Bonjour Disneyland Paris!

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2753
Bonjour Disneyland Paris!

Well, I never thought this would happen, but, we are going to Europe! We have officially registered for the Berlin marathon at the end of September. We will be in Berlin for 4 nights and have decided that since we are so close to Paris, we might as well head to Disney! So far planning on 3 nights but I might price out a 4th. I am nervous about travelling and possible language barriers but I'm hoping most people speak English lol. We had thought about maybe going to Norway for a few nights ( I really want to go there! I have a bit of a Norway obsession lol) but decided that would be too short and we can't miss an opportunity to go to a Disney park biggrin I do plan on doing the Norway Adventures by Disney trip some year.

Our trip is very far out but of course I've started planning. We are looking at staying at the Disney Sequoia Lodge. It may sound weird but I got really excited when I saw there is a Five Guys at Disney Village laugh I was hoping they would have Mr Toad's Wild Ride there but sadly they do not. I miss that ride in Florida.

Looking forward to all the planning!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2361

Yay!! That is so exciting!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22168

Oh my gosh - AMAZING! I can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures clapping

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9407

Congrats! I'm sure you will have a great time.

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1658

Wow, very exciting! What made you decide on Berlin for a marathon?

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2753

JanJ wrote:
Wow, very exciting! What made you decide on Berlin for a marathon?

Our run group is going. Berlin is one of the 6 world major marathons ( the others are Boston, Chicago, New York City, Tokyo and London). I believe they have done the 3 USA ones ( sadly that was before we joined and we missed them). So now it's Berlin then I think Tokyo in a few years. We weren't going to go originally but then once we got talking with people from the group we decided to join. We knew we'd be super jealous if they all left and we stayed behind laugh

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2753

Kristen K. wrote:
Oh my gosh - AMAZING! I can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures clapping

Oh I will awesome

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6557

I am so excited for you

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1658

Spook wrote:
JanJ wrote:
Wow, very exciting! What made you decide on Berlin for a marathon?

Our run group is going. Berlin is one of the 6 world major marathons ( the others are Boston, Chicago, New York City, Tokyo and London). I believe they have done the 3 USA ones ( sadly that was before we joined and we missed them). So now it's Berlin then I think Tokyo in a few years. We weren't going to go originally but then once we got talking with people from the group we decided to join. We knew we'd be super jealous if they all left and we stayed behind laugh

Wow, I had no idea. Germany is beautiful but I've never been to Berlin. I know you'll love it.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5419

Oh my gosh that is so cool, Spook! How exciting!

Mad Hatter's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/28/2013
Posts: 140

Have a magical time!!

__________________

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

Offline
Joined: 11/15/2012
Posts: 870

Don't worry about the language, most will speak English. Some of the shows are in English and French (Mickey and the Magician) some shows have specific times in English just check. In our opinion Walt's is a fantastic place to eat, expensive but great food some of the food is a bit blah.

Have been to Norway, it is one of the most expensive places I have ever stayed. Cost an absolute fortune. Beautiful and very clean.

__________________

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2753

Sally-Ann wrote:
Don't worry about the language, most will speak English. Some of the shows are in English and French (Mickey and the Magician) some shows have specific times in English just check. In our opinion Walt's is a fantastic place to eat, expensive but great food some of the food is a bit blah.

Have been to Norway, it is one of the most expensive places I have ever stayed. Cost an absolute fortune. Beautiful and very clean.

I figured we'd be ok at Disneyland with the language. It's mostly the airports that worry me! I've been hearing the food is expensive and not the best. Hopefully it's not too horrible laugh

I have heard Norway is expensive! I want to do the Adventures by Disney trip which is also crazy expensive lol. I plan on saving over the next few years for that one!