May at the Poly

Login to post comments
26 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742
May at the Poly

I tried doing a live report but I'm 4 days late laugh

Erik and I left last Wednesday. We drove this time which was great. We arrived at the Poly Saturday. This is our first time staying here and we are loving it!

Day 1. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we headed to Publix. The GPS took us past Bay Lake Tower and behind the Magic Kingdom. Not sure if we were supposed to go that way, but no one stopped us lol. I got the email that our room was ready while shopping which worked out perfectly. We headed back and unpacked all our stuff. Took us three trips from the car! We then did something we never do.......hit the pool! I can count on one hand how many times we've been to a pool at Disney in all our trips and I think we've surpassed that number on this trip alone laugh
We ordered the in room O'hana feast which was delicious. And huge! I was very thankful I knew to only order for one person otherwise, we'd still be eating it! That was pretty much it for today. Usually we drop off our stuff and head directly to a park. Today was very different and seems to have set the standard for the trip.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

Spook!!!! At the Poly!!!!! Yay!! Now that's exciting. Hope you and Erik are having a great time. I think pool time and feast time was an excellent start.

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Day 2- got up early to go for a run. We had planned on 16K but only lasted 8.5K. It was too hot! So we hit the pool again! It was about 10am and hardly anyone was there. It was great! We had lunch on our balcony and then took the monorail to MK. We rode buzz and then wandered some shops. Watched Festival of Fantasy and almost melted in the sun laugh

We rode pirates and had dinner at Pecos Bills. We shared the jerk chicken lettuce wraps and a side of tortilla chips. Both were very good. Next was Peter Pan. When we got off, it started raining. Then it poured. We watched Philharmagic to wait it out. We went to the Plaza ice cream parlour for a Minnie sink sundae.

We headed back to the resort and went to the outlet store. Erik had planned to buy me a Mary Poppins Dooney for my birthday but they are gone from the parks. A cast memeber said they were sent to the outlets. Sadly we missed them by a few days. He is pretty mad about it. Way more upset than i am laugh

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Day 3- Epcot today! First time ever to the Flower and Garden festival. I really like it! It's so pretty! We had a fastpass for Frozen but it was down so we wandered around. Snacked at a few kiosks and I got my Orange Bird cup awesome It was very hot so we returned to the Poly and the pool.

Around 5:30 we headed to the lobby to check in for DVC Moonlight Magic then headed to Epcot. We were given 2 meal vouchers as part of the event so we headed to Electric Umbrella to use the first one. We shared the quinoa salad and it was very good. We headed back to Frozen since it was running again and used our fastpass. Then we watched Illuminations for the last time. I am looking forward to a new show. Once the DVC event started, we watched the British Revolution. I love them! Then we used our second meal voucher for fish and chips. This was my first time trying fish and chips and it wasn't bad. We're not really seafood people. We also rode Soarin, Mexico ride, and living with the land. Ate some free Mickey bars and watched the special fireworks show which was awesome! We also got our picture with Scottish Goofy then it was time to head back to the room And get some sleep before our big day tomorrow. Planning on all 4 parks eek

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

Sounds like a super relaxing trip so far! If you don't mind me asking, how does the pricing of the O'hana in room compare to in the restaurant?

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1640

We loved the special fireworks at the DVC Moonlight Magic night last week. It was so bright, it was like daytime! laugh

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Allie wrote:
Sounds like a super relaxing trip so far! If you don't mind me asking, how does the pricing of the O'hana in room compare to in the restaurant?

It was $60 per person plus delivery and gratuity. It came to around $80-$90

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

JanJ wrote:
We loved the special fireworks at the DVC Moonlight Magic night last week. It was so bright, it was like daytime! laugh

Yes! They were so awesome!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Day 4- Today started out a bit chaotic. We had an 8:05 reservation at Garden Grill so we headed for the monorail. Upon arrival, we were told both the monorail and the ferry were down and we had to go to where the charter busses are. We went over and it was packed! So we asked if we would be better to go back to the Poly for a bus and we're told yes. Walked back and there were no busses so we went inside to ask. They cast member we asked was adamant that the monorail to Epcot was back up so back to the TTC we went. It was still down. We finally found the bus in the charter area and got to Garden Grill by 8:10. Breakfast was delicious as usual!

After breakfast we walked around a bit and took some photos, checked out the butterfly tent and then hopped on a Friendship to Hollywood Studios. We had a fast pass for Alien Saucers then had a Jack Jack num num cookie. It was pretty disappointing. It was very hot again so we decided to take a break and hit the pool.

After our break, we headed to Animal Kingdom and rode the safari. There were quite a few rhinos out today. We walked around a bit before heading to Magic Kingdom to complete our 4 parks in one day. We rode pirates and small world. Then we headed for the Top of the World lounge to watch fireworks and try the 7 layer cake. The cake was very good and very big!

We were pretty much beat after all that so we headed back to the room. We've wanted to do all 4 parks in one day for years and it will probably be a few years before we do it again laugh or at least do it in cooler weather!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Oh, we also ordered Flippers pizza when we got back to the room. It was very good! Definitely will order from them again!

Day 5- We slept in until noon today which felt awesome! We had lunch in the room then headed to SSR to preview the studio and one bedroom models of the Riviera resort. Wow! They are gorgeous! This resort will also have an adult only quiet pool which I think is awesome. Definitely looking forward to staying here. We wandered around Disney Springs for a bit afterwards and then walked to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. This place is so good but you need to wear your stretch pants laugh

We walked back to Disney Springs and did some shopping. We bought a few things for our niece and nephew and Erik got some fancy sunglasses. Because this seems to be the trip of swimming, we went to the pool when we got back. It was 10pm and there was hardly anyone there. It was great! We ended up being the last people to leave.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

JanJ's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2013
Posts: 1640

Spook wrote:
Day 4- Today started out a bit chaotic. We had an 8:05 reservation at Garden Grill so we headed for the monorail. Upon arrival, we were told both the monorail and the ferry were down and we had to go to where the charter busses are. We went over and it was packed! So we asked if we would be better to go back to the Poly for a bus and we're told yes. Walked back and there were no busses so we went inside to ask. They cast member we asked was adamant that the monorail to Epcot was back up so back to the TTC we went. It was still down. We finally found the bus in the charter area and got to Garden Grill by 8:10. Breakfast was delicious as usual!

After breakfast we walked around a bit and took some photos, checked out the butterfly tent and then hopped on a Friendship to Hollywood Studios. We had a fast pass for Alien Saucers then had a Jack Jack num num cookie. It was pretty disappointing. It was very hot again so we decided to take a break and hit the pool.

Glad you made it to breakfast ok. I tried the Jack Jack num num cookie at DCA and it was AMAZING! I have heard that the one at DHS isn't as good, but I haven't tried it to compare. We also spent a lot of time in the pool during our first stay at The Poly. That was in April and it was hot.

Sounds like you are having a great time. awesome

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2312

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Day 6- Went to Epcot today. Had fastpasses for test track, living with the land and spaceship earth. We snacked at a few more kiosks and headed back. Again, it was very hot! We hit the pool again and then took a nap. When we woke up, we headed to Captain Cooks for some pulled pork nachos. They are so good! We brought them out to the beach and watched the water pageant and fireworks. Then we took the monorail to MK for after hours.

I really loved after hours! Very small crowds, everything but mine train were walk on and even then mine train was only 15 minutes. More variety for ice cream novelties than moonlight magic had. I finally tried a frozen banana. It was pretty good! Love the Mickey ice cream sandwich though. And the pop and popcorn were great too. In the 3 hours we did people mover, buzz, speedway, space mountain, dumbo, little mermaid, mine train, Winnie the Pooh, thunder mountain and the carousel. We probably could have ridden every ride if we wanted to! I was iffy on paying for is when we already have an AP but I would definitely do this again!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Day 7- Headed to AK today. It seemed very crowded. And very hot. We rode Everest and dinosaur and pretty much headed back to Poly laugh Guess where we went next? Yep, the pool. Still can't believe we went everyday! After pool time, we did laundry and started some packing. We didn't realize there were separate laundry rooms for dvc and regular guests and we went to the non dvc. Spent $6 for nothing! Oh well. Lesson learned.

Did some last minute shopping at Boutiki and got a dole whip with coconut rum at Pinapple Lanai. Good way to end the night.

Day 8- Departure day sad Finished packing and loaded up the car. Then we headed for brunch at Trails End. I was very disappointed this time. Nothing with the food or restaurant itself, but yesterday I woke up with a cold and today I wasn't feeling great and didn't have much appetite. I wanted to eat so much more but couldn't. Erik got his fill though lol. We tried walkin to Wilderness Lodge but the trail is closed due to construction. Another huge disappointment. We love that walk.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

I think in this weather pool time was a fantasmic idea!! Sounds like a great trip - boo for departure day! yuck

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 793

Good to know that you enjoyed the after hours! I have two scheduled for next week. yay

Tuesday is AK and Thursday is after hours at MK for the Villains party.

Can't wait to rock my Evil Queen ring! banana banana banana

PreviewAttachmentSize
7d63ff3e-f23c-4965-9dfa-f11ecb8061bd.jpeg
7d63ff3e-f23c-4965-9dfa-f11ecb8061bd.jpeg746.04 KB
JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the non non cookie. The one I had last month was really good.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

sounds like a great trip. hope you are feeling better.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

JoAnn C wrote:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the non non cookie. The one I had last month was really good.

It could have partly been because we were still full from Garden Grill lol. i didn't expect it to be hard on the outside though.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4677

oHIo wrote:
Good to know that you enjoyed the after hours! I have two scheduled for next week. yay

Tuesday is AK and Thursday is after hours at MK for the Villains party.

Can't wait to rock my Evil Queen ring! banana banana banana

That's an awesome ring!!!!!!

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

oHIo wrote:
Good to know that you enjoyed the after hours! I have two scheduled for next week. yay

Tuesday is AK and Thursday is after hours at MK for the Villains party.

Can't wait to rock my Evil Queen ring! banana banana banana

Can't wait to hear your feedback on the Villains party! We're going on June 20th!

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6526

Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the non non cookie. The one I had last month was really good.

It could have partly been because we were still full from Garden Grill lol. i didn't expect it to be hard on the outside though.

The one my friend and I split wasn't at all.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5364

JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the non non cookie. The one I had last month was really good.

It could have partly been because we were still full from Garden Grill lol. i didn't expect it to be hard on the outside though.

The one my friend and I split wasn't at all.

Bummer! Maybe you just got a bad batch, Spook. Fine FINE. I'll taste test one in three weeks so that we can settle this. You're welcome. laugh

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21662

Aww, sorry you left not feeling great. Also sorry that we never found the chance to meet up. But there will be more trips in the future I'm sure! What a beautiful time of year to be staying at the Poly though, all the flowers in bloom were just magnificent, and that daily pool time was the bomb. That island vibe was so great, I'm missing it every day. Are you?

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Allie wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the non non cookie. The one I had last month was really good.

It could have partly been because we were still full from Garden Grill lol. i didn't expect it to be hard on the outside though.

The one my friend and I split wasn't at all.

Bummer! Maybe you just got a bad batch, Spook. Fine FINE. I'll taste test one in three weeks so that we can settle this. You're welcome. laugh

Thanks for taking one for the team! laugh

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2742

Kristen K. wrote:
Aww, sorry you left not feeling great. Also sorry that we never found the chance to meet up. But there will be more trips in the future I'm sure! What a beautiful time of year to be staying at the Poly though, all the flowers in bloom were just magnificent, and that daily pool time was the bomb. That island vibe was so great, I'm missing it every day. Are you?

Yes! I miss it so bad sad

I can't believe we never got to meet up. We were at the same resort! Lol. There will definitely be more trips. I'd like to go back next May, I really enjoyed it.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers