*gulp* I took the plunge and finally booked!

Login to post comments
23 posts / 0 new
Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127
*gulp* I took the plunge and finally booked!

First time poster...but I've been lurking for a few months while I researched options for our first trip (my bf's first WDW trip!)

It's booked and now I'm panicky! This is my first trip where I'm the adult planning and now I'm feeling the pressure!

I received a pincode in the mail yesterday for free quick-service dining good for our dates in Dec 2012. I called up and next thing I know I'm booking it!

I have been planning for months, speculating lots of "what ifs" with dates and tickets and hotels. Then today, within minutes, a friendly person helped Tinkerbell book me the hotel that I wasn't planning on staying at with free dining, which I had never even thought about.

It's all star music--I wanted pop. Shouldn't be a big deal, right? There's just 2 adults-but free dining shouldn't be passed up, right? We were definitely planning to go on those dates, so the free dining should just be a nice bonus, right? I feel like I'm missing some fine print and because I hadn't planned on any dining plan, and now I have one, I have that "oh what did I just do" feeling...

How did my mother ever plan these family trips to Disney? Just booking has exhausted me and stressed me out wheelchair

__________________

senseicj's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2010
Posts: 807

you made the right choice you can't pass up free dinning. i stayed at the all-star resorts a couple of times and we were happy with it, a lot more kids nrunning around than the other resorts it seems but it is disney so you deal with it.

__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Offline
Joined: 02/12/2012
Posts: 271

I know how your feeling, I felt just like that the first time I flew the booking-nest! I'd been heavily involved in the planning of our family holidays so I knew what I was doing, but it felt like a much bigger responsibility when doing it on my own!

You've made the right choice, sit back and celebrate - you're going to Disney! Free dining saves you so much money so of course you can't pass it up! I haven't stayed at any of the All Star resorts but have heard great things, your on-site so that's an immediate bonus, EMHs etc, it's all win-win!

You're going to have a great time! yay

__________________

[url='http://salocainwonderland.blogspot.com']Saloca in Wonderland[/url] <--- blog!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9425

Congrats Molitiva! yeah on booking your first trip & welcome to what we think is the friendliest forum on the web. Oh, no , you do not want to pass up free dinning!!!!! And there should be no catch if you booked everything through Disney direct. This should be the dinning plan you got, Quick Service Dinning Plan . Your gonna have a ball, any question, don't hesitate to ask. That's what we are all here for. awesome

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Yay so exciting and welcome Smile Can't wait to hear all about your trip

__________________

Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127

Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited now that I've caught my breath. Thank you, mrhub, for the link. I was wondering what DTD choices I had on QS.

Now to go get a countdown ticker wink

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Welcome! Way to go on the free dining. That is always a plus! I think you'll like All Star Music. I've stayed there before and found it very nice. Keep us posted on your trip!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

My cousins stayed at "All Star Music" in January. They said it wasn't bad. The only downer they found about it is unlike POP, you have to share a bus with the other "All Star Resorts" and go to their stops. If you're not planning on hanging out at the resort that much anyway, it shouldn't be a biggie. Just concentrate on having fun at the parks!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22475

Good job Molitiva! Now, I want you to do something *very* important for me.... BREATHE!! It's all going to be okay. mickey

I love the dining plan and actually think it takes a lot of stress off of me at the Parks because it's simple to use and everything is all paid for. No pressure!!

Your adventure is just beginning, but don't lose sight that vacations are supposed to be fun! You won't get to see and do everything, but that's okay because you can always go back again. Relax, and have a great time!

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9425

Yes, exactly what Kristen said, and don't try to over plan, that can ruin a vacation! Pick the parks you want to go to each day, and even make a list of your most "want to do's" but relax, it's a vacation. Believe me, we've been going for years, and know almost ever trick, nook and cranny and we never get everything done in one trip, just gives us reason to want to go back! Just go in the park, and go to the left!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

mrhub wrote:
Yes, exactly what Kristen said, and don't try to over plan, that can ruin a vacation! Pick the parks you want to go to each day, and even make a list of your most "want to do's" but relax, it's a vacation. Believe me, we've been going for years, and know almost ever trick, nook and cranny and we never get everything done in one trip, just gives us reason to want to go back! Just go in the park, and go to the left!

AMEN! clapping

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127

Mase wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Yes, exactly what Kristen said, and don't try to over plan, that can ruin a vacation! Pick the parks you want to go to each day, and even make a list of your most "want to do's" but relax, it's a vacation. Believe me, we've been going for years, and know almost ever trick, nook and cranny and we never get everything done in one trip, just gives us reason to want to go back! Just go in the park, and go to the left!

AMEN! clapping

left...Roger! I'm thinking of starting a pre trip report because I have a lot of questions.

But in the meantime...can you walk through the Castle to get into Fantasyland? I recall doing that in DL but WDW I'm unsure

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22475

Why yes! Yes you can walk through the Castle. In fact I highly suggest it because it's quite beautiful. Smile

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Molitva wrote:
Mase wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Yes, exactly what Kristen said, and don't try to over plan, that can ruin a vacation! Pick the parks you want to go to each day, and even make a list of your most "want to do's" but relax, it's a vacation. Believe me, we've been going for years, and know almost ever trick, nook and cranny and we never get everything done in one trip, just gives us reason to want to go back! Just go in the park, and go to the left!

AMEN! clapping

left...Roger! I'm thinking of starting a pre trip report because I have a lot of questions.

But in the meantime...can you walk through the Castle to get into Fantasyland? I recall doing that in DL but WDW I'm unsure

Kristen K. wrote:
Why yes! Yes you can walk through the Castle. In fact I highly suggest it because it's quite beautiful. Smile

Actually.... it depends....

I you get there in the morning, your good to go, but if its during one of there shows? You have to go on the sides of it because they block off the entrance into the castle. Now... you can go through the back, but as far as I cant remember... if a show is going, you cant get through the entrance of it... I could be wrong though.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Mase wrote:
Molitva wrote:
Mase wrote:
mrhub wrote:
Yes, exactly what Kristen said, and don't try to over plan, that can ruin a vacation! Pick the parks you want to go to each day, and even make a list of your most "want to do's" but relax, it's a vacation. Believe me, we've been going for years, and know almost ever trick, nook and cranny and we never get everything done in one trip, just gives us reason to want to go back! Just go in the park, and go to the left!

AMEN! clapping

left...Roger! I'm thinking of starting a pre trip report because I have a lot of questions.

But in the meantime...can you walk through the Castle to get into Fantasyland? I recall doing that in DL but WDW I'm unsure

Kristen K. wrote:
Why yes! Yes you can walk through the Castle. In fact I highly suggest it because it's quite beautiful. Smile

Actually.... it depends....

I you get there in the morning, your good to go, but if its during one of there shows? You have to go on the sides of it because they block off the entrance into the castle. Now... you can go through the back, but as far as I cant remember... if a show is going, you cant get through the entrance of it... I could be wrong though.

You are correct Mase! We were just there last week and the times guide says you can't get all the way through during the shows due to fireworks, so just read the times guide and see exactly when the shows are and go into the castle well before that because they have to set up the fireworks. Also, I'm pretty sure that they also have to set a few up for Wishes that come directly off the castle, so it would be closed then too.

Manda's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/05/2012
Posts: 71

Congrats on booking your trip! Free dining is awesome! So, you can't pass that up. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Big smile

__________________

drj898's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/01/2012
Posts: 261

lol, It's so funny, i'm like chuckling to myself outloud right now. I'm doing the same exact thing for my girlfriend in July! First time to WDW, and I'm surprising her. And I'm doing all of the planning myself. I'm feeling the same pressure! I had no idea planning a WDW vacation was so in-depth and complicated!

I'm sure both of our planning will give us both absolutely fantastic, romantic, and memorable vacations! Good luck to you and your boyfriend! mickey

Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127

Have a fantastic time! I'm jealous. July is much closer than December laugh

I've decided that I just need to go back more-and planning would be less stressful since I wouldn't feel like I'm planning the trip of the decade.

Please report back once you've returned from the World! I've been scouring trip reports for ideas clapping

__________________

dontthrowsand's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2012
Posts: 359

Try planning for 4 people, 2 of which are disney virgins(one who has never been anywhere, the other a sleep in, walk around and take pictures, don't stick to a plan kind of person), an AP and wants to control the ADRs but cares about little else and me who's idea of planning is booking a hotel and flights on a whim normally. I admit I am excited now but this is a very different experience.

Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 2

Molitva...don't miss the MVMCP! I know it's an extra expense, but seriously one of the BEST memories from my very first Christmas Disney trip last year. I went with my two BFFs for my 40th birthday. You'll hear many different views on this, but the holiday spirit and magical parade was WELL worth the $$ (IMO). It was just happy...I can still hear the music! I'm not sure when you are going, but we went at the end of Nov/beginning of Dec at crowds were pleasantly 'light' in Disney terms. If you go, enjoy the atmosphere. Don't make it a night to stress about rides.

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

What dates will you be going? I've got two quick trips planned for December. You're going to love Disney in December.
Taken a deep breath and relax besides waiting the hard part is done!
Smile
Dee

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Molitva's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/18/2012
Posts: 127

We're staying Dec 13-19. We're going to do CP and MVMCP! Just waiting on the CP narrator schedule to finalize the plan and grab party tickets!

Almost time to make my ADRs! Since we're on the counter service dining plan, we're just going to do 2 sit down dinners. Biergarten (w/ the CP package) and San Angel Inn.

Is it dec yet? laugh

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

Molitva wrote:
We're staying Dec 13-19. We're going to do CP and MVMCP! Just waiting on the CP narrator schedule to finalize the plan and grab party tickets!

Almost time to make my ADRs! Since we're on the counter service dining plan, we're just going to do 2 sit down dinners. Biergarten (w/ the CP package) and San Angel Inn.

Is it dec yet? laugh

Awesome!
I'm at the AoA dec 13-15 then again on the 22nd. We'll be enjoying the magic at the same time. We leave on the Fantasy on the 15th. I'm thinking of doing the MVMCP on the 13 or a group from another board is thinking of going on the 14th.
Hooray!

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.