Guess who is a Californian now!

Login to post comments
31 posts / 0 new
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703
Guess who is a Californian now!

We made it!! Joe and I got to the East Bay area around 2:00 PT today. We are so excited and thrilled to be here clapping

We left on Tuesday and drove a little over 2,700 miles, from North Carolina through Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and finally into California!

We got into our apartment today, but our stuff won't arrive until later next week. So we will be sleeping on an air mattress until then.

We had our first package at our new address too - joe renewed my D23 subscription and had it sent here yay

Now I can start planning the big 2013 birthday bash at DisneyLand clapping

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

So glad ya made it man!!!!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Ollie's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/28/2011
Posts: 1039

Glad you're safe and sound!

Break out the Chardonnay and tofu!!!

yeah

__________________

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4657

congrats on the completion of youre trip. Here's hoping it was uneventful and you have a few days to get acclimated before you have to get back to the daily grind.

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23463

Yay!! yay Glad to hear you all have arrived safely to your new state!
And with Mickey Mail already too! How fantastic!

I loved living in Northern California, there's so much to do and it's so pretty.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6712

clapping Glad to hear you made it safely. Enjoy your new adventures

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

The Cookie Crumbler's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/10/2012
Posts: 750

That's exciting! Rest up after the long drive and have some fun! yay

__________________

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Glad you arrived safe and sound! Your new town is gorgeous! Enjoy!

__________________

twilightsparrow's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/16/2012
Posts: 337

Glad you had a safe trip and you can get into birthday planning mode!...best wishes to you and Joe in your new home Smile

__________________

AKV-Kidani 8/2013 ~ PORS 11/2012 ~ CBR 11/2010 ~ CBR 5/2010

OUR DVC HOME: SSR

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Jeff so glad you and Joe had a safe trip out west. What a great guy Joe is by making sure that a piece of Mickey came in the mail to welcome you to your new home. Relax and enjoy!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Holy Smokes! Clearly I have some major catching up to do on here! I'll go back and research before I start asking silly questions that have already been answered, but in the meantime, I'm so glad you've made it safely and congratulations on the big move!

__________________

WyckedPhoenix's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2011
Posts: 459

Yay! Glad to hear you guys made it safe.

__________________

*Jennifer Lynn* NDW #38

Check out my blog at Jennifer's Disney Adventures


Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2773

yay Glad you made it safe! Enjoy your new adventure! Smile

angels444's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2012
Posts: 647

PirateGirl wrote:
Jeff so glad you and Joe had a safe trip out west. What a great guy Joe is by making sure that a piece of Mickey came in the mail to welcome you to your new home. Relax and enjoy!

Mickey Mail at the new house. what a way to break it in. laugh Here is to many many years of Mickey Mail.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

congrats glad you made it safe. enjoy your new journey

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9472

Glad you made it safe and sound Jeff & Joe. All the best wishes from our house to yours and may this adventure in your life be filled with memories beyond your wildest dreams. Oh and by the way, the first time Joe is on the Food Network, I WANT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM!
stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust. !

TroyW's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/21/2012
Posts: 247

Glad things went ok and I'm sure you are wore out from that drive, I was just reading how long it was. Hope you things arrive safe and sound Smile

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

mrhub wrote:
Glad you made it safe and sound Jeff & Joe. All the best wishes from our house to yours and may this adventure in your life be filled with memories beyond your wildest dreams. Oh and by the way, the first time Joe is on the Food Network, I WANT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM!
stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust. !

Thanks, and you got a deal!!

Here's Joe and the pups at the Berkeley Marina today. San Fran is in the background. This is all of 5 minutes from our apartment. This makes us happy Smile

PreviewAttachmentSize
joepups.jpg
joepups.jpg883.95 KB
Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

Glad you got there safely.

Don't forget it is a California law that you have to start and end sentences with either the word "dude" or "man"?

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

Awwwwwwwwww I love the pups! What a great view...glad you, Joe and pups made it safely!! J

Hardy0109's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/19/2012
Posts: 688

congrats

My first Disney Park memory is on my dad's shoulders as we walk through the castle after buying a big circle lollipop. I was about four years old. Its really vague..but at the same time I remember so much about it. I love California and I'm sure you all will too.

__________________

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

JeffC wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Glad you made it safe and sound Jeff & Joe. All the best wishes from our house to yours and may this adventure in your life be filled with memories beyond your wildest dreams. Oh and by the way, the first time Joe is on the Food Network, I WANT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM!
stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust stars pixie dust. !

Thanks, and you got a deal!!

Here's Joe and the pups at the Berkeley Marina today. San Fran is in the background. This is all of 5 minutes from our apartment. This makes us happy Smile

Are you sure you wanna house with an apartment that close to that? Thats an AMAZING view! So happy for you both. You both deserve it! And I second Hub. Need tickets when Joe gets on the food network!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

Congrats on making it there safely. Great view too awesome awesome

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

finngirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/11/2012
Posts: 1072

What a fabulous view - how lucky to wake up to that every day. I hope you settle in right away, and have fun finding your permanent place.

__________________

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

__________________

Offline
Joined: 12/29/2011
Posts: 499

How are you guys doing?

BB

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

BuffaloBill wrote:
How are you guys doing?

BB

We're really loving it, Bill! It's such a big lifestyle change but it;s all for the better. Even the dogs have adjusted really well Smile

I never realized how much fun it is to be able to walk to alot of things. And there is always something going on around here that we want to go see.

Joe says if I decide to move again I'm going alone.... eek

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

JeffC wrote:
BuffaloBill wrote:
How are you guys doing?

BB

We're really loving it, Bill! It's such a big lifestyle change but it;s all for the better. Even the dogs have adjusted really well Smile

I never realized how much fun it is to be able to walk to alot of things. And there is always something going on around here that we want to go see.

Joe says if I decide to move again I'm going alone.... eek

PICK DISNEY! PICK DISNEY!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

So glad you guys are loving it! yay yay

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23463

JeffC wrote:
Joe says if I decide to move again I'm going alone.... eek

laugh So glad that you're loving it! I thought you would, it's a fantastic place to live. There's so much to see and do in NorCal and the weather is always so wonderful. Are you guys near a BART? Can you get into San Fran easily?

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Kristen K. wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Joe says if I decide to move again I'm going alone.... eek

laugh So glad that you're loving it! I thought you would, it's a fantastic place to live. There's so much to see and do in NorCal and the weather is always so wonderful. Are you guys near a BART? Can you get into San Fran easily?

We've got a BART station about 1.5 miles away. We're going to check it out either this weekend or next and go to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market, and maybe Fisherman's Wharf.

The drive from our apartment in Emeryville to downtown San Fran is about 15 minutes - super easy, right over the Bay Bridge!

We thought of Ollie when we went to The Cheesboard - we were like 2 deer in headlights trying to figure out what to get! We could have used a cheese expert! And then gone for cupcakes! biggrin