Megan's October 2013 Pre-trip/ Trip Report!

Login to post comments
106 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture

Love love love! You two will be just adorable! muchlove

AnnielovesDisney's picture

That is such a cute idea. I'm strictly a jeans and t shirt girl myself, but I love this idea. I can tell which character each outfit is supposed to represent. clapping

MandaLynn's picture

Wow, thanks everyone for the nice comments on our Disneybound outfits!! We couldn't be more excited (15 days!!). clapping

If you are inspired to create your own, would love love LOVE to see your take on Disney fashion as well mickey

AnnielovesDisney's picture

We have 11 more days to go until our weekend trip yay I still get so excited, no matter how many times a year we are lucky enough to go

stars yeah yay

Thanks you guys!! biggrin I feel like a lot of people would think we were crazy for obsessing like this, but of course you all would understand! muchlove Love it! There are so many characters that you could do so much with, it was fun just deciding who to pick! Good thing we have a couple more trips in the works already.....

We are getting so excited...We'll be leaving in almost exactly 15 days! yay

MandaLynn's picture

Yay Annie!! I feel the same way Smile

VelcroPooh

I am so the type that would do an outfit for every day that I was there...except...my problem is shoes. I have torn my Achilles tendon twice so the only way I can take hours of walking is in great tennis shoes. There is no way I could wear sandles, boots, crocs, toms, etc. all day. It is strictly going to have to be my tennis shoes all week, which is why I decided not to do it and instead went on a "craft" spree with t-shirts!

MandaLynn's picture

Pooh, you have a great point! This is one of many ways to 'Disney-fy" your outfits mickey It could be as simple as changing out the laces on your comfy tennis shoes to match the colors of the character you are inspired by!

Also, I'm curious about your t-shirt project...is it Disney related? Care to share?

VelcroPooh

MandaLynn wrote:
Pooh, you have a great point! This is one of many ways to 'Disney-fy" your outfits mickey It could be as simple as changing out the laces on your comfy tennis shoes to match the colors of the character you are inspired by!

Also, I'm curious about your t-shirt project...is it Disney related? Care to share?

The shoelace thing is a great idea! I did think about bounding like Flounder one day...Lol. My best tennis shoes are my Brooks and they are bright teal blue!

As far as t-shirts. I have made several. Believe it or not, I actually have a hubby that wanted to do the "matchie-matchie" thing while we were there.

I made us two matching shirts first. A red t-shirt with a silhouette of Mickey & Minnie in black, holding hands and posing for a kiss on the front and I'm thinking of putting our names on the back. Then I made us a Halloween shirt because we will be there the day of Halloween, but we're doing MNSSHP on Sunday before. Orange shirts with a black Mickey head, pumpkin shaped and I used a black material with orange flames to make a pumpkin face. They look freaky. It's like Evil Mickey. On the back I'm going to go back and put BOO!

Then I made myself a pink shirt with a black Minnie head with a black and white polka dot bow. On the back I put a silhouette of Mickey and Minnie with the word LOVE under it in the black and white polka dots. I had bought some zebra striped shorts for AK day and I think I'll wear it then. DH is on his on that day.

I purchased all those colored t-shirts at Michaels when they were 30% off (which made them 3.00 each), and I used bandanas in the different colors for the material. They are like 99 cents (cheaper than buying the fabric) and come in tons of patterns and colors. I buy the fusible web by the yard that makes iron-ons. I ironed the bandana material to the fusible, cut out my designs and just ironed them on. So basically, each shirt cost me around $4.00 once done.

Now, the third one, we just did last night. I've never tie-dyed but saw this cool shirt with a tie-dyed Mickey head on the front and had to try it. So we did them last night, but they have to set 24 hours before you can rinse them out. I guess I'll know tonight if I have a Mickey head or a blob!

VelcroPooh

Here's the picture of the Mickey tie-dye I found on Pinterest and I searched out the directions (I HAVE to stay off of there!) We did ours in a dark blue, green and teal blue. We shall see if they work out.

PreviewAttachmentSize
shopping.jpg
shopping.jpg9.69 KB

wow so crafty! That tie-dye shirt is SO COOL!
I love when I see families doing the matchy matchy thing- it's very cool that your husband embraces The World as much as you do. awesome

JMUDukz's picture

I saw a family wearing a Mickey tie-dye like that VelcroPooh!! SO SHARP!!

I love the Pocohontas outfit. I'm thinking I need to hire you to do my Disney outfit planning/shopping!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

those outfits are so cute

VelcroPooh

They came out really cool. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. They're hanging up to dry.

JMUDukz wrote:

I love the Pocohontas outfit. I'm thinking I need to hire you to do my Disney outfit planning/shopping!!

ummm that would be my dream job. laugh

Magic Mirror's picture

I am so inspired by all of you! I am going to have to get with it and do something!!!

MandaLynn's picture

Your shirts sound awesome, Pooh!! I can't wait to hear how your tie-dye comes out...would love to see pics if possible! And I love your Flounder idea. The shoes sound like a perfect color!

Also, I second Meg on the job offer Dukz! We both really had SO much fun putting these outfits together...is it bad that I'm already thinking of the next batch for our WDW trip in the spring?? laugh

Mandy's picture

MandaLynn wrote:
Also, I second Meg on the job offer Dukz! We both really had SO much fun putting these outfits together...is it bad that I'm already thinking of the next batch for our WDW trip in the spring?? laugh

Not at all!!

MandaLynn's picture

Haha...thanks Mandy!! clapping

Mandy's picture

You're welcome!

VelcroPooh

MandaLynn, I posted the pics on my thread so I wouldn't hijack your post.

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/first-disney-trip-halloween-2013#comment-1030752

We're officially doing the Single-Digit Dance!!!!! yay

banana banana banana

yeah yeah

stars stars stars stars

Mandy's picture

Yay!!!!

MandaLynn's picture

8 DAYS!!!!! So excited clapping

We are doing all the last minute stuff like renting our car, reserving our parking spot at the local airport, talking with the dog sitter, and...finalizing the contract for our stay at the Boardwalk Villas in 6 months!!! haha...we are going Disney crazy mickey

Mandy's picture

Yay!! yay yay yay clapping clapping clapping clapping

Hey guys! We're back! So sorry for the complete lack of updates during our trip. We had the best intentions of doing little summaries at the end of each day, but by the time we got back to the hotel each night, all we wanted to do was crash! We got home last night and we are pretty exhausted.
We did have an AMAZING time though, of course, and took tons of photos(don't get too excited about those, by the way- we are far from professional photographers and our equipment leaves a lot to be desired....).
So stay tuned and hopefully we'll at least have the first bit of it up soon!

h0ney227's picture

yay cant wait!

Allie's picture

No worries, I can't keep up with live TR, either. We're all excited to see pictures and hear about your post-trip reviews, though!

JoAnn C's picture

can't wait to hear about it

nsaunier's picture

yay Cant wait to hear all about your trip!! I know I'm a little late but I LOVE your outfits!!!

~~~Nicole~~~