January 2019

Login to post comments
25 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
January 2019

One week from tomorrow and we'll be heading back to the World yay I'm so ready to go back. This trip is a family trip with some split stays. My parents, Brother and Nephew all left today. They are driving down. My parents rent a house for the month so they check in on January 1st. My sister in law isn't able to travel right now ( due in March with a baby girl) so she won't be joining us this time. Erik and I arrive January 6 and we'll meet up with everyone either that day or the next day. My Aunt, Uncle and Cousin arrive the 8th and will be there until the 15th. My brother and Nephew leave the 9th. We don't have many plans because it's just too hard with so many people coming and going laugh

Here's what we do have going on

Day 1- Arrive around 10:30am and take Magical Express to Copper Creek. Erik and I have a studio booked for this night. I REALLY want to add on to our DVC here so I'm excited to finally stay here. We might meet up with my parents, brother and nephew but aren't sure yet. Otherwise, we will go to Epcot and then we have the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party.

Day 2- Check out of the studio and into a 3 bedroom grand villa! I cannot wait to see it! I've seen pictures and it looks gorgeous. We will be here for 2 nights. We'll meet my family here in the morning and then head to Animal Kingdom. My nephew is only 4 so I don't imagine we'll be at the park all day. We have a dinner reservation at Trails End, one of our favourites!

Day 3- My aunt, uncle and cousin arrive at some point today. They will be joining us in the villa. We plan on going to MK today and they will prob just meet us there. By they, I mean my aunt and cousin. Pretty sure my dad and uncle will head golfing laugh It'll be an early night for my brother and nephew since they have to get up early to catch the Tragical Express. I'm hoping to be able to take them up to TOTWL for fireworks.

Day 4- Brother and nephew leave early and the rest of us check out. Erik, my cousin and I will be checking into a studio at Kidani. Not sure what park we'll hit. I'll leave that up to my cousin. At some point Erik and I will head to the expo because Santa wink registered us for the Disney 5K and we have to pick up our race kits.

Day 5- Erik and I will be on a bus by 3:30am (yep, you read that right) to head to the 5K. I am so excited to get the Oswald medal! After the run, we'll head back for a nap. After we check out, we'll either hit another park or go to the house my parents have rented.

Day 6- Today will probably be either Universal studios or shopping at the outlet mall.

Day 7- Shopping today if we didn't go yesterday. Otherwise, I have no idea lol. Maybe just hanging out at the house.

Day 8- Erik and I check into the Beach Club. It's our last night so we are staying on property to be able to take the Tragical Express and save my dad a trip to the airport. Plus, I need one last dose of Disney! Our neighbours own a trailer about 40 min from Disney Springs so we may meet up with them for dinner. Otherwise, no plans.

Day 9- Time to go home sad

Woo hoo!!!! You are almost there!!!! yeah yeah

Can't wait to hear about you rooms and the villa stay. Hurry up and get here already, will ya?? laugh

oHIo's picture

Please post pictures of the Grand Villa (which resort?). We are checking into BLT - Grand Villa on 01/18 for one night. (That was all that was available) But my grandaughter will wake up on her fourth birthday to a view of Magic Kingdom! So excited! Never stayed in a Grand Villa and never splurged for a MK View!

You will love Beach Club! The back entrance to EPCOT is awesome and easy access to Hollywood Studios is amazing!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

Spook's picture

oHIo wrote:
Please post pictures of the Grand Villa (which resort?). We are checking into BLT - Grand Villa on 01/18 for one night. (That was all that was available) But my grandaughter will wake up on her fourth birthday to a view of Magic Kingdom! So excited! Never stayed in a Grand Villa and never splurged for a MK View!

You will love Beach Club! The back entrance to EPCOT is awesome and easy access to Hollywood Studios is amazing!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

Grand Villa at Copper Creek. We've stayed at Beach Club before, it's very nice!

Have a wonderful trip, Spook!!!

mickey
It is Disney Day! Enjoy every minute!!!

MrHub's picture

Enjoy Spook! Safe travels!

Spook's picture

We've arrived! Flight was delayed almost an hour and a half. Landed around 11:30am and took magical express to Wilderness Lodge. We were supposed to stay in a Copper Creek studio tonight and then a Copper Creek 3 bedroom Monday and Tuesday night. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the grand villa and it was unsuitable for guests. So we got moved to a 3 bedroom at Bay Lake for all 3 nights! No complaints here! The room is amazing. It's a theme park view too biggrin

We had lunch at Geyser Point which was delicious! We also did the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party. It was good but I don't think we'll be eating many sweets for a while. Show was really good. We got special glasses that turn lights into snowmen. It was hilarious! They turn fireworks into snowmen too so it was funny seeing them blasting off laugh

JMed's picture

Sweet!!! BUmmer about the room at Copper Creek but wow what a great room you got!!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

That is a great room upgrade!!!

Spook's picture

I am bummed we're not at Copper Creek. I was really looking forward to it! But I just can't complain about Bay Lake biggrin

MrHub's picture

No you can't complain about Bay Lake, it is pretty sweet, and a Theme Park view to boot = AWESOME!!!!! awesome

oHIo's picture

Pictures please!! (and thank you) stars

Spook's picture

Went to Animal Kingdom today. We didn't have fastpasses so we headed for safari. Standby said 85 minutes but we actually only waited 40. We walked the two Animal trails and saw one of the tiger cubs. Had lunch at restaurantosarus. Then my mom and nephew went back to the room and my dad, brother, Erik and I went to Disney Springs to do the Star Wars virtual reality thing. It was really cool!
Dinner was at trails end which was as good as always. Then we watched fireworks from the room.

Spook's picture

Grand villa

JoAnn C's picture

Nice

oHIo's picture

Thanks Spook! I'll be checking into the Grand Villa in 10 days! Do you have direct access to TOTW or is it necessary to go down to the first floor and then back up to the top floor? Enjoy!

Spook's picture

oHIo wrote:
Thanks Spook! I'll be checking into the Grand Villa in 10 days! Do you have direct access to TOTW or is it necessary to go down to the first floor and then back up to the top floor? Enjoy!

We have direct access because our room is the 15 and 16th floor

Holy shiitake!!! Now that's a grand room!

Joe and I could easily sleep on the kitchen island. Just sayin'.....

Spook's picture

Tuesday we went to magic kingdom. Rode buzz, haunted mansion, liberty belle and small world. We had lunch at Pinocchio village haus which was pretty good. My nephew liked the barnstormer and dumbo. My aunt, uncle and cousin arrived today so they got to see the fireworks from the room. They thought it was great!

Wednesday my brother and nephew caught the tragical express around 6am. Erik, my cousin and I checked into Kidani and everyone else headed back to the house my parents have rented. We went to Epcot and rode living with the land and Soarin. Had lunch in the DVC lounge and wandered the showcase. Next we headed to the expo so Erik and I could pick up our 5K bibs ( and a pin biggrin ). Headed back to the room and had dinner at the Mara. Then it was an early night since we had to get up at 3am yuck

Spook's picture

The 5K was fun but it was cold! I really wished I had gloves because I could barely move my fingers. Once we got running we warmed up nicely. We were slower than we wanted to but it wasn't unexpected since RunDisney races are packed. We went back to the room for a nap then checked out and headed to AK. Saw festival of the lion king, tough to be a bug and rode Everest. Lunch was at pizzafari.

Then we headed back to get our bags and a shuttle to the car care centre to pick up our rental car. We didn't realize we were supposed to set up pick up time before hand so they called over. After being on hold for almost 20 minutes, the cast memeber gave up and sent us in a taxi. Free of charge! Disney service is amazing.

We picked up the car and headed to the house. Just had dinner and heading to Publix soon. Not sure what's up tomorrow yet. It's always strange being in Florida but not at Disney laugh

Spook's picture

Friday we had a very lazy day which was nice. Pretty much just hung around the house all day and walked up to a Walgreens after dinner.

Saturday. Today we headed to one of the premium outlet malls. We went early to avoid the chaos of parking. The Disney character warehouse was very busy. The check out line was all the way to the back of the store! We bought a few pins for traders, a Cinderella dress for my niece who is due in February and a Mary Poppins head piece. I was hoping they would have some of the dresses from the dress shop, but no luck. We stopped at Publix on the way home and had Papa Johns pizza for dinner. Now it's laundry and packing up. We check into the Beach Club tomorrow for one night and then fly home Monday sad

Spook's picture

Sunday. We dropped off our rental car at the car care centre and then took the shuttle to Beach Club. I have to say, it was pretty convenient renting a car from here. Our room was ready and it was very nice. I think it was recently refurbished. We headed to Epcot and walked around the showcase. Stopped for a snack in Norway ( we tried the Lefse and it was really good). Then we went to Disney Springs for some shopping. We had dinner at planet Hollywood observatory. We actually met up with our neighbours from across the street back home who are now snowbirds. We had a great time! Food was really good too. After dinner, we headed back to the resort. We walked around the boardwalk and then called it a night. Had to catch the tragical express at 7:50am.

Monday. Boarded the tragical express. Security was only about 15 minutes so we were at our gate in no time. Flight landed about 20 min early. Customs was a breeze. We've decided that we will not be checking luggage ever again unless we absolutely have to lol. It was so nice just having carry one this trip!

Now to plan our May trip awesome

Allie's picture

Ok, I'm obsessed with that 3-bedroom! Stunning! We only had a 2-bedroom on our October trip but we were on the 16th floor and we felt pretty dang cool that we had to scan our band in the elevator. Sounds like an awesome trip!

Kristen K.'s picture

That sounds like such a nice, fairly laid back trip!