Kristen K’s Whirlwind Adventure May 2016 – Postponed Due To Injury :-( #NeverSayCancel

Login to post comments
52 posts / 0 new
RobynPrincess's picture

Could you hire an ecv from anywhere at home and take it there with you? Might be beneficial. I know uk planes will transport for free. I flew with virgin America and it was free as well.
I hope you are ok sweetie xxx

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

Vettelover's picture

So sorry to hear that Kristen. Get well soon and at least he did not say you could not go. wheelchair

JMed's picture

More pixie dust for you!!!!

stars stars stars stars stars stars stars stars

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jhugo's picture

Oh no! Sending you good thoughts and lots of pixie dust so you will be able to go on your adventure. So looking forward to more videos and your trip report. muchlove

jtownpluto's picture

Oh no! So sorry about your leg. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Belinda's picture

Oh no! Hope you are doing well and not having loads of pain! sad

** BeLiNdA **

danijrod's picture

Oh no! I hope you get better soon!

oHIo's picture

Wish I could come & help you! I have stayed at both SSR and Poly and have done several split stays. Even though I'm retired, my new job as nanny to my twin grandsons is Mon - Wed. My AP is current and so is my Tables In Wonderland card. However they both will get a workout in May with the ORFs (old retired farts) with birthdays and in June with the "short girls trip." Will post pictures.
rolling rolling rolling

Kristen K.'s picture

oHIo wrote:
Wish I could come & help you! I have stayed at both SSR and Poly and have done several split stays. Even though I'm retired, my new job as nanny to my twin grandsons is Mon - Wed. My AP is current and so is my Tables In Wonderland card. However they both will get a workout in May with the ORFs (old retired farts) with birthdays and in June with the "short girls trip." Will post pictures.
rolling rolling rolling

The thing that I'm, really worried about right now, is how the heck am I going to get on and off of the magical express? Once I'm at the resort I'll have a scooter and so i t will be fine, but I just don't know about the whole DME thing. Ugh - this is so stressing me out. Has anyone ever seen them load a wheelchair onto the DME? Can they do that? I know I just need to call to find out, but I'm fairly loopy still with all the medication they have me on.

MrHub's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

The thing that I'm, really worried about right now, is how the heck am I going to get on and off of the magical express? Once I'm at the resort I'll have a scooter and so i t will be fine, but I just don't know about the whole DME thing. Ugh - this is so stressing me out. Has anyone ever seen them load a wheelchair onto the DME? Can they do that? I know I just need to call to find out, but I'm fairly loopy still with all the medication they have me on.

Found this Kristen:

Q. Do Disney's Magical Express motorcoaches accommodate wheelchairs?

A. Yes. Remember to indicate that you'll be traveling with a wheelchair when you book your Disney's Magical Express reservation.

If you did not select Disney's Magical Express and include your flight information when you made your reservation, please contact the booking agent for your Disney Resort hotel reservation.

Q. Does Disney's Magical Express provide wheelchairs upon arrival at Orlando International Airport?

A. No. Unfortunately, Disney's Magical Express does not provide wheelchairs upon arrival at the airport.

If you need wheelchair assistance upon arrival at Orlando International Airport, please make arrangements with your airline.

Once you have arrived at Walt Disney World Resort, we provide numerous accommodations for Guests with mobility disabilities, including rental wheelchairs and rental electric conveyance vehicles (ECVs). Learn about how Walt Disney World Resort can help accommodate Guests with mobility disabilities.

Kristen K.'s picture

AND -- I've postponed this trip. sad

It's sad, and I'm depressed about it (thought that could have something to do with being stuck in bed for four days now, or the pain) but even though people kept telling me I was going to be able to go on the trip, I just really don't think it's a good idea. So #neversaycancel - I'm pushing it back to September when Becks and her husband are going to be there.

More to come on that trip later. wheelchair

oHIo's picture

Yes, postponed trips are sad, but most of us on this web site realize that our Disney trips are not once in a lifetime, but a recurring event. You are smart for delaying since it was going to be a solo trip and no one was going to be available to assist you. Your schedule for this trip would have been a challenge for a healthy person but almost impossible as you recover from surgery! Wise decision, but still sad.

wheelchair wheelchair wheelchair wheelchair

It was necessary for me to postpone our Food and Wine trip last year due to the birth of the twins, but our 2016 trip will include both Food and Wine as well as the Great Meet Up Cruise!

clapping yay yeah

Kris1971's picture

Kristen, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle and your postponed trip. Both are a huge bummer. I hope you feel better soon, and I'm sure your trip in September will be awesome!

JanJ's picture

Sorry to hear you had to postpone your trip. Looking forward to hearing about the new one. mickey

What a bummer!! But I think this sounds like the best plan. It would be NO fun to go, not be able to move around well and wish you could've gone when you felt better. You'll just appreciate your upcoming trip in September even more. Smile

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Sending you lots of Disney Magic and pixie dust for a very quick recovery!

ocarina's picture

Oh no Kristen! Sad But you will make the the September trip BETTER (and you'll get to see Rivers of Light! clapping clapping )

crazycatperson's picture

But you get to go with Becks now. muchlove So sorry you have to postpone, but I hope you can see the silver lining in that big old cloud. And hope your ankle heals quickly and hurts less very soon.

NikkiMouse's picture

I was so sorry to see this! I broke my arm in 3 places rollerskatingand it was not too much fun! I wish you the best in your recovery and lots of pixie dust sent your way for your postponed (not cancelled!) trip wheelchair

The Colonel's picture

Ouch. Too bad. Get well soon.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Allie's picture

Total bummer, Kristen! So sorry to hear that! But at least now you'll have Soarin, Frozen Ever After, Rivers of Light, etc etc etc to look forward to! Plus I'm sure you'll have a blast with Becks!