eating at Disney Springs!

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404
eating at Disney Springs!

Hi!

so in our upcoming trip to the world 14 days from today (I will be on the plane right at this moment in 2 weeks time yay ) we have a night at Disney Springs we did have a reservation for the boathouse but then I had to swap some plans round and my DS night got changed and wasn't available for the night we were now going sad we are still considering going to the bar and just ordering (those filet sliders and truffle fries are calling my name!) but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for there "go-to" places at DS? we usually head to Wolfgang puck but we are paying OOP so we are saving that for September!

thanks for any tips!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3765

Bongos has awesome appetizers!! Cooke's of Dublin yummo!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Offline
Joined: 06/02/2015
Posts: 462

I heard Raglan Road is really good. I haven't been yet, but its apparently the #1 voted Gluten Free restaurant in Orlando. Its a big deal for me because of my allergies. But the food looks really yummy and huge portions and they have bands and dancers as well.

__________________

Miss Mikki's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/20/2012
Posts: 766

Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace has great food - I love the chicken Alfredo.
We like the theming in House of Blues - we also had great burgers there once.
Rainforest cafe is so cute - I am always pleasantly surprised by the food - I normally get a salad.
We quite enjoyed Paradiso 37, we had a nice night there. I think we had Quesedillas.
Earl of Sandwich if we want something very quick.
Raglan road isn't too exciting for us as we live in Liverpool so we have lots of Irish pubs and culture. We pop in to the bar to get my husband a pint of Guiness though!
I haven't tried the Boathouse yet, but I would definately try for a walk-in or bar table if I was in your situation.

__________________

no ticker Sad

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

We ate at Morimotos last trip and it was excellent. Also great is Splitsville. We really enjoyed our meals at both places.

LouisianaMike's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/22/2014
Posts: 460

Raglan Road is a MUST for us on each visit... My wife is of Irish Heritage, so an obvious choice for her... The portions are always plenty and the variety is great.. The fried scallops on a stick (not real name) are to die for!!!! awesome I have yet to have a less than stellar meal there and I can say we've been there at least 10 times... Being a Brit (You are, aren't you?? confused ) it may be same ole sh*t as back home.. rolling Give it a go... I don't think you'll be disappointed!! awesome

Skunk's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/13/2011
Posts: 442

Boathouse filet mignon sliders at the outdoor bar- really good!!

Morimoto rib appetizer and sushi - awesome ribs!

Paradiso chips and dipping sauces, quesadilla

Paradiso Jalapeno burger

Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Crossroads at House of Blues is good as well.

amy1989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2013
Posts: 1404

JMed wrote:
Bongos has awesome appetizers!! Cooke's of Dublin yummo!

oooooooooo never thought of bongos might try it! we went to Cooke's in September but we have a lot of fish and chips in the UK and because we are only there a week we will probably have fish and chips before and after the trip haha!

FutureMrsHurst wrote:
I heard Raglan Road is really good. I haven't been yet, but its apparently the #1 voted Gluten Free restaurant in Orlando. Its a big deal for me because of my allergies. But the food looks really yummy and huge portions and they have bands and dancers as well.

we went to Raglan Road in September we do love it but because we did it so recently we are thinking of somewhere else to try and broaden our horizons! I highly recommend it though because the food and the place is great!

Miss Mikki wrote:
Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace has great food - I love the chicken Alfredo.
We like the theming in House of Blues - we also had great burgers there once.
Rainforest cafe is so cute - I am always pleasantly surprised by the food - I normally get a salad.
We quite enjoyed Paradiso 37, we had a nice night there. I think we had Quesedillas.
Earl of Sandwich if we want something very quick.
Raglan road isn't too exciting for us as we live in Liverpool so we have lots of Irish pubs and culture. We pop in to the bar to get my husband a pint of Guiness though!
I haven't tried the Boathouse yet, but I would definately try for a walk-in or bar table if I was in your situation.

we usually do wolfgang puck express but with no dining plan its quite an expensive meal so i think we are going to hold off and wait til we go in september this year!
I am curious about Rainforest may have to give it a go for a bite
I think ill have a look at paradiso 37 i can be a fussy eater so ill have a look at the menu see if I will eat everything
we have never been to earl of sandwich eek I know! we are going for breakfast on our last day
we do like Raglan Road but we want to try new places!
Those Filet Sliders and truffle fries just look amazing!!! this list is getting bigger and bigger

KenJ wrote:
We ate at Morimotos last trip and it was excellent. Also great is Splitsville. We really enjoyed our meals at both places.

Morimoto does look awesome! never thought of splitsville might have to think about it!

LouisianaMike wrote:
Raglan Road is a MUST for us on each visit... My wife is of Irish Heritage, so an obvious choice for her... The portions are always plenty and the variety is great.. The fried scallops on a stick (not real name) are to die for!!!! awesome I have yet to have a less than stellar meal there and I can say we've been there at least 10 times... Being a Brit (You are, aren't you?? confused ) it may be same ole sh*t as back home.. rolling Give it a go... I don't think you'll be disappointed!! awesome

rolling this made my day! we have never had a disappointing meal there and the lamb was just superb but im supposed to be cost cutting I'm not sure how my budget will like me wanting the lamb! and if i have it my mam has to have it too incase she is missing out haha I am from the UK well remembered! but we certainly dont have naythng like Raglan Road where we live!!!

Skunk wrote:
Boathouse filet mignon sliders at the outdoor bar- really good!!

Morimoto rib appetizer and sushi - awesome ribs!

Paradiso chips and dipping sauces, quesadilla

Paradiso Jalapeno burger

Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Crossroads at House of Blues is good as well.

oh man Skunk you have just killed me with those pictures!!! I can feel my waistband expanding!!!!!

I think the solution is to have the equivalent of the Food and Wine festival at DS a bit like a pub crawl for food!

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3765

ohhhhhhhhh I forgot about House of Blues, I LOVE LOVE LOVE their fried chicken (it's like a whole chicken) and the jalapeno cornbread with maple butter. lord I am starving

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jhugo's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2014
Posts: 717

House of Blues! Amazing food. We eat there every year and always have outstanding food. My husband loves the steak and the burgers from there. Never had a problem just walking in and getting sat.