January 2016 trip

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
January 2016 trip

We have arrived yay We are staying offsite this trip in a house my parents have rented. They are here for six weeks eek Sadly we are only here for two. My brother, sister in law and one year old nephew are also here. We all drove down together ( in two vehicles). We left December 30 and got here January 1. The drive was pretty uneventful. We were really looking forward to getting our free orange juice at the Florida welcome centre. Last time we drove it closed 10 minutes before we got there. This time it was closed all day for New Years gaah We were so bummed out.

After we unpacked, we headed to Walmart to pick up a few groceries. We were going to publix in the morning to do a full grocery shop. Man, Walmart was a zoo! It was like being at a park but worse because it was Walmart lol. The trip to publix was awesome though. I love that place! I could spend hours in there awesome

We headed to Hollywood Studios last night ( Saturday January 2) to see the Osborne lights one last time. The park was busy as we expected. But I loved the lights. I hope they bring them back. We also got our first taste of the metal detectors. We arrived later in the evening, around 7 and they seemed to just be choosing random people to go through. Erik was one of them laugh We also grabbed a bite at pizza planet since its closing soon and probably won't reopen as pizza planet sad

A few things we were excited about: I thought since our annual passes expired October 18 2015, when we renewed them it'd be the same. However, when we went to pick them up last night, they changed our expiry date to January 2 2017 yay
Also, when we went to Disney in September, we debated on getting memory maker. We decided not to get it. Now, all photos are included with the new annual passes. I went on to check out the photos we got taken last night and saw that all our photos from our September trip are still there and ready for download! Good thing we didn't get memory maker mickey

Kris1971's picture

Sounds like a great trip so far! Enjoy!

MrHub's picture

Have fun spook. Yes memory maker is part of the annual pass now.

JMed's picture

I had purchased MM for our November trip and when we activated Blondie's AP, they upgraded us to the new one (I paid the old price) and they refunded me the $169!!!!

Great trip so far! Can't wait to hear more. I just read they extended the lights until Wed!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Vettelover's picture

JMed wrote:
I just read they extended the lights until Wed!

That is fantastic news. We get there Wednesday afternoon and thought we had NO way of seeing the lights for the final time until I read your post and followed up on it. Now we CAN see them!!
First park we will visit has been changed to HS..

JMed's picture

Vettelover wrote:
JMed wrote:
I just read they extended the lights until Wed!

That is fantastic news. We get there Wednesday afternoon and thought we had NO way of seeing the lights for the final time until I read your post and followed up on it. Now we CAN see them!!
First park we will visit has been changed to HS..

awesome yay

JanJ's picture

Have a great time and hurray for some Disney magic! awesome

NikkiMouse's picture

Have a great trip! I am looking forward to hearing more about it yay

93boomer's picture

Enjoy your trip!! mickey

Spook's picture

Today we hit up Epcot. It wasn't too busy when we got there around noon. It was getting busier when we left at 5 though. We had FP+ for Spaceship Earth, the Pixar shorts (that replaced Captain EO sad ) and test track. The Pixar shorts were ok. If they keep it around, I hope they change them up frequently. We also wandered over to the Boardwalk to check out the DVC model. We think we might add on points eventually so we can start staying in one bedrooms. The full kitchen would be great awesome
We did a bit of pin trading and checked out the shops in the different countries. We also had a tasty cookie from the caramel store in Germany biggrin I love that place! We caught a set of the British Revolution too. We missed them the last two trips. And that was pretty much the extent of our day. Much better be than being at work in the cold north laugh

Vettelover's picture

Spook wrote:
Much better be than being at work in the cold north laugh

And it certainly is cold Spook!

Spook's picture

Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

You got that right! It was -24C back home yesterday eek

NikkiMouse's picture

Spook wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

I woke up to a brisk 19 this morning. Looking forward to a bit warmer weather during our trip.

Vettelover's picture

NikkiMouse wrote:
Spook wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

I woke up to a brisk 19 this morning. Looking forward to a bit warmer weather during our trip.

10 degrees F this AM yuck It will get warmer for me tomorrow, mickey here we come. clapping

Spook's picture

Vettelover wrote:
NikkiMouse wrote:
Spook wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

10 degrees F this AM yuck It will get warmer for me tomorrow, mickey here we come. clapping

yay yay safe travels!

Allie's picture

Sounds like a great start to the trip! And yay for some Disney magic with your September photos still being available for download! yay Boo to the new Pixar Shorts...can you believe I didn't see Captain EO on the last day it was open while we were there?! eek eek eek

MrHub's picture

Vettelover wrote:
NikkiMouse wrote:
Spook wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

Have fun buddy, see ya real soon!

Kristen K.'s picture

I admit, I'm totally jelly that you're there. I could use two weeks in Disney! How awesome is that about your AP and the pictures, that perk is totally a new reason to consider an AP.

What are you up to today?

Spook's picture

Yesterday we went to Disney Springs for some shopping. We had the holiday turkey sandwich from Earl and it was really good! It wasn't very busy so we got our shopping done in no time. Even world of Disney was pretty calm. We left around 5 and it was getting busier.

Today was Animal Kingdom. The weather was on the cooler side. I wore a tshirt and shorts and was regretting it. We did the safari and saw quite a few animals. They have new animals, painted dogs. They were sleeping though. We also did Everest, dinosaur and primeval whirl. We wandered around a bit and watched the baby gorillas. Got a jalapeno pretzel, which is a must do snack fir us. It rained very lightly off and on too.

Tomorrow we head to the expo to pick up our race kits for the 10K awesome We are also going to try out a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant.

Vettelover's picture

MrHub wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
NikkiMouse wrote:
Spook wrote:
Vettelover wrote:
Spook wrote:

Have fun buddy, see ya real soon!

Count on it.

Spook's picture

Thursday we went to the expo at the Wide World of Sports to pick up our race gear. Since it was the second day of the expo, it wasn't too crazy awesome I bought a few things then we headed for an early dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. We'd never heard of this place before until I read a good review in one of Robyn's trip reports. We loved it muchlove in October we might even venture offsite to eat there again!

Friday started VERY early. Had to wake up at 3:00am eek we left for Epcot around 3:30. The 10K started at 5:30 but we started around 6 since we were in the second last corral. The only downside to the race wS that it rained off and on the whole time from the time we woke up. We wore our ponchos while waiting to start then took them off to run since we thought it'd be awkward to run in. We were wet but we finished mickey Afterwards we went for breakfast at the Garden Grill. It was SO good! I loved the sticky buns. We watched circle of life and rode living with the land before heading home for a nap.
We had dinner at 'Ohana this night as well. It was our first dinner there at it was really good! My brother and sister in law came with us and loved it too. Everything was served faster than we thought too. I figured we'd start with just bread and salad then more would come. However everything came one after the other! That was fine by us though mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Sounds like a good day.

JMed's picture

Congrats on the race!!! I'm gonna have to try Garden Grill! You didn't happen to see the price of the Ariel shoes did you. I must have them!!!

JoAnn C's picture

JMed wrote:
Congrats on the race!!! I'm gonna have to try Garden Grill! You didn't happen to see the price of the Ariel shoes did you. I must have them!!!

If she didn't, I'll try to remember to check on Thursday while I'm at the Star Wars Expo.

Spook's picture

JMed wrote:

I did not. I am curious myself though