I WONDER if I will be cruising in 2017

Login to post comments
13 posts / 0 new
JMed's picture
I WONDER if I will be cruising in 2017

So with the new changes to the Wonder (see article) I have Joe convinced to go on another one LOL

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/06/disney-cruise-line-brings-new-experiences-and-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/?CMP=SOC-FBPAGE20160602182235

Blondie LOVES all things Marvel and a new restaurant is right up our alley!

Here is what I am now pondering. We are just going to do a quick 3 day out of Canaveral going to Castaway. Should I go the "inexpensive" route with an inside cabin since it is so short or splurge for Concierge since it's only 3 days???? (probably the only time I would even consider it because of cost) Is it really worth it? Especially for just 3 days??

Now I just need to figure out how to get on the Magic! laugh And of course they are adding 2 more ships, but there is plenty of time to plan those!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JoAnn C's picture

I was looking at 2017 cruises today.

Kristen K.'s picture

I saw that article and I'm so excited! I totally want to eat at Tiana's Place muchlove

Hrmmm ... I think I would go for the concierge. Of course, when I have the chance I pretty much always go for the concierge. I really enjoy that extra bit of luxury.

alicemouse's picture

Ah ha...I see what you did there.... laugh

I'm pretty psyched about Tiana's Place. We're probably going to do DCL in May next year. Not sure where or what ship yet. It kind of depends on how things go over the next few months.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

DisneyDee27's picture

i'm hoping for a b2b out of san diego in 2017 on the Wonder. it's the last one of the active ships i need for the slam.

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

ChipnDaleFan's picture

The DCL always looks so amazing and I live vicariously through all of your posts! I've never done a cruise and don't think I could. I have too much ocean anxiety. laugh

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

crazycatperson's picture

Now I really want to take another cruise on the Wonder. I don't know when it will happen, though; we have the four-nighter on the Dream coming up and then we've booked another Royal Caribbean cruise for next year, this time with friends. But Alaska, definitely, someday.

Kristen K.'s picture

ChipnDaleFan wrote:
The DCL always looks so amazing and I live vicariously through all of your posts! I've never done a cruise and don't think I could. I have too much ocean anxiety. laugh

My husband had a HUGE fear of dark water before we went on cruise. He loved it though.

JMed's picture

Well, I just booked it. Just 3 nights on the Wonder in March! Castaway is our only stop which is fine by me!

stars stars

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

danijrod's picture

yay That's so exciting! I bet Joe didn't need much convincing ha!

I really want to do a cruise now I've seen one of the ships.

amy1989's picture

We have one of the cruise ships docked beside us (not sure which one it is but its the one sailing the UK right now!) and I have to confess I'm sat at work right now pricing up cruises!!!!

I'm so pleased you got booked I cant wait to live through your trip and the more cruises people post the more my mam may come round to the idea...........

crazycatperson's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
ChipnDaleFan wrote:

My husband had a HUGE fear of dark water before we went on cruise. He loved it though.

My husband also has a big fear of large bodies of water. But he surprised himself with how totally not bothered he was by the big old ocean right outside our porthole. And on our Royal Caribbean cruise, off our private balcony. He sat out there with me. No fear at all. But LOL he will NOT go kayaking with me or anything like that. He says that on the ship you don't really feel like you're in the ocean.

Kristen K.'s picture

crazycatperson wrote:

My husband also has a big fear of large bodies of water. But he surprised himself with how totally not bothered he was by the big old ocean right outside our porthole. And on our Royal Caribbean cruise, off our private balcony. He sat out there with me. No fear at all. But LOL he will NOT go kayaking with me or anything like that. He says that on the ship you don't really feel like you're in the ocean.

Geordon said the same thing, he said that as long as he didn't look down over the edge that it just felt like he was in a big building on the shore.

Woot for a new cruise booking!