Hooray! The time and place have been decided!

Login to post comments
33 posts / 0 new
Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350
Hooray! The time and place have been decided!

clapping clapping Had a meeting with my family last night, and we finalized the where and when. We will be taking advantage of my friend's group discount and will be heading to WDW October 16-20th! We took a vote on the hotel, and Port Orleans French Quarter was the winner. My niece and nephew both voted for it because of the pool with the dragon slide. Too cute. My brother and sister in-law liked it because its a moderate resort, and they've never stayed at a moderate before. I'm happy because that's where I spent my honeymoon, and my parents are on board because it is a smaller resort. So everyone is happy!!! Now its time for the fun part....PLANNING!! What are your feelings on the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Is it worth the extra money? clapping clapping

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Online
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4656

Kris1971 wrote:
clapping What are your feelings on the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Is it worth the extra money? quote]

Just 2 words Kris Most Definitely and I am sure many others will agree with me.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 10/07/2011
Posts: 272

Kris! We had a blast at the MNSSHP! Don't make that your trip to the magic kingdom though. There were no lines for the rides when we were there and there were TONS of meet and greets. Those had the longest lines. It gets pretty dark in the park to set the mood. It didn't bother us, but it may bug the little ones. I saw kids with flashlights and light up shoes and glow in the dark necklaces. The parade was fantastic as were the fireworks. We didn't get a bunch of candy because we didn't care to wait in the lines for that. We just wanted to hit the rides and see the parade/fireworks. The longest line was for the haunted mansion, for obvious reasons. We walked right on btmrr, space mountain, pirates, aladdins magic carpet. There did seem to be long lines in fantasy land, but we were there the day before and did all those rides.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Kris1971 wrote:
What are your feelings on the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Is it worth the extra money?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Congrats on the decisions! And POFQ - swoon! that's become our favorite of the moderates.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

JeffC wrote:
Kris1971 wrote:
What are your feelings on the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Is it worth the extra money?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!

Congrats on the decisions! And POFQ - swoon! that's become our favorite of the moderates.

Hey Jeff...you and Joe staying at POFQ when you go in 3 months and 14 days?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Yes we are awesome

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

OK...So I'm a little slow today...I just noticed your countdown banner. Duh! I was up at 5:00 AM. Forgive me. Are you gonna request a certain building?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Haven't decided yet. We've been in Bldgs 6 & 7, both overlooking the river, which I really liked. So I might see about getting one of those again.

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6628

Yay!!!!

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 10/07/2011
Posts: 272

i don't know how the POFQ river views are. but i was not impressed with POR riverview. The view was on the walkway outside of our door. and we couldn't have our blinds open because people were always walking past our room. It was nice because it was quiet. I would like it better if the back of our room faced the river and there was a window on that side. (wishful thinking, I know).

Offline
Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 416

clapping Yeah!! That's always the hardest part picking the resort. Now the fun can begin!!! Planning ADRS!!!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

I stand corrected - I think we were in Bldg 2 in 2010. Here are some pics from right outside our room doorway:

We always try and get the top floor. I have this thing about people above me - don't like it! We didn't request a river view, we just got it with the king bed we asked for.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Gorgeous shots! I love POFQ! I've never been disappointed staying there. I can't wait to see my niece and nephew's faces when they see the dragon slide at the pool. They'll probably want to spend all of their time there.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

JeffC wrote:
Haven't decided yet. We've been in Bldgs 6 & 7, both overlooking the river, which I really liked. So I might see about getting one of those again.

We were in building 7 last May. It was goregous view, plus there was this gigantic Magnolia tree right outside that was just stunning! You will enjoy!

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

My kids LOVE the dragon slide! We came back early from MK just so they could go to the pool and go down the slide more. They thought it was the best pool ever! Granted they've only gone to POR & CBR pools but they really had a blast at POFQ. It has that whole party atmosphere that kids just love.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9432

Kris , as to you question about MNSSHP, I agree with everyone else, YES, YES, YES, YES & YES! You have to do it. The first time scrappy and I did it, we rode Pirates and had the whole ride to ourselves, no one else on it, Same with Haunted Mansion. Tip- don't watch the first Parade, do the rides during that one, then watch the second parade. Get a seat early for the parade too, right on the curb. They will make you get off the road and back on the sidewalk for the Ride Of the Headless Horseman, but then you can sit back down on the curb for the rest of the parade.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Kris - consensus on the plans is awesome! Congratulations on getting everything nailed down. Absolutely yes to MNSSHP. I hope you have a FANTASTIC time. Will you all ride the Auto Train?

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Lizzy_B wrote:
Kris - consensus on the plans is awesome! Congratulations on getting everything nailed down. Absolutely yes to MNSSHP. I hope you have a FANTASTIC time. Will you all ride the Auto Train?

Hey Lizzy...we'll likely fly this time. The only reason I usually do the auto train is that DH doesn't like to fly. I'm not sure if he's going on this trip or not yet. If he does, I'll likely take the train with him while the rest of the family flies.

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Thanks everybody for the feedback on MNSSHP. The overwhelming consensus is that we should give it a go. So we will. Does anybody know how many tickets they sell and whether the crowds are truly light?

__________________

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Ohh POFQ..you will LOVE it. Not that I've stayed there but I have always wanted too! Jeff I love those shots with the fog on the water.

__________________

mickey Bella


Melissa W's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/28/2011
Posts: 560

I'm so excited for you, we love POFQ!!

The dates for MNSSHP should be released sometime around April or May. Since you're going the week before Halloween, it could be busy but try and go to one during the week and not the weekend and it shouldn't be too bad! Honestly, we have always had minimal wait times for the party! Just make sure to line up for the parades early!

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

Kris, every time I see your countdown and realize we have a 2 day difference I wonder if youre frolicking around like I am with excitement! And I love POR...it was just beautiful!

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Ryry991 wrote:
Kris, every time I see your countdown and realize we have a 2 day difference I wonder if youre frolicking around like I am with excitement! And I love POR...it was just beautiful!

I've been driving my family crazy with my excitement. I keep texting my sister in-law the count down, and I'm driving my parents nuts talking about potential ADRs. So yes, Ryry, I know exactly how you feel!

__________________

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

Haha ok good! Glad Im not the only one. Im pretty sure my boyfriends gonna strangle me here pretty soon if I keep bringing it up!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Kris1971 wrote:
Thanks everybody for the feedback on MNSSHP. The overwhelming consensus is that we should give it a go. So we will. Does anybody know how many tickets they sell and whether the crowds are truly light?

I think it can get a little crowded closer to Halloween and on weekends. If it works with your other plans, I would try and go earlier in the week, if possible.

Re the Auto Train, thanks for indulging my questions! I am just obsessed with taking it one of these days! Sanford has just put up all these nice signs that direct your around town, and I swear, the Auto Train is on every one of them. Always makes me think of you and Hubs when I see them.

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Lizzy_B wrote:
Re the Auto Train, thanks for indulging my questions! I am just obsessed with taking it one of these days! Sanford has just put up all these nice signs that direct your around town, and I swear, the Auto Train is on every one of them. Always makes me think of you and Hubs when I see them.

Lizzy, I'm anxious for you to try it. I think you will love it!

__________________

RobynPrincess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2010
Posts: 2859

We're going to be there at that time too! Gotta love October in WDW Smile Happy planning Smile

__________________

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Kris1971 wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Re the Auto Train, thanks for indulging my questions! I am just obsessed with taking it one of these days! Sanford has just put up all these nice signs that direct your around town, and I swear, the Auto Train is on every one of them. Always makes me think of you and Hubs when I see them.

Lizzy, I'm anxious for you to try it. I think you will love it!

I quite agree! You will get a full report when we take the plunge!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 02/22/2012
Posts: 4

MNSSHP is so worth the extra ticket price. We have attended 3 times and found one of the best aspects was finding a bench in front of the entrance turnstiles and people watching. Seeing all the costumes and fellow attendees excitement makes it so much more fun when you finally get inside the park. The parade with the Headless Horseman is by far one of the most incredible sites you will ever see mickey

evilduckqueen's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/19/2012
Posts: 117

JeffC wrote:
I stand corrected - I think we were in Bldg 2 in 2010. Here are some pics from right outside our room doorway:

We always try and get the top floor. I have this thing about people above me - don't like it! We didn't request a river view, we just got it with the king bed we asked for.

Beautifull!! POFQ was my first choice for our honeymoon, but we couldn't afford to stay there for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to do half and half. So Pop Century for us!

__________________

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Sammy Bizzle's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/23/2012
Posts: 241

I don't know about anyone else... But MNSSHP is my favorite Disney Holiday! It is sooooo fun for everyone! You see so many characters that you don't see everyday (lots of great villains) The decor is awesome and it's all about the fun side of Halloween! Your entire family will LOVE it!

__________________

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!