Calling All Enablers!

Login to post comments
21 posts / 0 new
JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441
Calling All Enablers!

I'm 98% sure Joe and I will make a quick, one day, up and back trip to The World on Monday (Memorial Day), before our summer AP block out begins.

2 hours up, 2 hours at Hollywood Studios, then 2 hours back (the most we like leaving the dogs alone is 6-7 hours).

Main objectives: pick up our Pass holder Donald car magnets, ride TSM and TOT (and maybe Star Tours) and get some treats and souvenirs. Easy enough to do in 2 hours (we have back to back FPs), right?

My only hesitation is the weather. Tropical storm forming in the Gulf, 90% chance of rain (probably heavy at that) on Monday (all weekend, too). I have our Disney ponchos, I have umbrellas....and I think TSM at a minimum, and maybe ToT depending on actual weather, would stay open.

Would you take the chance and just go and deal with whatever it's like once there? I just need a push past that itty bitty 2% that's causing me to rethink. Wink

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4635

It's only water and you will not remain wet, people dry off after a shower all the time. If I lived as close as you and Joe do now, Michele and I would go just to get the Donald passholder magnets. We have sets of Green and orange Mickey magnets but will not be able to head down just to pick them up, the Donald ones that is. Hopefully we will be able to find some during our December trip.
And besides if it is raining it may cut down on the crowds and enable you to do more during your stay. At the most you will be wet for only 4 hours, (2 hrs there and 2 hours return trip) heck you can do that standing on your head in a broom closet. laugh rolling

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9277

JeffC wrote:

Would you take the chance and just go and deal with whatever it's like once there? I just need a push past that itty bitty 2% that's causing me to rethink. Wink

Hell Yes, I would go!!!!
Oh, could you get me a magnet too? I need that one.

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1844

Looks like you have two choices...stay home and watch it rain...or go to Disney and play in the rain. Playing in the rain in Disney sounds like more fun to me.

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/'][/url]

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3497

I have simple words of advice...

Do it!! laugh laugh

Like Vettelover said, if I lived that close I would go all the time too.

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3497

MrHub wrote:

Oh, could you get me a magnet too? I need that one.

I was thinking the same thing!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Mad Hatter's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/28/2013
Posts: 134

Think about Tuesday. Wouldn't you rather wake up with magnets and memories?

__________________

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1606

I agree with everyone above - are you there yet? biggrin

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441

Ha! Well I knew I came to the right group! That did it...esp. Mad Hatter's perspective...no regrets!!

Unfortunately, Gus may have decided for us...hurt his back and spent the evening at the emergency vet. Follow up with our regular vet today, meds and acupuncture to start with and see how he responds. Right now not thinking we will be comfortable leaving him alone for 6 hours on Monday....poor Gus.

PreviewAttachmentSize
gus.jpeg
gus.jpeg40.49 KB
JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441

Hubs and JMed - how do you get magnets for other Passholders? When we got our first ones at Epcot they scanned our cards and wanted id. I hadn't realized that was possible unless you were there in person.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9277

JeffC wrote:
Ha! Well, I knew I came to the right group! That did it...esp. Mad Hatter's perspective...no regrets!!

Unfortunately, Gus may have decided for us...hurt his back and spent the evening at the emergency vet. Follow up with our regular vet today, meds and acupuncture to start with and see how he responds. Right now not thinking we will be comfortable leaving him alone for 6 hours on Monday....poor Gus.

Aww! Poor little guys hope he feels better real soon. Our Kona hurt his back a while ago and they just gave him muscle relaxers and said no roughhousing for a few weeks. He is fine now. Frenchies are really rough players though.

JeffC wrote:
Hubs and JMed - how do you get magnets for other Passholders? When we got our first ones at Epcot they scanned our cards and wanted id. I hadn't realized that was possible unless you were there in person.

You know you need one for all "3" cars you have! But honestly, last magnets I asked for they just saw my AP slider on my band and handed me a few magnets. Didn't ask for anything. Must just be who you get them from. Don't worry about it though Jeff, I was just messing with ya!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3497

MrHub wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Ha! Well, I knew I came to the right group! That did it...esp. Mad Hatter's perspective...no regrets!!

Unfortunately, Gus may have decided for us...hurt his back and spent the evening at the emergency vet. Follow up with our regular vet today, meds and acupuncture to start with and see how he responds. Right now not thinking we will be comfortable leaving him alone for 6 hours on Monday....poor Gus.

Aww! Poor little guys hope he feels better real soon. Our Kona hurt his back a while ago and they just gave him muscle relaxers and said no roughhousing for a few weeks. He is fine now. Frenchies are really rough players though.

JeffC wrote:
Hubs and JMed - how do you get magnets for other Passholders? When we got our first ones at Epcot they scanned our cards and wanted id. I hadn't realized that was possible unless you were there in person.

You know you need one for all "3" cars you have! But honestly, last magnets I asked for they just saw my AP slider on my band and handed me a few magnets. Didn't ask for anything. Must just be who you get them from. Don't worry about it though Jeff, I was just messing with ya!

awwww, Gus is beautiful!!! Hope he is feeling better soon!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441

On to Plan B (because a true Disneynut enthusiast always has a Plan B) - rearrange my work schedule so we can go on Wednesday.

Gus is doing better but with 4 different meds just want to give it a few more days to make sure he's ok. And he has a second acupuncture session on Tuesday - we may rename him Pokey. laugh

drwadadli's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2017
Posts: 82

JeffC wrote:
Ha! Well I knew I came to the right group! That did it...esp. Mad Hatter's perspective...no regrets!!

Unfortunately, Gus may have decided for us...hurt his back and spent the evening at the emergency vet. Follow up with our regular vet today, meds and acupuncture to start with and see how he responds. Right now not thinking we will be comfortable leaving him alone for 6 hours on Monday....poor Gus.

Sorry to hear about Gus. Hopefully, your vet also has Gus on some form of joint supplement like Dasuquin Advanced. Also, if acupuncture doesn't seem to help much, ask your vet K-Laser or Companion Laser therapy.

I hope is he feeling better since he has had some days to rest.

__________________

Prior: Offsite most every other years from 1972 - 2000

Most recent: Offsite 2001 & 2003 / ASM 2006 / Offsite 2009 / Poly 2011 / POR 2013 / CR 2014 / GF 2015 / Offsite 2017

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 19802

Awww... poor Gus sad Hope he feels better soon.

__________________

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441

Thanks drwadadli and Kristen! Really great progress and improvement over the last few days. Now we are struggling to get him to rest and stay still. Have you ever tried to tell a dachshund to sit still and stop jumping?? Stubborn...we are child proofing every room so he has to stay on the floor.

He was not as happy with acupuncture today - he felt more of them this time and advised us of his discontent. eek but it appears to be helping quite a bit.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5227

Sorry to hear about Gus' injury sad But you're at Disney today!

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4441

Mission accomplished! Got our AP magnets, leveraged back to back FPs for TSM (I won!!) and ToT, had a frozen cappuccino from Joffrey's and a Mickey pretzel. Rainy and wet but we had our Disney ponchos. 5 hours round trip. Not a bad afternoon at all awesome

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_3400.jpg
img_3400.jpg2.14 MB
img_3383.jpg
img_3383.jpg2.6 MB
img_3380.jpg
img_3380.jpg1.38 MB
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 19802

Hoorah for getting there! Also, glad to hear that Gus is feeling better.

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9277

Nice, glad you got to get them!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3497

Looks like a great day trip!!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too