Disneydoc's Spring Break 2015

Login to post comments
34 posts / 0 new
disneydoc's picture
Disneydoc's Spring Break 2015

Hey all - having a blast as usual! Waiting for Frozen sing a long now! More to come..... clapping

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture

Whoop whoop! Disney Doc back in the most magical place on earth! How is the weather? Hope you're having the most fantastic time! clapping

Woo hoo! Enjoy the fun and magic clapping

yay yay yay
Another Disney trip! Enjoy every minute of it!

disneydoc's picture

The weather has been great - hot enough for summer clothes but cooling off at night. Rain predicted but have not see it happen yet! Crowds picking up for spring break - especially MK.

Waiting for Fantasmic now - just caught Beauty & Beast at 7 PM.

Keep trying to attach a pic but it is upside down...... sarcastic

Spook's picture

I was just wondering today how your trip was going. Glad to hear it's going well so far mickey

alicemouse's picture

yay Have a great time, disneydoc!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

disneydoc's picture

Tuesday AM

Beautiful blue skies at Jambo House this AM!

Headed down in a few minutes to fill up my refillable mug with Joffreys coffee and read a magazine by the pool. I bought a mug for the first time since the 1990s eek and it paid for itself in 24 hrs! I filled it up with ice water and took it to the park - I like carrying it better than a water bottle.

Then I will come back up to make breakfast & head over for a safari!

More later......

MrHub's picture

Have fun Doc!

The Colonel's picture

nice!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

93boomer's picture

Have a great time!!! Yayyy!!

disneydoc's picture

So sitting on the savannah in a safari truck - some animals up ahead are comfy in the road apparently! Poor CM is punting nicely silly

disneydoc's picture

When I checked into Jambo Sat I was in a pool view room. It was beautiful but really loud! They graciously moved me the next day over to Ostrich Trail - much quieter. Disney did a SUPER job moving me and putting my stuff in my new room whe I was playing at Epcot.

I keep meaning to chill at the pool but I just cannot stay out of the parks!

JMed's picture

Sounds like you are having a blast!!! yay

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

disneydoc's picture

Carrot cake cookie - Mulch Sweat & Shears - gets no better. muchlove

disneydoc's picture

In line for Great Movie Ride - nice to see it unobstructed - nice view!

crazycatperson's picture

I agree on GMR. I'd never seen DHS without the hat and thought I would miss it, but when I finally saw the view with it gone I was glad they took it down.

JanJ's picture

Have a great time Doc - sorry we are going to miss you by only a few days.

disneydoc's picture

Ok guys - I am back - it was a blast - and I will post some thoughts soon! Created several posts while there and all of them did not save for some reason. Same with linking pics.

More to come! mickey

RobynPrincess's picture

Ahhh sad you're home but yay to the TR starting

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

93boomer's picture

yay Glad you are back and can't wait for you to fill us in on your trip!!

disneydoc's picture

Well folks, I totally slacked on a TR this time. Lived in the moment, took a couple of pics, and just had a blast.

Here are a few high spots and thoughts:

- The Orchestra - members of ELO played during Flower and Garden, and they were SO good that I caught all 3 of their sets the first weekend I was there. I spend a lot of my trip time these days seeking out all the top shelf performances at Disney, and love the variety of stuff all over.

I was So bummed to have to leave before I could see The Village People!! sad

- the new hub at MK is lovely! There are so many nice grassy areas to sit and watch fireworks or just REST. It feels so much more relaxed there - a draw for me to spend more time in MK if there is a place like that to chill.

- I wish Mulch Sweat & Shears played more sets - especially in the evenings, and perhaps in the hub area instead of that little Citizens of Hollywood "radio show" they had going on which was an infomercial for the park.

- I love the Frozen sing a long show. It is just fun, and all those little voices makes me tear up.

- I LOVED getting to visit the soundstage at HS to see a screening preview of Cinderella. Made me just want to hop the bus to DTD and see the whole movie. Which I did not as I never want to lose park time to do that. mickey

- Flights of Wonder at AK - always so cool. Sometimes the birds cooperate, and it is really fun to see the handlers commentary when they do not. silly

- Voices of Liberty now performs in the larger outdoor theater where the big concerts and Candlelight happens for a couple of sets. I did NOT feel like it worked - they need a smaller venue where they do not have to rely on microphones. Sound is just lost that way - the rotunda is best for them. Also, they are not a visual performance, but an auditory one - and that large stage was a lot for your eyes to watch with little action. Did not do them justice.

- had the carrot cake cookie from Writers Stop twice on the trip and it was part of dinner both times. Just hard to beat. Carrot cake anything is my favorite. Ate meals in my room this time - stayed at AK.

- GREAT cast members at AK helped me with that room switch. First night was overlooking pool and it was just too much noise for me. Moved me over to the Ostrich Trail, value DVC studio (those are HARD to book - gotta do it at 11 months) and it had a partial savannah view and blissful quiet. eek Bell services put my stuff in my new room the next day while I played at the parks.

- did not visit DTD this time, nor the outlet like I usually do. Was actually not in the market to shop this time. Shocking I know. I did eye the Dooneys a bit, and the Vera midnight prints, but did not get anything. I also actually have enough Disney wardrobe for a while too - can wear a different shirt every day for about 10 days now!

- the topiaries are so awesome. AND I LOVE riding the monorail INTO Epcot from TTC JUST to get that overhead view of the flowers near the monorail track inside Epcot. Sigh.

- I love the Flower and Garden center during the festival - they have shows where you can sit and listen to a lot of good info about horticulture, but this years session took us through a full hour with pictures of Disney's parks being developed and landscaped. I felt like I was on a high dollar tour for FREE, and got to take home another nice potted plant in a nice ceramic pot. My one from last year - the break your wrist trip - is still thriving at home. It is an African violet. This years is a green leafy something - I am such a plant expert. laugh

- had a hilarious guide for the Jungle Cruise. I was the only one on the entire boat that laughed at her stuff. But I always go just for that silly deadpan humor and expect it to be funny.

That is all I can remember at the moment. I did try to real time post several times and each time the pic was upside down or the post did not save, or something. Oh well. Next time!

Next trip is September for my FIRST BLT STAY and MNSSHP!!!!! So pumped to be able to walk in and out of MK at will.

Had to cancel my summer trip to OKW because I am going to be working at a college with some gifted kids instead, but it sounds so fun, no?

Spook's picture

Sounds like an awesome trip! I want to go during the flower and garden festival some year. Epcot looks so colourful! I have not yet seen voices of Liberty. Or any acts in WS for that matter except for British Revolution. I plan on changing that next trip awesome

Also, since your summer trip is cancelled, I think you should add a couple dates to your September trip! We're there until the 21 Wink

JanJ's picture

Thanks for sharing! I too love Mulch, Sweat and Shears as long as they have the original lead man that I first saw. wink

Also love Birds of Wonder - we've seen it a couple of times and enjoyed it immensely.

Epcot is definitely beautiful during the spring - I loved all the colours and the topiaries are amazing. Jon Secada was performing when we were there, but we didn't stay and listen. I too would have loved to see the Village People.

I agree with Spook - we'll be there Sept 12-20th, so I think you need to stretch out your fall trip too. awesome

disneydoc's picture

Ah if I only could. But as a teacher I am pushing it to be taking a Friday and a Monday shameful

JMed's picture

Sounds like a lot of people will be there in Sept! I haven't seen may shows in Epcot. I always feel like we are rushing to get other things done. Hopefully now with DVC and KNOWING we will be going back more we will slow down a bit!

I liked F&G, don't know if I would go back specifically for it... F&W is much better!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

disneydoc's picture

Yes, it is really awesome to get to go often - I sort of focus on different things each trip.

oHIo's picture

We always try to find at least one new thing to do or new restaurant to try. In two weeks we will experience the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. Will probably be the only ones without kids, but remind myself that we are doing research for the next time we take the grandkids! laugh

disneydoc's picture

That is awesome that you are doing Pirates! I would so do that. I really need to do Hoop Dee Do - I love shows! muchlove

oHIo's picture

Took my Grandson to Hoop Dee Do in Dec 2013 when he was 18 months old. He loved it, especially using the spoons on the washboards!

Spook wrote:
Also, since your summer trip is cancelled, I think you should add a couple dates to your September trip! We're there until the 21 Wink

Spook the Enabler! Doing what we do best....YES! Add a few days with September! You deserve it Smile