JanJ and KenJ's September 2014 Trip Report

Login to post comments
209 posts / 0 new
EmFord's picture

What a great trip! I've been showing my boyfriend all your pictures and he said he feels like he's there. It made us that much more excited for our trip. Thanks for taking us along with you muchlove

JanJ's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Great trip report, Jan & Ken! Your photos are fantastic! So glad that you had a great trip and a wonderful anniversary muchlove

Which floor were you on at Boardwalk? It looks like the photo where the wing is blocked off is the same wing that we stayed in two weekend ago. We were on the 5th floor and I feel like our room was a cross between "freshly updated" and "could use a little sprucing up".

Thanks alicemouse! We're actually on the 4th floor - off to the right once you come out of the elevators and turn towards the rooms. The wing off to the left is the one completely blocked off. Our room has been updated recently - mostly cosmetic changes.

alicemouse's picture

JanJ wrote:
alicemouse wrote:
Great trip report, Jan & Ken! Your photos are fantastic! So glad that you had a great trip and a wonderful anniversary muchlove

Which floor were you on at Boardwalk? It looks like the photo where the wing is blocked off is the same wing that we stayed in two weekend ago. We were on the 5th floor and I feel like our room was a cross between "freshly updated" and "could use a little sprucing up".

Thanks alicemouse! We're actually on the 4th floor - off to the right once you come out of the elevators and turn towards the rooms. The wing off to the left is the one completely blocked off. Our room has been updated recently - mostly cosmetic changes.

Yep the wing that's blocked off is the wing we were in, just one floor up. I was thinking that the tiles in our room two weeks ago were more neutral colors (as opposed to the white/blue/green color palette from our room in April), but I just looked back at the pictures and my memory was not correct, so maybe I mixed up the tile work at Boardwalk with the tile work at Dolphin--we only stayed at each place for one night and didn't spend very much time in either room.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Thank you both for your fantastic TR especially glad you liked Tony's as we are eating there for lunch soon and I had slight doubts but food looks fabulous. What a great picture of you both and Mandy. Safe travels back.

amy1989's picture

What a fantastic trip report I feel like I've been there with you!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

MrHub's picture

Awesome trip report! Safe travels home.

Spook's picture

Safe travels today!

JanJ's picture

Thanks everyone. We're just waiting at MCO for our flight. The plane should be landing soon and we will be taking off just after 2pm. It sucks going home, but we're not too far away from our next trip. And we get to see our fur babies today!!

Kris1971's picture

Seeing your fur babies is the best way to end such a wonderful trip! Thanks for taking us along with you!

Eeyore's picture

Glad you had a nice time. I always enjoy your fab trip reports! mickey

Thanks for your comments everyone. I'm glad most of you enjoyed our TR.

We're back home now and looking forward to the next time.

mickey

Magic Mirror's picture

Welcome home! Bet the fur babies will be sleeping good tonight with their family home biggrin

Magic Mirror wrote:
Welcome home! Bet the fur babies will be sleeping good tonight with their family home biggrin

Oh yes indeed! They're following us all around the house. We sure missed them, and apparently they missed us too!

JanJ's picture

KenJ wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:

Oh yes indeed! They're following us all around the house. We sure missed them, and apparently they missed us too!

Casey even helped me unpack!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg970.21 KB
Mandy's picture

It was nice meeting you guys as well! I'm glad you guys had made it home safely!

Magic Mirror's picture

Casey is making sure you have no intentions of re packing!

alicemouse's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
Casey is making sure you have no intentions of re packing!

rolling true story.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Vettelover's picture

Thanks for a great trip report and pics.

The Watchmaker's picture

Awesome report and superb photos..Gave me lots of ideas on snapping those magical moments.. clapping

Awesome trip report Jan & Ken ..Ken your photos are so great Im looking forward to your next trip report and photos !!

Thank you all for your comments. It's your feedback that keeps us wanting to do the trip reports. Otherwise, we'd just be talking to ourselves. laugh Uhhh... not that I do that or anything... wink

I enjoy taking photos and it's great to belong to a community that appreciates all things Disney and "gets it" and to be able to share our experiences in words and pictures.

You guys are the best! awesome

MrHub's picture

KenJ wrote:
Thank you all for your comments. It's your feedback that keeps us wanting to do the trip reports. Otherwise, we'd just be talking to ourselves. laugh Uhhh... not that I do that or anything... wink

I enjoy taking photos an it's great to belong to a community that appreciates all things Disney and "gets it" and to be able to share our experiences in words and pictures.

You guys are the best! awesome

bighug

Allie's picture

Wait, am I hearing you right Jan that you LIKE Primeval Hurl?! yuck No thank you! Happy belated anniversary to you two and hope the Disney blues aren't bringing you down too much!

JanJ's picture

Allie wrote:
Wait, am I hearing you right Jan that you LIKE Primeval Hurl?! yuck No thank you! Happy belated anniversary to you two and hope the Disney blues aren't bringing you down too much!

Yes, you heard right. I LOVED it. biggrin

Happy belated anniversary to you and Jon too - glad you enjoyed your Cali Grill dinner.

It hurts more being back at work. wink

Magic Mirror's picture

JanJ wrote:
Allie wrote:

Happy belated anniversary to you and Jon too - glad you enjoyed your Cali Grill dinner.

We liked it too! Every time we swung around a corner we would laugh!

Just adding a bit more to our TR. I did take some video when we were there and I'll post up a few clips. These are just raw video clips with very minimal processing/editing. I don't do much video stuff compared to photos.

So, here are some clips from the Halloween Party at MK. It was really cool standing on Main Street and hearing the Haunted Mansion theme!

alicemouse's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
JanJ wrote:
Allie wrote:

Count me in! I love it, too. Benn didn't ride with me last time because he waited with aunt so I could try it out. When we did hersheypark over the summer, we rode something similar called the wild mouse, but instead of the very safe round vehicle, this was a little mouse shaped car on the track. Benn was definitely freaking out (he was on the bad side with no guard rails) which in turn caused me to freak out. I'm looking forward to getting back on the Disney version--much safer. Hopefully Benn isn't too traumatized to join me!!

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:

crazycatperson's picture

alicemouse wrote:
Magic Mirror wrote:
JanJ wrote:
Allie wrote:

Count me in! I love it, too. Benn didn't ride with me last time because he waited with aunt so I could try it out. When we did hersheypark over the summer, we rode something similar called the wild mouse, but instead of the very safe round vehicle, this was a little mouse shaped car on the track. Benn was definitely freaking out (he was on the bad side with no guard rails) which in turn caused me to freak out. I'm looking forward to getting back on the Disney version--much safer. Hopefully Benn isn't too traumatized to join me!!

Ahhh, the Wild Mouse! The only roller coaster-type ride that I can consistently experience without getting sick. Sadly, the "whirl" part of Primeval Whirl guarantees that I cannot handle that one.