Making Dining Ressies 180 Days out Online

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
Aunt_Soozaay's picture
Making Dining Ressies 180 Days out Online

My 180 day window to make dining ressies is 11/22...which just happens to be Thanksgiving Day. I want to make the ressies online, because #1 I think Guest Services will be closed that day & #2 I'll be busy cooking to call....anyhoo...

My question is...do you know what time Disney starts taking the ressies online (ie if I can't make dining ressies until 11/22, if I go online at 12:01am on 11/22, will Disney allow me to make the dining ressies or will I have to wait to like say 8am?)

Thanks!

MrHub's picture

I am pretty sure you can do them at 12:01 am that day.

mrhub wrote:
I am pretty sure you can do them at 12:01 am that day.

I am with mrhub here - the computer window opens at 12:01 . . . be sure you have your confirmation # and you'll be good to go!!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Kristen K.'s picture

Agreed should be 12:01 online. So, if you're up early getting your turkey in the oven you now have something to kill time while it's cooking! Where are you going to book?

Aunt_Soozaay's picture

I'll be up at midnight I'm sure...so that's awesome! We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary while at WDW and want to make ressies at California Grill (our favorite) for sure...but want to get a time to cooridinate around the fireworks, so we can see them from the top of the Contemporary. Those times go fast, so I need to jump on it as soon as I can. There's a couple of other restaurants I wanna try...like Prime Time Cafe & Brown Derby, which also go fast, so the sooner I can get those ressies done, the better.

Thanks for all of your help!

MrHub's picture

Aunt_Soozaay wrote:
I'll be up at midnight I'm sure...so that's awesome! We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary while at WDW and want to make ressies at California Grill (our favorite) for sure...but want to get a time to coordinate around the fireworks, so we can see them from the top of the Contemporary. Those times go fast, so I need to jump on it as soon as I can. There's a couple of other restaurants I wanna try...like Prime Time Cafe & Brown Derby, which also go fast, so the sooner I can get those ressies done, the better.

FYI , California Grill is going to start refurbishment in February and will be closed for approximately 6 months.

This is from WDWMagic.com:
"The new closing date is February 2 2013, with a reopening in late summer 2013 (no precise date is yet available). The restaurant was previously scheduled to close on January 6 2013."

This is directly from WDW web site:

"Under Refurbishment Beginning January 6, 2013
To offer Guests a more magical dining experience, California Grill will be under refurbishment from January 6, 2013 through late summer 2013. As you plan your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that the restaurant will be closed during this refurbishment period. "

I know the refurb was pushed back till February, I made reservations for late January for our trip.

Vettelover's picture

mrhub wrote:
I know the refurb was pushed back till February, I made reservations for late January for our trip.

Maybe the construction workers doing the renovations will be making and serving your sushi. laugh rolling rolling laugh

JoAnn C's picture

Did the time change? I read last year on the WDW Mom's Panel that it was 6:00am for online reservations and 7:00am for phone reservations.

Aunt_Soozaay's picture

mrhub wrote:
Aunt_Soozaay wrote:
I'll be up at midnight I'm sure...so that's awesome! We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary while at WDW and want to make ressies at California Grill (our favorite) for sure...but want to get a time to coordinate around the fireworks, so we can see them from the top of the Contemporary. Those times go fast, so I need to jump on it as soon as I can. There's a couple of other restaurants I wanna try...like Prime Time Cafe & Brown Derby, which also go fast, so the sooner I can get those ressies done, the better.

FYI , California Grill is going to start refurbishment in February and will be closed for approximately 6 months.

This is from WDWMagic.com:
"The new closing date is February 2 2013, with a reopening in late summer 2013 (no precise date is yet available). The restaurant was previously scheduled to close on January 6 2013."

This is directly from WDW web site:

"Under Refurbishment Beginning January 6, 2013
To offer Guests a more magical dining experience, California Grill will be under refurbishment from January 6, 2013 through late summer 2013. As you plan your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that the restaurant will be closed during this refurbishment period. "

UGH! Looks like we will have to look into a plan B.

JoAnn C wrote:
Did the time change? I read last year on the WDW Mom's Panel that it was 6:00am for online reservations and 7:00am for phone reservations.

I just read that too... I think the Moms Panel is correct

Kristen K.'s picture

It could be 6:00, I don't have first hand experience with that.
I've been known to be wrong before, but then, so have some of the people on the Moms Panel. laugh
If I get a spare minute today I'll give the dining line a call and see what they say.

angels444's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
It could be 6:00, I don't have first hand experience with that.
I've been known to be wrong before, but then, so have some of the people on the Moms Panel. laugh
If I get a spare minute today I'll give the dining line a call and see what they say.

I thought it was 7 am for reservations also.I was just staying out of it in case things had changed.

I read a mom comment just the other day that was wrong. I was wondering how you could correct it or get it corrected. She was telling someone that MVMCP was a hard ticket event and suggested that they did not need park admissions.You would have had to read it.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Kristen K.'s picture

angels444 wrote:
She was telling someone that MVMCP was a hard ticket event and suggested that they did not need park admissions.

A MVMCP is park admission, well, if you're just going after 4pm it is. You don't have to have both. I've used it as a way to get one day of park hopping too.

Mom's Panel is a group of volunteers and if you read the fine print on the panel website there is a disclaimer that all opinions are their own and don't represent the company. They do their own fact checking research and may or may not have "better" resources.

MrHub's picture

Yes the tickets for MVMCP & MNSSHP are your park admission, that is concidered a hard ticket, but you cannot get in until 4pm. No other park ticket is needed.

angels444's picture

I never make myself clear. sigh
You would have had to read it but the ? was about needing park admission for the day if they had MVMCP tickets. Basically the mom either didn't understand the question or misread it because she didn't answer it correctly. I should have said nothing or copy and pasted the question to make the example. The moms usually do have good info. Just missed one is all. Maybe it was corrected or someone else answered later.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers