Dream Concerts? Who do you want to see the most?

Login to post comments
21 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246
Dream Concerts? Who do you want to see the most?

We've been talking about concerts we've been to recently. I have a couple of artists that I'd LOVE to see live, but so far, I haven't. Sting and U2 top the list. Who are your tops for concerts you'd love to see?

Have you ever seen a very fave act at Disney - either Night of Joy, Summer Series, Flower Power, or Eat to the Beat? I was ecstatic to see John Waite perform "Missing You"! Either last year or the year before - can't remember which.

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Now... ive seen Billy Joel in concert a bunch of times, but seeing him perform is always a dream concert for me. So id love to see him again. As for someone I havent seen...? Love to see Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters... Bon Jovi without the screaming 50 sum scantily clad who should probably be wearing a bag over their heads women... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

U2 are performing at the Glastonbury Festival in the UK this weekend. It's renowned for mud, mud, mud and more mud though which really doesn't appeal to me.

I saw Aerosmith years ago and would love to see them again. Mrs T wants to see Def Leppard and gets annoyed when I remind her that I saw them before we met biggrin

Mase, Bon Jovi are great live, we've seen them more times than I can remember.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Tony, Ive seen them twice. The first time was like 6-7 years ago, and the other was a couple months back. LOVED IT! But the women I could live without... lol

As for the picture and the mud... do they even go for the music? lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 04/21/2011
Posts: 71

Think we have seen everyone we like!

Agree Billy Joel was amazing. Saw Richard Marx in 2009 at EPCOT at Eat to the Beat, in fact we are going again in Nov!

CarJust's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/01/2010
Posts: 173

U2 are playing here in aug I think....doesnt interest me much...
Saw Def Leppard when I was just a kid. They head lined for meatloaf and ugly kid joe and Sven Gali. 55 thousand ppl. That was a crazy night!

We dont really get many good concerts here. Alot of ppl usually go to Montreal or Toronto to get any good acts.

I would LOVE to see Jamiroquai come anywhere close to my city.

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

I would love to do the night of joy if we could ever get down there that time of year

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6595

I would love to see Billy Joel and The Eagles.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

shonkiesgirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/06/2011
Posts: 215

I've seen all of my top favorites: Jessica Simpson, Kylie Minogue and Shania Twain.

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Oh gosh..Madonna..but only if she was doing like an 80's POP revival..I am not so much into her new stuff. I'd love to see pretty much ANY 80's band as long as it was the real band and didn't replace the lead singer with some random dude. I'd also love to see Katie Perry..call me a cheese ball but I love her.

__________________

mickey Bella


Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

Can I add Kings of Leon to the list i'd like to see.

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

shonkiesgirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/06/2011
Posts: 215

Bella wrote:
Oh gosh..Madonna..but only if she was doing like an 80's POP revival..I am not so much into her new stuff. I'd love to see pretty much ANY 80's band as long as it was the real band and didn't replace the lead singer with some random dude. I'd also love to see Katie Perry..call me a cheese ball but I love her.

I saw Madonna in 2004. Amazing!

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Doubt they would ever be invited to Disney, but I would love to see a Metallica concert live. We came close a few years ago when they were in Minneapolis but ended up not being in town when they were there.

Alice in Chains would be pretty cool too. As would Pink Floyd!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

JeffC wrote:
Doubt they would ever be invited to Disney, but I would love to see a Metallica concert live. We came close a few years ago when they were in Minneapolis but ended up not being in town when they were there.

Alice in Chains would be pretty cool too. As would Pink Floyd!

Jeff.... you just surprised me there. Wouldnt had pegged ya as a Metallica fan. lol... dont know why... just didnt know.... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Offline
Joined: 02/10/2011
Posts: 597

I think Disney has to be careful not to bring in groups that are too big. A few yrs ago the beach boys were there and the crowds were unbelievably huge, even by Disney standards! We are enjoying the tribute band series this summer. My husband and I are not disco fans (he HATES it) but we still enjoyed Stayin Alive (Bee Gees tribute band). Really looking forward to next week with my fave, Bon Jovi's Slippery when Wet, they are awesome, we see them every year. The lead singer looks and acts just like Jon Bon Jovi! If you happen to be here now, check them out.

__________________

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Mase wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Doubt they would ever be invited to Disney, but I would love to see a Metallica concert live. We came close a few years ago when they were in Minneapolis but ended up not being in town when they were there.

Alice in Chains would be pretty cool too. As would Pink Floyd!

Jeff.... you just surprised me there. Wouldnt had pegged ya as a Metallica fan. lol... dont know why... just didnt know.... lol

Haha - I get that alot. laugh

CarJust's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/01/2010
Posts: 173

I got the chance to see them on the justice tour and the black tour ( when they DIDNT suck wink I cant even listen to them now ) Alice in chains would be awesome, the new singer is pretty good.
As for Pink Floyd, a friend of mine saw them in Montreal with Rogers Waters.....So friggin jealous.
I did get to the the Australian Pink Floyd....http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

__________________

Offline
Joined: 04/21/2011
Posts: 71

shonkiesgirl wrote:
Bella wrote:
Oh gosh..Madonna..but only if she was doing like an 80's POP revival..I am not so much into her new stuff. I'd love to see pretty much ANY 80's band as long as it was the real band and didn't replace the lead singer with some random dude. I'd also love to see Katie Perry..call me a cheese ball but I love her.

I saw Madonna in 2004. Amazing!

Was that the Re-Innvention Tour? I saw her twice on that one, Manchester and London.
I must get a little gallery together of concert pictures.

Katie Perry hosted the MTV Awards here in Liverpool back in 2008 along with Take That, Killers, Kayne West, Beyonce, Kid Rock, 30 Seconds to Mars (along with lots of others I have never heard of!) and Sir Paul Macca, good night it was too!

Offline
Joined: 04/21/2011
Posts: 71

Some concert pictures, call it version 1, will add more as I can. Might seem an odd mix, some are ours, some are mine, some are Mrs J's favs.

http://gallery.me.com/markjjohnson/100777

Skunk's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/13/2011
Posts: 442

Julie wrote:
I think Disney has to be careful not to bring in groups that are too big. A few yrs ago the beach boys were there and the crowds were unbelievably huge, even by Disney standards! We are enjoying the tribute band series this summer. My husband and I are not disco fans (he HATES it) but we still enjoyed Stayin Alive (Bee Gees tribute band). Really looking forward to next week with my fave, Bon Jovi's Slippery when Wet, they are awesome, we see them every year. The lead singer looks and acts just like Jon Bon Jovi! If you happen to be here now, check them out.

Agreed. Largest Eat to The Beat crowds I have ever seen, were for the Beach Boys in 2006, and it was Sunday/Monday. Really enjoyed Three Dog Night, later that week. Never repeated a song in the 3 sets, and each one was a hit(yeah, I know I am old laugh ).

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

OOoo, Three Dog Night would be awesome! Talk about old, I had them on 8-track eek