How to get from Boardwalk to Universal?

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
taratru's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 556
How to get from Boardwalk to Universal?

I'm staying one night at Boardwalk before heading to my conference at Universal...I need a ride over there! I know a taxi will be SO expensive, though. Can you guys recommend a shuttle or a way to get there that I'm not thinking of? I'd even hop a city bus from DTD if I could...I'd do a lot to save a buck. Smile

I'm also thinking about a ride to MCO from the Doubletree Universal after the conference. I didn't see a shuttle on the hotel website, and know I could ask them when I get there, but didn't know if anyone has any suggestions offhand. Thanks!

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6602

Not what they have available or prices, but Mears probably has some options for you.

http://www.mearstransportation.com/global/orlando/

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

I have always used the site below. they come right to your Disney resort and bring you back. You set up the times and you are good to go. I have used them 3 times now and I have been very happy with them

http://destinationsinflorida.com/universalorlandopass/
Universal Orlando Passes Prices:
1-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation

$155.32 per adult / $148.93 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

Call Us at 877-918-8941 or Book Online

2-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation

$179.97 per adult / $169.32 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

Call Us at 877-918-8941 or Book Online

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

taratru's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 556

kathys wrote:
I have always used the site below. they come right to your Disney resort and bring you back. You set up the times and you are good to go. I have used them 3 times now and I have been very happy with them

http://destinationsinflorida.com/universalorlandopass/
Universal Orlando Passes Prices:
1-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation

$155.32 per adult / $148.93 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

Call Us at 877-918-8941 or Book Online

2-Day/2-Park Pass with Roundtrip Transportation

$179.97 per adult / $169.32 per child (ages 3-9) includes tax

Call Us at 877-918-8941 or Book Online

I wonder if they just do one-way? I only need a ride there...I'll give them a call! Thanks!

__________________

kathys's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/01/2013
Posts: 694

Interesting question. Please let me know if they do one ways.

__________________

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2400

Mears is the top transportation to get from a Disney resort to Universal. People do it all the time.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

If memory serves me correctly, a cab should cost about $35-$40 one way.

__________________

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5463

I'd recommend Mears, too. I think it was $18 a person when we were there in 2012 but that was for round trip so it may be cheaper if you only need it to take you there.

h0ney227's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2013
Posts: 547

So I"m bringing this post back cause I have some more questions. Is Mears a car rental or a cab? And how do you get a hold of them to take you to Universal?

__________________

designedbydisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2013
Posts: 591

so I don't know if anyone else has tried this but disney arranged our transport for us, we asked the concierge the day before and they arranged a shuttle, which picked up over guests too, it cost $20 for a return trip, disney gave us a phone number and told us to go to guest relations in universal an hour before we wan tot leave and they will phone and arrange the bus back. It was cheap and easy.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5463

h0ney227 wrote:
So I"m bringing this post back cause I have some more questions. Is Mears a car rental or a cab? And how do you get a hold of them to take you to Universal?

Mears is a shuttle bus, similar to the Magical Express buses. They will pick up and drop you off at your resort, but they will also be doing pick ups and drop offs from other resorts and parks. On our ride back from Universal we stopped at Sea World to pick people up and then dropped people off at Pop Century before our drop off at Caribbean Beach. There were several other guests from other resorts that were getting dropped off after us, as well.

Philhowelldesign wrote:
so I don't know if anyone else has tried this but disney arranged our transport for us, we asked the concierge the day before and they arranged a shuttle, which picked up over guests too, it cost $20 for a return trip, disney gave us a phone number and told us to go to guest relations in universal an hour before we wan tot leave and they will phone and arrange the bus back. It was cheap and easy.

This sounds a lot like Mears. I'm betting that is the service the concierge used.