How do I make 180-day ADRs?

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
crazycatperson's picture
How do I make 180-day ADRs?

Our 180 day mark is tomorrow!

Because we usually don't have a resort booked this far in advance (timeshare exchanges into Disney resorts are rarely if ever available so far in advance), I have never done the 180-day reservation dash.

Can it be done over the Internet? If I'm logged into my WDW account, will the system automatically know I get to make reservations for the whole week? I know Robyn had recent problems in this regard.

How early tomorrow morning can I start booking, both via the web and the phone?

Some of our planned ADRs should have lots of availability and could be made much later, but I want to try for BOG and I also want to get a desirable dinner time for 'Ohana instead of something really early or really late.

I'm also toying with the idea of booking Le Cellier. We've never been before because it was so hard to get an ADR, and I'd like to see the place. However, I've read so many disappointing reviews and I don't want to plunk down $$$ on a mediocre meal. What do you recommend? I could book it to keep our options open and then cancel if we decide we'd rather not eat there.

Finally - we have invited friends to accompany us in November, but they haven't decided yet. My plan is to book all reservations for a party of four and then cut back to just two if the friends decide to stay home. I think this is easy enough to do, but if any of you have had problems please let me know.

JanJ's picture

You should be able to book online if your reservation is showing on MDE. The online system is also smart enough to add the 10 days. I booked a couple of restaurants for our September trip, but it was at 178 days I believe, and I was able to complete it through the online system.

Not sure about what time you can start, but I would expect early morning and you shouldn't have any problems dialing back to a reservation for 2 from 4 IMO. I also think you should try Le Cellier at least once. The cheddar cheese soup is AMAZING and I had the filet last September when we were there and I enjoyed it. As you mentioned, you can always book it now and then change it when you get closer to your date.

Good luck tomorrow CCP!

JoAnn C's picture

You can begin making online reservations at 6:00am Eastern. 7:00am if you are calling.

As long as your reservation is linked to your account and you are logged in, you can make your ADRs for up to 10 days.

crazycatperson's picture

Thanks very much. Our AKL reservation is linked to my account, so I guess I'm good to go at 6:00 am tomorrow morning (oy vey).

JoAnn C's picture

I hope you get everything you want.

crazycatperson's picture

So! I logged into the WDW website promptly at 6:00 am and it would only let me make reservations for November 1. Logged out, tried again, same deal. Logged out again, tried again, et voila! The whole week of our stay was suddenly available.

Tried BOG at 6:00 pm Tuesday, November 4, no availability. Broadened the search to just "Dinner" and there it was, one lonely 8:20 opening. Clicked on it, and got a message saying there were problems with the system. Arrrggh. Logged out, tried again, and of course BOG was gone. This is not a tragedy; their menu didn't really appeal to me and we can always try for a lunch FP+.

My next highest priority was snagging 'Ohana at a time we actually wanted instead of taking whatever was available. For Thursday, November 6, I searched for 8:00 pm (late enough to catch fireworks without being really late to eat dinner). And what did I see but BOG at 8:20! So I clicked on it and got that same #@!& message about problems with the system. Logged out, tried again, and it was gone also. Oh, well, we really wanted 'Ohana that night anyway, and we got the 8:00 ADR I was looking for.

From this point on, I was getting the "problems with system" message after every successful ADR, so I'd log out, log back in, and make the next reservation. Fortunately, we got all the others we wanted, and most at the exact time we wanted. They are:

• Sunday, November 2: Le Cellier at 6:00 pm (I only made this one to keep our options open since Le Cellier is hard to get into - we might cancel and either graze Food and Wine all day if it's just hubby and me or make a different ADR if our friends decide to come along)
  • Monday, November 3: Jiko at 7:15 pm (wanted 7:00)
  • Wednesday, November 5: Boma at 9:00 am (our only breakfast ADR)
  • Friday, November 7: Sanaa at 1:00 pm (our only lunch ADR)
Then I thought about Tuesday, when I couldn't get BOG. If it's just hubby and me, we'll skip an ADR and cruise the Epcot Food and Wine booths for lunch and dinner. But our friends like to have a sit-down meal every day. I wanted to try something new, so I checked Akershus and got 6:30 pm for dinner. Hubby mentioned wanting to try it, and I think our friends would like it also.

That is my adventure with 180-day ADRs. I hate it. I think I'd rather settle for what's available later than go through this hassle.

And now I'm going back to bed.

EmFord's picture

If you decide to cancel your Le Cellier and graze Food and Wine booths, you could probably get the coveted cheddar cheese soup at the Canada booth as well as filet. I don't eat meat so I didn't try the filet last year but my cousin and boyfriend did and said it was amazing, as well as the soup. My cousin who is a cast member said it was the same soup they served inside. Just a cheaper option if you decide against keeping the reservation.

crazycatperson's picture

We've always found great eats at Canada's F&W Fest booth, but no beer cheese soup for me. I hate cheese. yuck
But I give thumbs up to the filet, the sausage with sweet corn polenta, and all of the variations on salmon over the years.