Love it Vs Hate it - who wins in your party?

Login to post comments
17 replies [Last post]
JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4244
Love it Vs Hate it - who wins in your party?

Are there rides or attractions that you love but your spouse/partner/traveling party hates? And if so, who usually wins (or gives in) in terms of doing it or not doing it?

For Joe and I only 2 come to mind - Jungle Cruise and Monsters Inc Laugh Factory. Totally cheesy but they do make me laugh. Joe would rather stick a pin in his eye. laugh

Given how much else he accommodates on and humors me with, I rarely push to ride either. He's sweet enough to do it if I ask but sometimes I do try to remember it's not always all out me. rolling rolling

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 720

FOP! Finally got fast passes in May. DH was busy concentrating on not throwing up! yuck laugh

I, on the other hand, loved it! awesome

Soarin' on steroids indeed!! yay clapping yay clapping

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9215

oHIo wrote:
FOP! Finally got fast passes in May. DH was busy concentrating on not throwing up! yuck laugh

I, on the other hand, loved it! awesome

Soarin' on steroids indeed!! yay clapping yay clapping

rolling

Yes Jeff, Scrappy & I have several of those rides.

ToT, I love it, she is on the rope. Getting her on it is the worst part, she screams and laughs the whole ride up and down though. I think she hates to love it, so she won't admit it and sometimes she just will not go on it.

Rock & Roller Coaster
- She won't get near it. She did it once and never again, I do single rider. Same goes for Expedition Everest.

I love Star Wars, she could care less. She loves Toy Story Mania, it's not a "have to do" for me, but I enjoy it when we do it. I really love to see Scrappy concentrating and laughing on it. I love to hear her screaming on ToT too.

Flight of Passage - Yeah, we both love that. Yes, we can say we waited 3 hours for that ride, only ride we ever did it for, but won't do it again.

Most other rides we pretty much equally enjoy, unless she says something I don't know about.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3346

ToT, I love it, she is on the rope. Getting her on it is the worst part, she screams and laughs the whole ride up and down though. I think she hates to love it, so she won't admit it and sometimes she just will not go on it.
[b]

This sounds EXACTLY like me. I say I hate it, I freak out in line, I ride it laughing and screaming and other times you couldn't pay me to get on it.

I really don't like Space Mountain but it isn't a "must do" for Joe or Blondie so we ride it occasionally. I'm always super nauseated and a little off every time I get off and I swear it jumps off the track...

Joe could really care less about going into ALL THE SHOPS with me, not a ride.... just sayin

Other than that, I really can't think of anything...

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9215

JMed wrote:
This sounds EXACTLY like me. I say I hate it, I freak out in line, I ride it laughing and screaming and other times you couldn't pay me to get on it.

I really don't like Space Mountain but it isn't a "must do" for Joe or Blondie so we ride it occasionally. I'm always super nauseated and a little off every time I get off and I swear it jumps off the track...

Joe could really care less about going into ALL THE SHOPS with me, not a ride.... just sayin

Other than that, I really can't think of anything...

Oh I love doing the shops! I can out but Scrappy sometimes, well maybe not! But I do like them.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2522

Astro Orbitor. I HATE heights and that thing is very high and tilts! I have ridden it twice. The first time during the day and the second time at night ( I was hoping it would be less scary at night. It wasn't). To be honest though, I don't think Erik really cares about it, he just likes to bug me and asks every time if I want to ride it laugh

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

wdwizbest's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/03/2017
Posts: 180

For us it's a compromise, the secret to a good marriage. I Like ToT, my wife not so much. However the best part is not the ride itself but my wife's reaction and then the look on everyone else's face when it's over. When I do get her to ride, I always make a preemptive warning and apology to everybody on the "elevator". To which people look a little perplexed. The ride commences. Then she screams absolute bloody murder. I laugh until I cry, when the ride is over and everyone exists just looking with utter disbelief at my wife, I have another laugh.

__________________

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9215

wdwizbest wrote:
For us it's a compromise, the secret to a good marriage. I Like ToT, my wife not so much. However the best part is not the ride itself but my wife's reaction and then the look on everyone else's face when it's over. When I do get her to ride, I always make a preemptive warning and apology to everybody on the "elevator". To which people look a little perplexed. The ride commences. Then she screams absolute bloody murder. I laugh until I cry, when the ride is over and everyone exists just looking with utter disbelief at my wife, I have another laugh.

Yup, same as I go through!

drwadadli's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2017
Posts: 82

For us, she hates DINOSAUR but I really enjoy it. I win!!!...She rides it because she knows I enjoy it soo much.

__________________

Prior: Offsite most every other years from 1972 - 2000

Most recent: Offsite 2001 & 2003 / ASM 2006 / Offsite 2009 / Poly 2011 / POR 2013 / CR 2014 / GF 2015 / Offsite 2017

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4244

Ha! Those are all great comments. I think Joe and I are pretty much from the same mold when it comes to rides.

One other thing I thought of along these lines - we are different when it comes to walking around versus sitting down and people watching. I could sit for an hour and just watch the world go by; Joe can't sit still and would walk solidly for 10 hours if I didn't play the old man/bad feet/respect your elders cards. wheelchair

This was from our visit on April 30 - Hollywood Studios in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon / evening....

PreviewAttachmentSize
69da6909-4315-4915-8731-0901d0a87ddd.png
69da6909-4315-4915-8731-0901d0a87ddd.png90.73 KB
wdwizbest's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/03/2017
Posts: 180

that makes me tired just looking at it.

__________________

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1582

I love Primeval Whirl, Ken not so much. I'll go on it myself and he'll wait for me. Most other rides we both do although there are a couple that one of us may sit out at times while the other person rides - ToT, BTMR, Kali River Rapids are a few that come to mind.

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5137

I ride Dinosaur when Jon (or others) want to but I am terrified on that ride. Jon doesn't like Carousel of Progress or Tiki Room but humors me. Pretty much everything else we're on the same page on.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9215

Allie wrote:
I ride Dinosaur when Jon (or others) want to but I am terrified on that ride. Jon doesn't like Carousel of Progress or Tiki Room but humors me. Pretty much everything else we're on the same page on.

rolling rolling rolling

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 19266

My family never has a problem splitting up. Tori doesn't do roller coasters, I don't care for water rides, Geordon isn't a fan of Magic Kingdom at all. Since I get to go so much more often than the rest of the family, I will usually just do what they wants and hit my favorites on the next trip.

__________________

alicemouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/22/2013
Posts: 2826

Benn and I both grew up sitting out ride experiences when going to local amusement parks with friends, so we never attempt to force the other person to ride and we never hold back the person who wants to ride. I've never done Everest, ToT, RnR, or MS and I don't want to. Benn has done them all, but very rarely wants to actually go again when push comes to shove. If he's in the mood to freak himself out, I just pick a different ride or shop or get a snack. I can usually make it through the Toy Story line by the time he finishes ToT and RnR and he loves Toy Story, but he gets tired of losing...um...I mean playing. Yeah, playing.

Benn does have a particular hatred for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor for making him dance. Twice. So I usually only do that one if I'm traveling with other people.

__________________

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco

JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4244

alicemouse wrote:
I can usually make it through the Toy Story line by the time he finishes ToT and RnR and he loves Toy Story, but he gets tired of losing...um...I mean playing. Yeah, playing.

Ha! This is so me with Buzz Lightyear - I love it but get really tired of losing Every. Single. Time.

alicemouse wrote:
Benn does have a particular hatred for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor for making him dance. Twice. So I usually only do that one if I'm traveling with other people.

This is exactly why Joe hates to/won't go!!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 19266

I'm currently trying to convince Tori to ride Slinky Dog Dash with me in October. When it comes to coasters (even mild Disney ones) she's the chicken-y kind. I feel like I have to do things at least once before I skip them.

__________________