*BIG* meet up Fall 2016

Login to post comments
254 posts / 0 new
crazycatperson's picture

OMG there's going to be an amazing bunch of people on this trip, assuming everyone who has expressed an interest can go. And of course I hope others who are on the fence or think they can't will discover they can after all. There are so many people I'd love to meet, or meet again.

DisneyDee27's picture

hooray!!! awesome just wanted to come in and say HI biggrin

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

lolastardust's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
OMG there's going to be an amazing bunch of people on this trip, assuming everyone who has expressed an interest can go. And of course I hope others who are on the fence or think they can't will discover they can after all. There are so many people I'd love to meet, or meet again.

Same here! OMG CCP we can have a whole real conversation about cats. I can't wait. There's so many people I'm dying to to meet. haha my poor husband isn't going to know what's hit him.

DisneyDee27 wrote:
hooray!!! awesome just wanted to come in and say HI biggrin

Hi! Wheeeeeeee. Excited. Laughing out loud

Spook's picture

I'm so jealous of this cruise gaah

Miss Mikki's picture

Spook wrote:

It is quite a long way off. Is there any chance you may be able to come (finances/time off work allowing)?

no ticker Sad

Disneylover21's picture

How much do you think it would be to just do the land portion? If this question has already been asked I'm sorry I didn't see it while browsing.

Spook's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
Spook wrote:

It is quite a long way off. Is there any chance you may be able to come (finances/time off work allowing)?

It's not that. It's more of my hate of boats and water waiting

Miss Mikki's picture

Spook wrote:
Miss Mikki wrote:
Spook wrote:

Maybe you could make the land meet up at WDW?

no ticker Sad

Allie's picture

Disneylover21 wrote:
How much do you think it would be to just do the land portion? If this question has already been asked I'm sorry I didn't see it while browsing.

Depends on the number of days you want to stay, the resort you want to stay at, and what type of deals come out at the time. You're welcome to come of as little or as much as you want so the budget is really up to you awesome

Allie's picture

Disneylover21 wrote:

I PMed you

Spook's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
Spook wrote:
Miss Mikki wrote:
Spook wrote:

Maybe you could make the land meet up at WDW?

Oh I am definitely planning that! awesome

Sid Man's picture

Spook, I think there's a fair few of us who'll only be doing the land portion of this meet, me for one!

I'm planning to do a week before the meet whilst the others are on the boat so I can do the other things - Universal, KSC, Disney tours, etc and relax before things get manic with the meet in the second week

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

lolastardust's picture

How many days are those who are doing the Cruise thinking of staying in WDW? I'm thinking we might just stay for 6-7 days to keep the cost down.

The Colonel's picture

Hey do we have a head count of definites and maybes? I'm just curious.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

RobynPrincess's picture

lolastardust wrote:
How many days are those who are doing the Cruise thinking of staying in WDW? I'm thinking we might just stay for 6-7 days to keep the cost down.

We will be staying a week each side of the trip!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

RobynPrincess's picture

The Colonel wrote:
Hey do we have a head count of definites and maybes? I'm just curious.

I'm guessing at about 35 Smile

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

crazycatperson's picture

We'll stay one week, weekend to weekend. If we do the cruise, that will mean only a couple of full days in WDW for us. So we would arrive Saturday, have Sunday in the parks, to the ship Monday, back from the ship Friday, Saturday in the parks, and Sunday back home again.

lolastardust's picture

Awesome guys. I think we'll probably do the Cruise and then a week in Disneyworld, depending on what package we end up getting. I might just book an All Star since we'll probably only be staying a week and the Cruise will be the main part, unless we can get a really good deal on somewhere else. I'm still so excited even though this is over a year away! x

JoAnn C's picture

I'll probably stay at least five days in the parks after the tour.

The Colonel's picture

we'll be arriving 10/14 and departing 10/25

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Miss Mikki's picture

We would probably fly in on Friday 14th (for cruise leaving on Mon 17th) for two weeks.

no ticker Sad

Sid Man's picture

I'd probably fly in on Saturday 15 and stay for two full weeks in the area.

Yes, that's me in the profile pic...kudos for guessing the movie...

Find me on Facebook

RobynPrincess's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
We would probably fly in on Friday 14th (for cruise leaving on Mon 17th) for two weeks.

We are leaning towards this too as we have other friends in orlando at the end of October so would like to see them Smile

Watson's go West May 15

DisneyDee27's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
We'll stay one week, weekend to weekend. If we do the cruise, that will mean only a couple of full days in WDW for us. So we would arrive Saturday, have Sunday in the parks, to the ship Monday, back from the ship Friday, Saturday in the parks, and Sunday back home again.

I may be on that same game plan Unless I can get two full weeks of vacation in October.

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

alicemouse's picture

DisneyDee27 wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:

I may be on that same game plan Unless I can get two full weeks of vacation in October.

That will likely be our game plan, too. We have to stretch out Benn's vacation.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

wistfulgirl's picture

We're definitely interested! We probably won't be able to do the cruise because of the kids' school but hopefully we could come down for a weekend for a meetup. We're hoping to be back November 19th through the 23rd, 2016 for birthdayversary (baby boy's birthday, my birthday, niece's birthday and our anniversary - kids are out of school for Thanksgiving that week) but we might be able to swing both an October and November trip. Hubby said maybe, so I'm saying yes depending on finances, lol!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

The Watchmaker's picture

Well we have just booked our 2016 vacation a few days ago..October 9th till 23rd...Staying at our new favourite resort Wilderness Lodge..( Still have happy memories of PORS our old favourite ) Anyway the only cruise I'll be doing is from Bay Lake via Seven Seas Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom... clapping

Allie's picture

But you'll be there for the land meetup! yay awesome

The Watchmaker's picture

Allie wrote:
But you'll be there for the land meetup! yay awesome

I'm ok for a meet and greet... awesome

NikkiMouse's picture

I would definitely be interested if I can convince DH. He is not a huge Disney fan and has graciously let me pick WDW for vacation the past 3 years. I will hope for a bounce back offer when we go this October to maybe sweeten the deal for him. If nothing else, maybe I can come down by myself....hmmmmm. Also, I would only be coming for the land portion as boats are not my friends.