Disney online dining system booking 190 days out?

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
admin's picture
Disney online dining system booking 190 days out?

Saw on a couple of blogs that the new Disney online advanced reservation system has a glitch that's letting people book 190 days in advance vs. 180 days -- even with fake reservation numbers. Anyone heard about (or taken advantage of) this?

cdub's picture

Wasn't LifeIsForLiving reporting something similar?

LifeIsForLiving's picture

Yep, I took full advantage. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or mistake, but it worked out great for me. Got everything I wanted. Truth be told, it would have been A LOT easier to make them the old-fashioned way though. I suspect I could have still gotten everything I wanted at 180 days and made all the reservations at once. Doing it the way I did, I had to get up at O'dark-thirty every morning to make reservations one at a time. I say O'dark-thirty because I was on vacation last week and had to get up before 0700 most every day no matter what wee hour of the morning I got to sleep. Was a bummer, but making them a week early at least gave me piece of mind.

dsoup's picture

LifeIsForLiving wrote:
Yep, I took full advantage. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or mistake, but it worked out great for me. Got everything I wanted. Truth be told, it would have been A LOT easier to make them the old-fashioned way though. I suspect I could have still gotten everything I wanted at 180 days and made all the reservations at once. Doing it the way I did, I had to get up at O'dark-thirty every morning to make reservations one at a time. I say O'dark-thirty because I was on vacation last week and had to get up before 0700 most every day no matter what wee hour of the morning I got to sleep. Was a bummer, but making them a week early at least gave me piece of mind.

Better safe than sorry I suppose. Although I don't think I would have gotten up early.

admin's picture

Whoops! Didn't see your reporting, LIFL! Glad you took advantage of it.

In hindsight, the 190 method was probably best for me. Since I had to waitlist for Kidani Village, we ended up with three separate reservations. They are all linked and will, but being separate I would only be able to book to the end of each individual reservation. I still would have had to call three times.

Annie's picture

LifeIsForLiving wrote:
In hindsight, the 190 method was probably best for me. Since I had to waitlist for Kidani Village, we ended up with three separate reservations. They are all linked and will, but being separate I would only be able to book to the end of each individual reservation. I still would have had to call three times.

Interesting. So you have three separate ressies booked, but they're all linked? Will you be in the same room the whole time, then?

Yepper, will be in the same room for the duration. Don't really understand why it has to be that way, but we checked and double checked and DVC MS said that's the way it's got to be.

I did get confirmation, by the way, that the online reservations system is not supposed to work that way (according to the CM I spoke to). She was quite certain this was a mistake and would be corrected at some point. If you're taking a trip in the next seven months or so I would keep an eye on that.