***** Disappearing posts! *****

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405
***** Disappearing posts! *****

To all members, yes posts are disappearing, you are not going crazy. I have sent a message to Admin & Brad. This situation is being looked into. If you notice anything else in the mean time, please send me a PM as I'm trying to keep track of whats going on here so I can let Admin know. Hopefully this post won't disappear!

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1884

So far, I have found two of mine missing. Both were posted last night.

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

I thought i was going mad LOL

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

Okay pictures are changing too! The first one is the picture that is supposed to be there, the second is the one that it keeps changing too!

PreviewAttachmentSize
save2.jpg
save2.jpg67.74 KB
china_smack.jpg
china_smack.jpg122.6 KB
angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

I thought mine was erased because someone didn't like what I said about the free wifi.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

angels444 wrote:
I thought mine was erased because someone didn't like what I said about the free wifi.

No , you would have gotten a message about it if that was the case.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21885

Oh no! We would never erase something for that reason! Everyone at WDW For Grown Ups is allowed to have and voice their own opinion.

So, I jumped into the conversation with MrHub, Brad and Admin. I was having some computer issues and may have inadvertently caused the destruction. Puzzled We're looking into it. I'm not sure if I did it but I am *SO* sorry! If it was my fault it was totally a mistake and I didn't mean to. I've been having computer issues this morning. sad

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

No worries Kristen, if that's the case, at least we know what happened and problem solved, if thats the case. I still don't like the bit about the picture changing, but a lot site do that so you don't use their pictures.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Yeah... I noticed it last night when posting answers to the member of the week... so I reanswered them... weird...

I blame the Hat Box Ghost

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21885

Wait... posts started disappearing last night? confused

I didn't start working on the comments until about 6:30CST this morning.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Hi All!

As MrHub said, we are looking into this. Thank you for your patience; we'll keep you updated. MrHub is likely correct that the picture issue is a different consideration and is being controlled by the site where the photo currently hosted.

Please keep posting as normal -- we won't be able to tell if the problem is still happening if nobody is posting. Wink If you see a particular post disappear, please let MrHub know via PM of the thread from which it disappeared, and the number the post would have been in the thread.

Many thanks!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

Kristen K. wrote:
Wait... posts started disappearing last night? confused

I didn't start working on the comments until about 6:30CST this morning.

Guess your off the hook then Kristen! Wheeew ................! yay yay yay wink

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

admin wrote:
Hi All!

As MrHub said, we are looking into this. Thank you for your patience; we'll keep you updated. MrHub is likely correct that the picture issue is a different consideration and is being controlled by the site where the photo currently hosted.

It was. The picture was for the site it was hosted. Must not liked off-linking... what happened to "Its always fun to share!"

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4651

Mase wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi All!

As MrHub said, we are looking into this. Thank you for your patience; we'll keep you updated. MrHub is likely correct that the picture issue is a different consideration and is being controlled by the site where the photo currently hosted.

It was. The picture was for the site it was hosted. Must not liked off-linking... what happened to "Its always fun to share!"

Mase somehow that post does NOT sound right, it that the way it's supposed to read? or were a few words skipped.

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Vettelover wrote:
Mase wrote:
admin wrote:
Hi All!

As MrHub said, we are looking into this. Thank you for your patience; we'll keep you updated. MrHub is likely correct that the picture issue is a different consideration and is being controlled by the site where the photo currently hosted.

It was. The picture was for the site it was hosted. Must not liked off-linking... what happened to "Its always fun to share!"

Mase somehow that post does NOT sound right, it that the way it's supposed to read? or were a few words skipped.

Off-Linking is an internet term that means a certain site doesn't allow either their photos or links on other websites, and rather than saying that they will insert a new image or link.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

And sometime the pictures or links they are replacing them with are rather nasty! yuck

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

Well I don't think anymore posts vanished overnight.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

We're they full topics that went missing or just some posts in topics that went missing? I know for the past couple months every time I click in the thread that lists when people are going to Disney my computer tells me there is a virus....don't know if that has anything to do with why other things are messing up

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9405

Jess wrote:
We're they full topics that went missing or just some posts in topics that went missing? I know for the past couple months every time I click in the thread that lists when people are going to Disney my computer tells me there is a virus....don't know if that has anything to do with why other things are messing up

No just individual posts from threads Jess. I never got that message anywhere on this forum. That might be a problem with your Java causing that message.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Hi all! We've looked into the issue and it looks like some posts were deleted by mistake during our daily spam deletion process. We have the backup files, so if you've lost a post that took a lot of time or is particularly informational, please drop me a line and we'll do our best to restore it!

Thanks so much for your patience. awesome

Admin and Brad