DCL produces some truly fabulous entertainment on board it's ships, with theater productions that would be right at home on the Broadway stage. Honestly I need to book a different ship next time I sail so that I can see some different shows! I'm just not sure how they do it but Disney always seems to keep the children entertained and the adults rolling in the aisles at the same time. Even my super picky husband had a fantastic time.
Do you take the time to see the shows when you're cruising? Do you have a favorite Disney Cruise Stage Show?
"Disney Wishes" is Disney Cruise Line's newest original stage show, presented exclusively aboard the Disney Fantasy. It really sounds like a fun show and I wish that I could just book right now. I thought that I'd post some fun facts about it!
- "Disney Wishes" features the original opening song, "The Ride of our Lives." Music by Marco Angel, Lyrics by Mike Himelstein and Dena Diamond.
- More than 18 different puppets are used in the show, including state-of-the-art mechanical and electro-mechanical full-body puppets.
- "Disney Wishes" features approximately 290 costume pieces, 70 wigs, 75 hats and headpieces, and 115 pairs of shoes.
- The show includes 12 Disney characters (Pumbaa, Timon, King Louie, Sebastian, Flounder, Lilo, Stitch, Mulan, Hercules, Pinocchio, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider) and 25 performers.
- Two separate confetti drops blanket the audience during the show " colorful flower confetti during "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" and shimmering confetti embossed with an image of the Blue Fairy at the conclusion of "When You Wish Upon a Star."
- Each performance of "Disney Wishes" concludes with an indoor fireworks finale