Disney Rituals

Login or register to post comments
15 replies [Last post]
Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246
Disney Rituals

We have little things that we have to do everytime we go to the park. For instance, we MUST get a Mickey ice cream bar, no matter what! And as previously discussed, a trip to MK doesn't feel complete if we don't ride Small World and the Carousel.

I'm wondering: what must you do every trip to make the trip feel complete? A certain order of doing things? Certain foods or rides? Or a certain souvenir you ALWAYS leave with?

Have you ever left without getting to do that particular ritual, and you felt something was missing?

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Mine may be different than everyone else's....... and to me this is weird... but...

I have to have the croissants... its a must for me. Everyday I have to have 1. Usually before I go to bed. And its not like I do it because they are the best. They are very good, its just when I was little... I would walk down to the food area and get one everyday, and now I cant stay there without getting one everyday. lol

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 3975

Well, top o' the list is Cosmic Ray's. Like Mase and his croissants, it's not like it's the best food in the park, it just is something I have to have every time. Period. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and a Ghirardelli sundae. And of course, I always have to take a picture of the entrance sign, and the metal Mickey statue at the Transportation Center.

*sigh* I miss my Disney!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Well, top o' the list is Cosmic Ray's. Like Mase and his croissants, it's not like it's the best food in the park, it just is something I have to have every time. Period. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and a Ghirardelli sundae. And of course, I always have to take a picture of the entrance sign, and the metal Mickey statue at the Transportation Center.

*sigh* I miss my Disney!

Jeff,

Did I tell you, or had they put them up when you were here last - they now have the areas in front of the main gates blocked so you can't pull off and take pics anymore. I'm having deja vu, so I think I told you that, and you said that y'all took the pic while driving.

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Well, top o' the list is Cosmic Ray's. Like Mase and his croissants, it's not like it's the best food in the park, it just is something I have to have every time. Period. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and a Ghirardelli sundae. And of course, I always have to take a picture of the entrance sign, and the metal Mickey statue at the Transportation Center.

*sigh* I miss my Disney!

Jeff,

Did I tell you, or had they put them up when you were here last - they now have the areas in front of the main gates blocked so you can't pull off and take pics anymore. I'm having deja vu, so I think I told you that, and you said that y'all took the pic while driving.

Well I didn't hear that..that is so sad!! I mean I never pulled off to take a picture but maybe I wanted to and now I can't.

__________________

mickey Bella


Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 3975

Hi Lizzy -

Yep, I take that picture while driving in (or more appropriately, he Joe is driving in) clapping

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

We usually head to 'Ohana at least once during the trip, and we HAVE to ride Haunted Mansion no matter what!

Also, we go to the Magic Kingdom first. I think we've only ever NOT done that once, and it felt all wrong!

__________________



2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

WyckedPhoenix's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2011
Posts: 459

Number 1 tradition is we go to Disneyland for Christmastime, the year is not complete without it, LoL. Once we are there we always start AND end our day with Space Mountain. Plus, we have to watch the holiday fireworks with a hot chocolate, or a hot apple cinder for Andy. I know there is more but I can't think of them right now, haha!

__________________

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures


Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

WyckedPhoenix wrote:
Number 1 tradition is we go to Disneyland for Christmastime, the year is not complete without it, LoL. Once we are there we always start AND end our day with Space Mountain. Plus, we have to watch the holiday fireworks with a hot chocolate, or a hot apple cinder for Andy. I know there is more but I can't think of them right now, haha!

Those are lovely rituals! Makes me want to adopt them all, too!

Bella wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Well, top o' the list is Cosmic Ray's. Like Mase and his croissants, it's not like it's the best food in the park, it just is something I have to have every time. Period. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and a Ghirardelli sundae. And of course, I always have to take a picture of the entrance sign, and the metal Mickey statue at the Transportation Center.

*sigh* I miss my Disney!

Jeff,

Did I tell you, or had they put them up when you were here last - they now have the areas in front of the main gates blocked so you can't pull off and take pics anymore. I'm having deja vu, so I think I told you that, and you said that y'all took the pic while driving.

Well I didn't hear that..that is so sad!! I mean I never pulled off to take a picture but maybe I wanted to and now I can't.

I know - it is a little sad. And ugly. But I think it's probably a safety issue, with people stopping suddenly and parking.

SpaceAce wrote:
We usually head to 'Ohana at least once during the trip, and we HAVE to ride Haunted Mansion no matter what!

Also, we go to the Magic Kingdom first. I think we've only ever NOT done that once, and it felt all wrong!

I think I agree with that. I mean, I still know people who call Magic Kingdom "Disney World" - like it's the be all end all Smile

__________________

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1810

Usually our first and last days are spent in the Magic Kingdom. First real meal is usually California Grille.

__________________

kayb's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/26/2011
Posts: 174

If we are at Magic Kingdom I must eat at Casey's Corner, it just doesn't feel right without it. And no matter what park I am at I must enjoy a Mickey Ice Cream Bar at some point in the day. mickey

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

I guess for WDW, mine would be.. first meal on arrival day is Raglan Road.. then first full day at the park is Magic Kingdom. It's not my favorite park but, yeah.. you just HAVE to start there!

at DL, I ALWAYS go to Company D first (the Cast Member only store). they sell things there that the still sell in the parks (and also discontinued merchandise) at huge discounts. So it makes sense to go first.

After that it's time for DL where we have to stop at the Penny Arcade and give a quarter (not a penny lol) to have our fortunes given by Esmerelda. Then we kinda just wander around til lunch. Sometimes we even ride on rides! Lunch is usually somewhere in Downtown Disney or at the Grand Californian. Then we hit DCA for Tower of Terror and maybe California Screamin' (we rarely do Soarin' Over California anymore because the line is always soooo long). Then back to DL for the rest of the time!

And yes, we HAVE to go at Christmastime as well.. or it just isnt Christmas. ANd even though it's been the same for like.. 8 years now, we ALWAYS watch the Parade. With our Hot Chocolate and Hot Apple Cider just like Wyked said.

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

My weird tradition starts before we even go to Disney....since our trips when I was little I have had this weird ritual where I listen to Steady As the Beating Drum from Pocahontas first thing when we leave for vacation. I used to say it was a ritual blessing our passage to the world....hmm I was odd. Anyway, I still do it! lol

We also must see the Country Bear Jamboree at least 2 times a trip and we must sing a long!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

roundbo's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/31/2011
Posts: 26

Parks
Must do Magic Kingdom first just doesn't seem right not going where it all began. This one is non-negotiable.
Rides
It's a small world (my wife is a filipina and I have found out that there is one doll on the ride that represents the Philippines so a whole new reason to make sure we ride, have to find that doll.),space mountain, and spaceship earth.
Food
Mickey Pancakes and Ice Cream Bar
Souvenir
Some kind of hat

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

roundbo wrote:

Must do Magic Kingdom first just doesn't seem right not going where it all began. This one is non-negotiable.

I have to agree..we've done trips where we do other parks first and go to MK on our 3rd or 4th day and we go around saying "Now it feels like we are at Disney" all day long..so now we do it first no matter what.

__________________

mickey Bella


J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

I agree with everyone about Magic Kingdom. I have to go there on my first full day.

My ritual is that I always buy a photo album and a nice picture frame.
All my trip photos go into the album and I pick my favourite one for the frame.
It's a nice to have as a reminder in between trips! mickey