Food & Wind Festival 2012

Login to post comments
22 posts / 0 new
Food & Wind Festival 2012

Hi,
I will be going to the Food/Wine Festival this year. Last year was my first year, but it was a very short couple of hours on one day.
Does anyone have suggestions for food booths that MUST be included in my "eat at these places" list? I'll be there for quite a few dinners, so multiiple suggestions are welcome.
What's YOUR favorite booth?
Thanks.
Patti

JoAnn C's picture

Here are some of my favorites from past years:

Argentina - Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree

Germany - Schinken Nudel (Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese). This is a new item but I had something very similar in 2010 and it was really good.

Morocco - Kefta Pocket (Ground Seasoned Beef in a Pita Pocket)

Poland - Kielbasa & Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream

JoAnn C's picture

At the Desserts and Champaign booth, they have different offerings than the last two years. They have offered a dessert trio. If you are using snack credits, the trio is a better value for the credit than individually.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:

My husband and I went back three times for these. They are awesome and the line is often short. Smile

So many flavors and wonderful things to choose from, have you checked out the list over at DFB?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-and-menus/

Allie's picture

I need to avoid this thread....I already have way to much on my list to try! laugh

DisneyDee27's picture

The mussels -Belgium
The torched cherry or dragonberry coladas - puerto Rico
Anything in the German, Irish, American, Australian, Singapore booths the bratwurst on pretzel bread in Germany make me so happy Smile
Any of the Asian booths...
Honestly just eat everywhere you can it's all good awesome

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kristen K. wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

My husband and I went back three times for these. They are awesome and the line is often short. Smile

So many flavors and wonderful things to choose from, have you checked out the list over at DFB?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-and-menus/

Kristen,

I have been checking DFB every day for this year's prices--so far no luck--but the editor of the blog assures me that as soon as they get them, they WILL be posted. I only saw a few booths last year, but it seemed to me that every food item could be used as a snack on the dining plan. Does anyone else remember that also?

Patti mickey

PS. To all of you who had suggestions for me--THANKS!!

Patti mickey

DisneyDee27's picture

I believe the food items we're all available for use with a snack option. Remember to buy the lower priced iTMS and save your snack for the bIg ticket items like the lobster roll mmmmm tasty biggrin

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kris1971's picture

I'm with DisneyDee...the lobster roll is awesome! I also like the lettuce wrap at the South Korea booth, the Kailua Pork Slider at the Hawaii booth and the shrimp taco at the Mexico booth!

Kristen K.'s picture

Yes that is correct!

As far as I know all of the food items can be bought with snack credits, and were generally in the $3-$7 range. The more expensive ingredients (steak, lobster and such being the higher priced items). It's possible that she won't know the prices until the festival gets going and she can take pictures of all the menu boards. She's usually there opening weekend every year, I'm sure that this one will be no different.

Beer, wine and cocktails can not be purchased with snack credits.

JoAnn C's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
It's possible that she won't know the prices until the festival gets going and she can take pictures of all the menu boards. She's usually there opening weekend every year, I'm sure that this one will be no different.

That's what I remember from last year. AJ took pictures of the menus as they were put up.

nikkirugby13's picture

I highly recommend the Seafood Pot Pie Dish from.... I think Ireland?? It was delcious!

Also France had yummy escargot in little bread bowls ....yyuuummmmm...

Snack credits on the DDP are the way to go!

I'm drooling over here..... 43 days too long till I get to eat my way around the world!! clapping clapping clapping yay yay yay

JoAnn C's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
It's possible that she won't know the prices until the festival gets going and she can take pictures of all the menu boards. She's usually there opening weekend every year, I'm sure that this one will be no different.

That's what I remember from last year. AJ took pictures of the menus as they were put up.

some prices have been added.

Skunk's picture

Top Ten "must tastes" - Disney Parks Blog

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/top-10-new-tastes-for-this-years-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0377

crazycatperson's picture

The Disney Food Blog now has all the F&W Fest prices along with photos of everything. Oh, my! We've got five meals planned around the festival booths, and even with that I don't think we'll have the time or appetite to try everything that looks good to me.

crazycatperson wrote:
The Disney Food Blog now has all the F&W Fest prices along with photos of everything. Oh, my! We've got five meals planned around the festival booths, and even with that I don't think we'll have the time or appetite to try everything that looks good to me.

Yes, I spent an hour this afternoon, checking out the new photos and fantasizing about our trip.

Kristen K.'s picture

Ugh... I'm so depressed this weekend that I'm not there!! I've been avoiding my facebook and twitter like the plague because most of the people that I follow closely are at Food & Wine this weekend running races and having a wonderful time. I know I get to go in a couple of weeks, but I want to be there NOW! Sad(

Everything I have seen looks wonderful and delicious and I can't wait to get there!

Jessi5989's picture

I went last night and walked around. It was crazyyyy packed but everything looked & tasted delicious!

crazycatperson's picture

Friday evening, to celebrate the opening of the Food and Wine Festival, we had a mini-F&W Fest at home. Empanadas and spanakopita, both purchased from the frozen food section of the local warehouse store, plus chicken chipotle sausage with sweet corn polenta that I made myself.

And I am reminding myself that three weeks from right now we will be grazing our way around the World Showcase.

clapping yay clapping yay clapping

Kristen K.'s picture

That's so cool! What a great idea!

Allie's picture

crazycatperson wrote:

Ditto this 100%! We have 5 meals planned and I'm just hoping that our stomachs will be ready because I have a very full list!