JoAnn's February 2014 Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

Login to post comments
90 posts / 0 new
JoAnn C's picture
JoAnn's February 2014 Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

Looking forward to my trip to WDW next month. My AP is feeling neglected in my wallet. I will be meeting my cousin and her daughter. My friend was supposed to come too but she had to cancel.

Day 1
Arrive @ 9:00am
Pick up race packs
No ADRs scheduled - going to try Big River Grille for a late lunch / early dinner. Since I'm not sure how long it will take to pick up the race packs, I didn't want us to feel rushed to get to an ADR.

Day 2
5K in the morning
Pasta in the Park Party at Epcot in the evening

Day 3
Late lunch / early dinner ADR @ Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom)

Day 4
My cousin's daughter is running the half. We'll be cheering her on during the race.
Drinks w/ taratru, JMUDukz, Mandy and anyone else who would like to join us
Dinner @ Be Our Guest

Day 5
Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table

Day 6
Departing @ 9:55pm
Nothing scheduled at the moment for ADRs but may make one for lunch once I get my cousins' flight information.

I don't have the dining plan this trip. I'm stocking up on Disney gift cards to use for meals. I'm hoping to try a couple new quick service restaurants as well.

I guess I should finish my trip report from my November trip before going on this one. Smile

disneydoc's picture

Sounds fun JoAnn! I am ready to go again - totally. I wonder when the mine train opens?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JMUDukz's picture

disneydoc wrote:
Sounds fun JoAnn! I am ready to go again - totally. I wonder when the mine train opens?

I was JUST wondering the same thing as I finished my pre-TR. I thought it was supposed to be open by Feb? I keep stalking FP+ to see if it pops up.

JoAnne - Can't WAIT for drinks!! This is going to be an awesome trip!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

JMUDukz wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

I was JUST wondering the same thing as I finished my pre-TR. I thought it was supposed to be open by Feb? I keep stalking FP+ to see if it pops up.

I've read Spring 2014 but I also recently read that they were going to start test runs. So maybe.... That would be awesome if it it open when we are there.

Looking forward to meeting up with you for drinks too.

Mandy's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
JMUDukz wrote:
disneydoc wrote:

I've read Spring 2014 but I also recently read that they were going to start test runs. So maybe.... That would be awesome if it it open when we are there.

Looking forward to meeting up with you for drinks too.

They have already done a few test runs. They have done a push/pull test a couple months ago and one of the trains has successfully ran the track on its own. The track is completely finished and they are currently working on the detail of the ride. They are also have the opening team put together, I believe.

Allie's picture

Good luck on the run and have a great trip! yay

taratru's picture

Woo hoo! Now I really need to do a pre-trip, just so I can remember what I'm doing! We're having breakfast at CRT on that Monday...is that your day 5? I feel like we talked about this already. Smile

Can't wait to meet up with everyone!

JoAnn C's picture

I called today to change my reservation to remove my friend who isn't able to go next month and add my flight information for ME. The girl I talked to was very helpful and asked me if I had a My Disney Experience Account. I told I did and that I had already customized my magic band. She suggested I just I check my account because I may need to re-customize my band since she changed my reservation. I got off the phone. I did a couple of things and then logged on to check it before I forgot. The first thing I noticed was my countdown said 51 days and I noticed my reservation wasn't there. I tried to relink it to my account. I got a big red error message that it couldn't find my reservation. eek

I called back and talked to someone in internet services. She couldn't find my reservation either. She said the CM I talked to probably didn't exit out of my reservation completely. She put me on hold. She came back on the line laughing. She talked to someone in reservations and they were able to pull it up. She told her we were joking around that the CM probably didn't hit save when she made my changes. She was then able to find my reservation. So I tried again while she was on the phone. My reservation now is relinked.

I did need to re-customize my magic band. Now, I think I'm all set.

JoAnn C's picture

taratru wrote:
Woo hoo! Now I really need to do a pre-trip, just so I can remember what I'm doing! We're having breakfast at CRT on that Monday...is that your day 5? I feel like we talked about this already. Smile

Can't wait to meet up with everyone!

That would be it. My reservation is for 8:05am. Our dinner reservations for BoG are around the same time too if I remember correctly.

taratru's picture

Oh, JoAnn, how SCARY. That's my biggest fear!

I remember now! We are at 9:05 at CRT and at 6:40 for BOG.

Eeyore's picture

Yay! Can't wait to live though your TR! biggrin

JoAnn C's picture

When I changed my reservation to remove my friend, the cost of my room went up 2 cents. I had paid it off last month. I was told by the CM I spoke to not to worry about it that they would take care of it (she confirmed with her supervisor). Friday I received an invoice via email from Disney showing my friend removed. It still showed a 2 cent balance. I called again and was told the same thing by a different CM who also confirmed with her supervisor.

Today was the day I had to pay off the room. I checked my reseveration and it still showed the 2 cent balance. I tried to pay it online using a Disney gift card as I didn't want my reservation canceled over this small amount. It wouldn't take my payment. I called again and talked to yet another CM who got it taken care of. He said it was in the notes but for some reason the balance wasn't removed.

JoAnn C's picture

Just checked in!

MrHub's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Just checked in!

Sweet JoAnn!

alicemouse's picture

Have an AWESOME time, Jo Ann! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

taratru's picture

Woo hoo!!!! You're there! Have fun!

MrHub's picture

She checked in online, she's not there yet.

The Colonel's picture

Sounds like fun!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Vettelover's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Just checked in!

Great JoAnn you are one step closer.

taratru's picture

Wow. Reading FAIL. I wondered what was up...I thought I missed a trip plan, because it's definitely not time for Princess!

JoAnn C's picture

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. laugh

Magic Mirror's picture

It's getting closer! yay

JoAnn C's picture

came home to Mickey mail tonight which was what I needed today after having a craptastic week at work

JoAnn C's picture

change of plans for 02/22 (day 3). My cousin and her daughter want to relax for the day. They are going to DTD and I'm going to DHS. I made my first FP+ selections (TSMM, ToT and Star Tours). I'm going to meet them for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

JoAnn C's picture

UPS attempted to deliver my magic band today but of course I was at work. I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow.

Was it wrong that I considered calling in sick to work today to be home for the delivery?

MrHub's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
UPS attempted to deliver my magic band today but of course I was at work. I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow.

Was it wrong that I considered calling in sick to work today to be home for the delivery?

I've never had to be home for ours JoAnn. They always just drop them at the door.

JoAnn C's picture

mrhub wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

I've never had to be home for ours JoAnn. They always just drop them at the door.

Unfortunately, there's no place to leave packages outside my building. They would have to be buzzed into the building to even leave it outside my door. The UPS terminal isn't too far from me so I can run over at lunch tomorrow and pick it up.

JoAnn C's picture

My cousins are leaving earlier than I expected on Tuesday. They'll be leaving around 9:30am on the DME. After I check-in for my flight at the resort and see them off, I'll head over to Animal Kingdom. I have FPP times reserved for Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo and the Safari.

After, I'll hop over to MK for a late lunch ADR at Tony's.

JMUDukz's picture

JoAnne -

Did you see the 5K shirts?? They are awesome!!

http://margaritasmilesandmouse.blogspot.com/

I was kind of thinking I want to add the 5K JUST for the shirt!! It's the best one for the weekend!!

JoAnn C's picture

Thanks. I hadn't seen the shirts. love it.

JoAnn C's picture

Upgraded to Lion King suites at check in. Totally unexpected