Have you had a flight canceled?

Login to post comments
9 posts / 0 new
cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220
Have you had a flight canceled?

We're traveling around this Christmas and we're worried about snow canceling our flights. Have you ever had a flight canceled? I've had plenty delayed but I'm not sure I've ever had one canceled.

caitiesus's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2009
Posts: 682

IT wasn't around the holidays, but when I went to NY for the first time my flight was canceled - luckily there were plenty of seats on the next two and we just got there late

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4656

We have had 2 flights cancelled. Both were FROM Orlando to Boston so we did not really mind the delay. Once it was a one day delay, and once it turned out to be a two day delay, both due to blizzards in New England. If it would have been TO orlando we would have been much more upset.

__________________

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Getting delayed and forced to stay in Orlando isn't all bad, eh?

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

cdub wrote:
We're traveling around this Christmas and we're worried about snow canceling our flights. Have you ever had a flight canceled? I've had plenty delayed but I'm not sure I've ever had one canceled.

So cdub did you get snowed in anywhere???

__________________

mickey Bella


admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Vettelover wrote:
We have had 2 flights cancelled. Both were FROM Orlando to Boston so we did not really mind the delay. Once it was a one day delay, and once it turned out to be a two day delay, both due to blizzards in New England. If it would have been TO orlando we would have been much more upset.

Did you end up staying in Disney for the extra days? Have any trouble finding hotel rooms?

We once tried to stay an extra day in Disney in June and there were NO rooms! eek I've always wondered how full they'd be if there were actual weather conditions keeping lots of folks in WDW.

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4656

admin wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
We have had 2 flights cancelled. Both were FROM Orlando to Boston so we did not really mind the delay. Once it was a one day delay, and once it turned out to be a two day delay, both due to blizzards in New England. If it would have been TO orlando we would have been much more upset.

Did you end up staying in Disney for the extra days? Have any trouble finding hotel rooms?

We once tried to stay an extra day in Disney in June and there were NO rooms! eek I've always wondered how full they'd be if there were actual weather conditions keeping lots of folks in WDW.

As a matter of fact we did stay at WDW. "And now the REST of the story" cool On both cancellations we were AT the Orlando airport, with our rental car already turned back in. When we were told of the cancellation, I thought of the Disney store located in the airport and we walked there and asked the management if they could call WDW for us and see if there were ANY rooms available. The first time they said we could even have out same room, as it had not been rented out as yet, and on the second time they said they had a room in the same resort (Pop Century) that we could have. We then went to the Mears Transport location at the airport and picked up a Shuttle back to WDW.
It should also be noted that the Management of the Disney store was more than happy to help us out, just something to keep in mind.

__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Vettelover wrote:
admin wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
We have had 2 flights cancelled. Both were FROM Orlando to Boston so we did not really mind the delay. Once it was a one day delay, and once it turned out to be a two day delay, both due to blizzards in New England. If it would have been TO orlando we would have been much more upset.

Did you end up staying in Disney for the extra days? Have any trouble finding hotel rooms?

We once tried to stay an extra day in Disney in June and there were NO rooms! eek I've always wondered how full they'd be if there were actual weather conditions keeping lots of folks in WDW.

As a matter of fact we did stay at WDW. "And now the REST of the story" cool On both cancellations we were AT the Orlando airport, with our rental car already turned back in. When we were told of the cancellation, I thought of the Disney store located in the airport and we walked there and asked the management if they could call WDW for us and see if there were ANY rooms available. The first time they said we could even have out same room, as it had not been rented out as yet, and on the second time they said they had a room in the same resort (Pop Century) that we could have. We then went to the Mears Transport location at the airport and picked up a Shuttle back to WDW.
It should also be noted that the Management of the Disney store was more than happy to help us out, just something to keep in mind.

That is an awesome story! I'm so glad it worked out for you. See, that's been my experience...that more often than not, Disney folks - any Disney folks - go above and beyond. Thanks for telling about that!

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Disney World is probably one place I would not mind being forced to stay at..that's for sure!

Great story cdub..that's awesome that the Disney Store was so helpful!

__________________

mickey Bella