JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture

The Colonel wrote:
is that a DVC studio or a cash room?

That is a regular resort room, not DVC.

MrHub wrote:
Woo Hoo! You are over by the quite pool in the Rarotonga Longhouse, 3rd floor, probably room 3802 to 3805, somewhere around there?

You're good! I can tell you've stayed here before. LOL.

Oh.... Monorail update. The resort line is running normally. The express appears to be offline right now.

oHIo's picture

We will be in DVC. Hope it is nearly as nice. Will post pictures..........

MrHub's picture

I see you got a King size bed too instead of the two queens.

oHIo, if you are doing DVC, you will have a single queen. That is one of the things I do not like about the DVC rooms.

Correction... The resort and express lines are both running.

oHIo's picture

MrHub wrote:

oHIo, if you are doing DVC, you will have a single queen. That is one of the things I do not like about the DVC rooms.

The studios have queen beds and tub/shower. We are staying two nights at a DVC Studio/Poly. But the 1,2 & 3 bedroom villas at BLT have a master suite and it contains a king size bed along with a jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. Looking forward to a 1 bedroom, checking in 05/20 and checking out 05/24.

yay clapping

MrHub's picture

awesome

MrHub's picture

oHIo wrote:
MrHub wrote:

The studios have queen beds and tub/shower. We are staying two nights at a DVC Studio/Poly. But the 1,2 & 3 bedroom villas at BLT have a master suite and it contains a king size bed along with a jacuzzi tub and walk in shower. Looking forward to a 1 bedroom, checking in 05/20 and checking out 05/24.

yay clapping

Yes the DVC Studios at the Poly have a queen bed and a split bathroom, shower & sink/Tub, sink, toilet.

But in the regular resort rooms, some have 2 queen beds and some now have 1 king bed both with single bathroom w/double sinks.

We usually go with the 1 bedrooms so we have a washer & dryer & the king bed, the Poly is the only DVC that does not have them, yet........

Image source: Tikimanpages.com

Some initial photos from the Poly. mickey

Allie's picture

Gorgeous! I just love the new lobby! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

Allie wrote:
Gorgeous! I just love the new lobby! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

It's wonderful Allie! I must say, I was initially sad to see the huge waterfall go, but the new lobby is just so nice. It's a large, yet comfy atmosphere.

scrappy wrote:
yay yay yay
Thanks, I am sitting here at work smiling. Now if we were only there with you.

That would be even better! Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics. wink

Luggage arrived safely in our room and we've gone from crossfingers to biggrin .

Belinda's picture

The lobby is just beautiful! Thanks for "bringing all of us along"! Looking forward to more pics - enjoy!

** BeLiNdA **

Vettelover's picture

Boy that seems to have really opened the lobby up. Seems so much larger in the same footprint.

Vettelover wrote:
Boy that seems to have really opened the lobby up. Seems so much larger in the same footprint.

Yes, it's quite amazing really. There's so much space now.

MrHub's picture

KenJ wrote:
Luggage arrived safely in our room and we've gone from crossfingers to biggrin .

awesome

Pictures are great, mind if I copy them and use them?

MrHub wrote:
KenJ wrote:

awesome

Pictures are great, mind if I copy them and use them?

Go right ahead my friend! mickey

Mad Hatter's picture

Thanks for the pictures! awesome

Things get curiouser and curiouser...

Spook's picture

Ok, I'm definitely making it a point to check out the Poly in September. It looks stunning mickey

JoAnn C's picture

It looks beautiful. Have fun.

jhugo's picture

Thanks for the pictures! More please and fingers crossed a review of Trader Sams....... crossfingers

Eeyore's picture

mickey love the pics!

Some more shots from this evening as we walked from the Poly over to GF for our dinner at Narcoossee's.

We had an absolutely delicious dinner at Narcoossee's.

I had the cheese plate for an appetizer:

Jan had the market salad:

For the main course, I had the surf n turf:

And Jan had the Halibut:

Then for dessert, I had the strawberry shortcake:

And Jan had the new lemon pudding:

We had a nice meal although it seemed a bit rushed. Everything came out from the kitchen one after the other and there was no time between courses. We were out of there in just over an hour. But the food was delicious!

amy1989's picture

OMG the pictures of the Poly are just stunning cant wait to see it for real!!!

also that food looks amazing I should not have looked at that with over an hour before lunch time!!! (cue rumbling stomach!)

Good morning. Great pictures! We love the walk over to the Grand Flordian for a meal. The food looked amazing. To bad you felt a little rushed. Can't wait to see what adventures you have today.

JanJ's picture

For those of you that have asked, we will try to get into Trader Sam's while we are here. I was talking to one of the CMs last evening and although there has been no grand opening yet, he did tell me that they are now open everyday. If you are just interested in the food and drinks, the terrace is open as well with no line up. When we checked last evening around 5, there was about a 1.5 hr wait to get in, so we'll try to get in right at 4 some evening and supply some pictures.

On a side note, we went to MK after our dinner last night and my camera had an issue which will prevent me from using it further on this trip. It's an issue that I had read about that a few owners have experienced and I was hoping I wouldn't have it, but no such luck. Took a shot of the castle and then a loud "pop" sound and burning plastic smell. So my main camera is now out of commission and will have to go in for repair when I return home. I'm really bummed about this and I'm not happy with Panasonic right now.

But...

I brought my other smaller camera with me too and am sure glad I did so the photos can continue. Hopefully nothing will happen to THAT camera.