSHP ?"

Me: "Yes" awesome mickey

Amy: "ok"

----

Me: "by the way, did I mention we are going to do a cruise too"
oh- ooops - she already left the room...well...I'm sure she won't mind ......
I'll just mention that in ... oh i don't know..maybe in about 20 months.

wink

I absolutely love your reasoning about the months vs. years, I find it completely logical and we would get along splendidly biggrin

Hi please add me to the interested list. Due to financial restraints I'll only be able to do the WDW part not the cruise.

Kristen K.'s picture

Add me to the interested list and keep me in the loop, but I'm not sure how my finances will be at that point. I can think more seriously about it after February.

Figments Girl's picture

I am interested. Will probably also be interested in sharing a cabin.

alicemouse's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
You need to take her on some really amazing non-Disney vacations between January 2015 and October 2016.

(Is there such a thing as really amazing non-Disney vacations?)

There is decidedly no such thing as a an amazing non-Disney vacation biggrin Unfortunately, as much as Benn does enjoy Disney, I, too, will at some point have to take him on a non-Disney vacation (I feel your pain, MM)...though I'm having trouble deciding...Aulani or Adventures by Disney?? gaah hehe... mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Magic Mirror's picture

awesome I like how you think AliceM!

designedbydisney's picture

This sounds like a great plan and trip and I would love to come but sadly our plans at the moment are

2015- WDW honeymoon
Dlp halloween

2016- disneyland christmas and my 30th
2017- tokyo DL and Hongkong DL
2018- Shanghai DL and tokyo DL (maybe ill take my new wife to Bali though)

If I'm honest we are a little burned out on Florida, although it's our home we need to give it 3-4 years and go back when disney springs, avatar, rivers of light, Norway, the hub, the poly, and holly wood studios have all finished refurbing, hopefully universal will have also finished all the Harry potter updates by then too. For now it's time to look to new horizons and visit some new and exciting disney parks Smile

JoAnn C's picture

Not sure if I will be able to make it. My niece is going on a high school band trip to Hawaii in December 2016. I told her I would chaperone if needed. If they don't need me to chaperone, I'll be there for the big meet up.

Miss Mikki's picture

Just thought I would bump this thread.

My DH who said we probably wouldn't be able to go to Disney until 2019 and that we need to do some non-Disney (and less expensive) travelling first mentioned out of the blue how much he would like to go to the F&W festival again soon! We definitely can't go this year but there is a possibility we can go in 2016!!! In which case we will make sure we book to fit in with the meet up. I better start saving!

no ticker Sad

RobynPrincess's picture

I know I know, I'm still on vacation right now but I feel this totally needs to be bumped up. It won't be long before the fall 16 cruise dates are announced so then we can start planning! Woohoooo! Jan and I have had the best time this trip, we already know we are definitely in for next October, can't wait to get some dates fixed!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

crazycatperson's picture

What Robyn said. Doing Disney with other Disney geeks is awesome!

Allie's picture

Watching my emails eagerly for dates to be announced! muchlove

JMed's picture

Can't wait!!! I will be there for the land portion of this trip!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Sid Man's picture

this sounds like it'll be fun...will be interesting to do stuff I haven't thought of doing before and even stuff I've done before will be more fun!

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

RobynPrincess's picture

Yay!

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

The Colonel's picture

Do we have dates for this Dis-fest yet?

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Allie's picture

Cruise dates for the end of 2016 haven't been announced yet so I think that is all that we're waiting on to nail down a time.

RobynPrincess's picture

I think that would be best, wait for the cruise dates and work it out from there. How long till they are out?!?! I can't take this waiting!!!!!

Watson's go West May 15

JMed's picture

too long if you ask me! I hope I can work it out to do both!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Spook's picture

Are we still planning a land meet up?

Miss Mikki's picture

I hope so, hubby refuses to do cruise but has relented and agreed that we can do F&W in 2016... And if it so happened that it coincided with meet up then yay!
Dave is going on a trip with his dad around the southern states of America next month without me, so I figure that I am owed a holiday so I haven't ruled out doing the cruise solo, depending on cost.
By the way, last time my dad was in Disney, he got chatting to a woman on the monorail who was staying at the contemporary on conference rates - massive saving!!! If enough of us go, do you think we could get those rates?

no ticker Sad

RobynPrincess's picture

Ooooh I don't know.... Though we will be using our DVC. I think others on here are thinking of going solo on the cruise part so maybe a few of you could get together Smile maybe we could get group rates on the cruise part also? I know they exist as friends went on a transatlantic and managed to arrange a group discount.

Watson's go West May 15

RobynPrincess's picture

Spook wrote:

Definitely still a land meet up too!!!

Watson's go West May 15

Miss Mikki's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Ooooh I don't know.... Though we will be using our DVC. I think others on here are thinking of going solo on the cruise part so maybe a few of you could get together Smile maybe we could get group rates on the cruise part also? I know they exist as friends went on a transatlantic and managed to arrange a group discount.

We need input from Allie and Alicemouse I think.

no ticker Sad

Spook's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:
Spook wrote:

Definitely still a land meet up too!!!

yay yay yay

RobynPrincess's picture

Think we just need the sea portion sorted first so we can decide which side (or both) to meet up Smile

Watson's go West May 15

alicemouse's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
RobynPrincess wrote:

We need input from Allie and Alicemouse I think.

We have to book 8 staterooms to qualify as a "group for DCL and we need a 10-room reservation for a group rate at WDW.

Also, the remainder of Royal Caribbean's sail dates for 2016 are set to be released tomorrow (well, basically today since it's 11:44pm currently). I can't imagine that Disney will let them get much of a jump on the summer and fall markets!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.