Getting Excited to Try the Dream... - NEW INFO ON REMY!

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246
Getting Excited to Try the Dream... - NEW INFO ON REMY!

All the press on the Dream is totally working on me - I'm really wanting to book a trip on the Dream. I know there's been some discussion here about whether true Disney fans would want to leave the parks to go cruise...I confess, I'm as much a beach person as a Disney person. I'd like to book a cruise next year sometime on the Dream. Anyone else considering it?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I saw the Dream on GMA last week - wow!

We've never been on a cruise, but I think the only cruise we would consider is a Disney cruise. I think we might look into this one.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

I've not been so hot on cruising, actually! I've never been on one, but I keep hearing about how small the staterooms are, how many ships aren't well-kept-up, and how entertainment is great if you like casinos and shows, but if you don't -- forget it.

Of course, if I were to cruise, I'd pick a Disney ship. There are enough options for grown-ups alone that it might be really cool to try it out. Plus, I know I'll like the entertainment! I think the dream's inside staterooms with the little porthole animation seem really neat, too!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

We've been on two Holland America cruises and loved them both. But then, we were just thrilled to be there - we didn't need a lot of extra excursions, pricey drinks, or even a ton of shopping - so cruising was a real bargain for us. Holland's weak spot is its kid programs - clearly NOT an issue on a Disney cruise. The Caribbean is so beautiful, though. And I would definitely be interested in doing an Alaskan cruise.

Disney is so top o' the line when it comes to customer service, and they love to be on the cutting edge...so I really think this is the best idea out there. And if "kid-friendly" isn't necessarily a concern for you...didn't I hear that they were doing "adults" only cruises? Has anyone else heard that?

__________________

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Adults only cruises? Really? I haven't heard anything about it! Would love to hear more.

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

bali wrote:
Adults only cruises? Really? I haven't heard anything about it! Would love to hear more.


I'll see what if I can find what I was thinking I saw!

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Lizzy_B wrote:
bali wrote:
Adults only cruises? Really? I haven't heard anything about it! Would love to hear more.


I'll see what if I can find what I was thinking I saw!

Adults only Disney cruises would be awesome!!

When we looked into booking a cruise one of the biggest pluses of the Disney Cruise was the adults only section at Castaway Cay.

__________________

mickey Bella


dragynally's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/12/2010
Posts: 129

yay yay yay Hi I'll be on the Dream the February for the WDWRadio cruise! So excited.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610

dragynally wrote:
yay yay yay Hi I'll be on the Dream the February for the WDWRadio cruise! So excited.

That's so much fun! What kinds of activities does Lou have planned?

dragynally's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/12/2010
Posts: 129

He won't tell us. It's all very hush hush. waiting wink

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

dragynally wrote:
He won't tell us. It's all very hush hush. waiting wink

He must be a good salesman! Sold you on a cruise where he won't tell you what's going on! laugh

dragynally's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/12/2010
Posts: 129

cdub wrote:
dragynally wrote:
He won't tell us. It's all very hush hush. waiting wink

He must be a good salesman! Sold you on a cruise where he won't tell you what's going on! laugh

He could sell dirt to a man in the desert... biggrin

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Omistars - can't WAIT to hear about it! This reminds me...have to go hunt up where I saw the adults stuff. BRB Smile

__________________

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

So excited for you Dana!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

How exciting!! I've been reading a lot of press about the virgin launch of the Dream that just happened recently. It seems so wonderful..I can't wait to hear about it.
I don't know..I'm all about trying new things but after that boat breaking down in Mexico a few days ago I don't think I'd want to be the first batch out on a new boat.

__________________

mickey Bella


Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

The Dream has arrived. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-dream-arrives-port-canavera20110104,0,3482631.story

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Mousefan0909's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2010
Posts: 22

We leave on feb 27 for our back to back dream cruise and I can't wait.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Lots of fanfare locally here about her arrival! I'd love to have driven out to see her this morning. Alas, sleepiness won out!

I wish they offered tours of the ship. Wouldn't that be cool?

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Yesterday, there was a really good piece in the Disney Parks Blog which featured MUCH more info on Remy, and I've gotta say - it's a little pricey imo. As we've mentioned in a more recent cruise thread, DCL cruises are already much more expensive than the industry standard. But a $75 upcharge, plus an additional $99 with wine? I think it's a little ridiculous, personally.

Sigh....was hoping to do this one day. But I don't think DH would EVER go for $150 more for a meal on a cruise (and Lizzy MUST have her wine with special dinners...)

Thoughts? As others have said, usually the upcharge for meals in a ship's premium restaurant are much, MUCH lower.

__________________

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

The definitely seem to be positioning Remy as "V&A at Sea"

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Did you see that AJ over at the Disney Food Blog is going on the Dream in a few days?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/01/11/announcing-the-disney-dream-dine-around/

I can't wait for her report, and maybe she can answer many of our questions!

Boy, if they had a tour, that would be SOOO cool. Lizzy, you would have to make a video for us and post it clapping

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

That is WAY too expensive in addition to the cruise price. On most cruises, the five star dinging is only an extra $20 per person. That really bugs me that Disney charges that much.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

caitiesus wrote:
That is WAY too expensive in addition to the cruise price. On most cruises, the five star dinging is only an extra $20 per person. That really bugs me that Disney charges that much.

Imagine how much it would cost if food wasn't "included."

Mousefan0909's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2010
Posts: 22

Lizzy_B wrote:
Yesterday, there was a really good piece in the Disney Parks Blog which featured MUCH more info on Remy, and I've gotta say - it's a little pricey imo. As we've mentioned in a more recent cruise thread, DCL cruises are already much more expensive than the industry standard. But a $75 upcharge, plus an additional $99 with wine? I think it's a little ridiculous, personally.

Sigh....was hoping to do this one day. But I don't think DH would EVER go for $150 more for a meal on a cruise (and Lizzy MUST have her wine with special dinners...)

Thoughts? As others have said, usually the upcharge for meals in a ship's premium restaurant are much, MUCH lower.

I agree 100% was so looking forward to Remi but can't justify the cost. I think Disney is way out of line on this one.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Did you see that AJ over at the Disney Food Blog is going on the Dream in a few days?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/01/11/announcing-the-disney-dream-dine-around/

I can't wait for her report, and maybe she can answer many of our questions!

Boy, if they had a tour, that would be SOOO cool. Lizzy, you would have to make a video for us and post it clapping

I know, right? We're getting lots of media, but sadly, no tours announced. Heck, I'd volunteer to swab a deck if they'd just let me look around!

I know - I'm REALLY looking forward to AJ's reports! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by Remy's pricing.

__________________