Member spotlight- Jessi5989*****

Login to post comments
61 posts / 0 new
Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280
Member spotlight- Jessi5989*****

Our member spotlight belongs to the one and only newest employee of Walt Disney World herself, JESSI!!!! Looks like your location has changed since you filled out this survey....LOL

First Name: Jessi
Birthplace: Boone, NC
Birthday: May 9th
Age: Almost 23
Current Location: Boone, NC (I go to Appalachian State University...I promise I haven't just lived here my whole life)
Hometown: Raleigh, NC
Eye Color: green-ish
Hair Color: dark brown
Height: 5' 1&1/2"
Your career: student
What kind of car do you drive: a piece of junk Saturn. it was my first car, but its 11 years old and going quick.
Name of spouse or significant other: my boyfriend's name is Ben
Number of children if any, names and ages: Jack (my cat) is 2 & Ferdinand (my fire belly newt) is about 6 months old.
Glasses or contacts: neither. (:
Piercings or tattoos: I have an industrial piercing in my left ear (its 2 cartilage piercing connected by a barbell) & my nose pierced.
Right Handed or Left Handed: righty.
What kind of pets do you have and what are their names: pets? they are my kids!
Favorite color: pink
5 favorite movies: (in no particular order) Alice in Wonderland, The Muppets, The Breakfast Club, Across the Universe, Juno
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Your favorite pizza toppings: pepperoni & extra cheese!
Favorite beverage: I live off Mountain Dew
Favorite season: Spring
Your favorite food: just one??
Favorite Ice cream flavor: chocolate
Favorite candy: Nerds
Favorite breakfast cereal: Capn Crunch
Favorite book: The Giving Tree
What country do you want to visit: Australia
How many pillows do you sleep with: two
What's one thing that not many people know about you: I was a competitive dancer for years and also a pageant queen.
Favorite song: well right now its 'Some Nights' by Fun.
Your favorite sport to watch: football!
Favorite TV show (Still running or ended): Dance Moms (its a guilty pleasure) and also Friends
Your Favorite number: 9
Favorite restaurant: just one?? ...Red Lobster or Outback I guess.
WHICH DO YOU PREFER
Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate!
Scary movies or comedies: comedies. I hate hate hate scary movies!
Beach or lake: beach
Pepsi or Coke: coke
Starbucks or Tim Hortons: I don't like coffee. *gasp!*
Dogs or cats: both. (: I'm an animal lover.
DISNEY RELATED:
What's your favorite Disney Resort: well, I've only stayed at one, the Dolphin.
What's your favorite Disney Restaurant: California Grill
What's your favorite Disney Snack: Dole Whip
What's your favorite Disney ride: Tower of Terror!
Who's your favorite Disney Character: Alice!
Who's your favorite Disney Princess: Sleeping Beauty. although, I do love Tiana.

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Let's see your 3 favorite Disney pics please Smile

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Favorite Disney memory?

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

If you could take one person from this forum, who would it be, and what would be the first thing you do?

Also... what is your favorite Disney thing you may have?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

emmaanne's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/20/2011
Posts: 432

I just want to request a play by play of your time working at Disney.. that is all, not too much to ask right? lol..

__________________

November 14-18, 2019 | All Star Movies

March 2-10, 2012 | Pop | Trip Report - http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/ems-long-awaited-trip-report

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
Let's see your 3 favorite Disney pics please Smile

PreviewAttachmentSize
3.16.12_056.jpg
3.16.12_056.jpg181.81 KB
004.jpg
004.jpg647.36 KB
3.16.12_112.jpg
3.16.12_112.jpg1.2 MB
Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Kris1971 wrote:
Favorite Disney memory?

When I was on the College Program, me and two of my roommates were at HS one night and we were basically delirious from working and we ended up in one of the stores on Sunset Boulevard buying pirate eye patches. Right when we walked outside, the High School Musical show started going by and we started dancing crazy. We called ourselves the booty-dancing pirates. I had to include a picture.

PreviewAttachmentSize
pirates.jpg
pirates.jpg54.65 KB
Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Mase wrote:
If you could take one person from this forum, who would it be, and what would be the first thing you do?

Also... what is your favorite Disney thing you may have?

ahhhh! can I not just take all of you guys?? ...I guess I'd have to take MrHub & Scrappy and we'd probably go to the Poly first for some dole whip!

And my favorite Disney thing I have is probably either my College Program graduation ears with my name, or my very first Alice pin. (it started the obcession!)

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

emmaanne wrote:
I just want to request a play by play of your time working at Disney.. that is all, not too much to ask right? lol..

Well, its not too much right now because not much as happened. I had an appointment to fill out my paperwork on the 25th of May, and my parents were overnighting my SS card, but Fed-ex lost it... They eventually found it and got it to me. And I went and filled out my paperwork this morning (because that was the next appointment they had open). I have Traditions on Thursday. Traditions is basically an 8 hour class where they teach you all about the Disney company and Walt and how things are run. And then I start training in my location! Also, I forgot to tell you guys, I'm gonna be working with Barbara!

But the most exciting thing right now is that I'm living in a summer sublet with a lady who is a retired Disney sculptor! She did all of the sculptures for the Aladdin parade that used to run in HS and all of the stuff for Spectromagic. She's also done alot of random things around property like the snake in Fantasmic and Pumba in the Festival of the Lion King. She did a bunch of stuff for DL Paris and a ton of parades for Tokyo DL. Her workshop is in the garage and its literally bits and pieces of Disney characters that she works on. Its so cool!

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

What would you ultimately like to do as a Disney CM? Is this just a job until graduation or do you see yourself getting a 30 year pin?
Dee mickey

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Everything you have posted so far including the pics are awesome... And how cool that you get to work with Barbara... You will have to tell her all about us... Lol... Maybe you can get her to make a video saying welcome to wdwforgrownups... Lol... And I think we have to have a post dedicated soley to the day by day happenings in your life... I mean just imagine how many stoopid shoes... Ok enough carrying on... Back to the questions

1. How did you get do lucky to room with the sculptor?
2. Do you get any perks for working at Disney
3. How are the other cast members at Disney... Are they as obsessed with Disney as we are or are they annoyed with it?

__________________

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

DisneyDee27 wrote:
What would you ultimately like to do as a Disney CM? Is this just a job until graduation or do you see yourself getting a 30 year pin?
Dee mickey

I have a few different paths I'd like to explore. Either working my way up through management and becoming a park VP or something, OR maybe getting into entertainment here, OR going to animal programs and working with them because helping animals is my true passion.

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
Everything you have posted so far including the pics are awesome... And how cool that you get to work with Barbara... You will have to tell her all about us... Lol... Maybe you can get her to make a video saying welcome to wdwforgrownups... Lol... And I think we have to have a post dedicated soley to the day by day happenings in your life... I mean just imagine how many stoopid shoes... Ok enough carrying on... Back to the questions

1. How did you get do lucky to room with the sculptor?
2. Do you get any perks for working at Disney
3. How are the other cast members at Disney... Are they as obsessed with Disney as we are or are they annoyed with it?

1. Craigslist! I put out an add that I needed a summer sublet, and she answered. I came and checked it out and it was in my price range. Then I found out what she used to do and I was amazed!

2. We get discounts on food & merchandise. And we get in free to the parks. And of course, we get to bring a set of 3 people 16 different times in a year, which basically means that all my friends can come see me!

3. There are really 2 different types of people working there. Some are really cynical about working for Disney. They don't like the people, the heat, the pay, anything. But some people (like me) really like it. So we don't get tired of the parks. Personally, I could go all the time and not get sick of it. There's always something new to discover!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

With you saying "There's always something new to discover!" Have you discovered anything new that you didnt know about before working there? Something unexpected?

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Mase wrote:
With you saying "There's always something new to discover!" Have you discovered anything new that you didnt know about before working there? Something unexpected?

I have to take an entire class on Magic Kingdom next week, so I'm sure I'll learn ALOT because I usually don't spend much time in that park since it's usually too crowded for me. I'll make sure to tell you guys some random facts!

Oh! but I forgot to say that from working here before, I know lots of little secrets about AK. Like how in Africa & Asia you can look down at the path and notice that they made impressions in them that were reminiscent of the modes of travel in those places. Like in Africa, there are footprints and animal prints, but in Asia, its mostly bicycle tracks.

Another thing that's really cool is that there is this rock in front of the statue as soon as you get into Asia, and if you stand on the rock, the statue lines up perfectly with Everest.

Also, some people don't know this, but the roller coaster Dueling Dragons (now Dragon Challenge) from Islands of Adventure was originally built for AK, but at the last second Universal paid the company more than Disney, so they got it. That's why there's a dragon over the top of the Animal Kingdom sign. And if you ride Dueling Dragons you can look just above the seats and there are hidden Mickeys on like every third row I believe. We've spotted them all and I just think its hilarious that they are still there!

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Those are perfect! Love this one! Going to have to try it come November now!

Quote:
Another thing that's really cool is that there is this rock in front of the statue as soon as you get into Asia, and if you stand on the rock, the statue lines up perfectly with Everest.

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

You mentioned the two different types of Cast Members there....Which do you think their are more of...the cynical one's or the one's who truely enjoy it?

__________________

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
You mentioned the two different types of Cast Members there....Which do you think their are more of...the cynical one's or the one's who truely enjoy it?

I'm definitely the type who enjoys it. I was there just last week! And I plan to go Thursday after I finish Traditions and get my ID! ...well, maybe. I might be so exhausted by that point that I go home and sleep for a few days. laugh laugh

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Jessi5989 wrote:
Jess wrote:
You mentioned the two different types of Cast Members there....Which do you think their are more of...the cynical one's or the one's who truely enjoy it?

I'm definitely the type who enjoys it. I was there just last week! And I plan to go Thursday after I finish Traditions and get my ID! ...well, maybe. I might be so exhausted by that point that I go home and sleep for a few days. laugh laugh

Oh I know you are one who enjoy's it....I was just saying out of everyone who works there, how many enjoy it and how many are cynical? Like do alot of cast members go there on their days off? Or are they like, why would you want to go to work on your day off.

__________________

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
Jess wrote:
You mentioned the two different types of Cast Members there....Which do you think their are more of...the cynical one's or the one's who truely enjoy it?

I'm definitely the type who enjoys it. I was there just last week! And I plan to go Thursday after I finish Traditions and get my ID! ...well, maybe. I might be so exhausted by that point that I go home and sleep for a few days. laugh laugh

Oh I know you are one who enjoy's it....I was just saying out of everyone who works there, how many enjoy it and how many are cynical? Like do alot of cast members go there on their days off? Or are they like, why would you want to go to work on your day off.

Oh! duh! ...well, this may sound mean, but alot of the older people who haven't worked like their whole lives for Disney seem to be more cynical. But I'm sure for people with kids it's definitely a plus to have passes. But I think that after a while people just get sick of going...especially if they have worked at all of the parks because then it just feels like work.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Does Disney let you keep your piercing's in?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1893

Time for you to confess. Tell us your likes and dislikes that tend not to agree with most others.

dontthrowsand's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2012
Posts: 359

Best tip you have for those of us brining adult disney virgins!

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
Does Disney let you keep your piercing's in?

Nope! sad I'll have to take out my nose piercing permanently starting Thursday since it would grow up if I leave it out for too long and I don't know what I'll do about my industrial. When I was here before I wore my hair down at work because I worked inside and my hair was so thick no one could tell when I had it in, but now I'll be working outside so I'll have to take it out at work. But if it gets annoying pulling it in and out all the time I'll just take it out for good. I guess you have to grow up someday right? yuck yuck yuck

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

scrappy wrote:
Time for you to confess. Tell us your likes and dislikes that tend not to agree with most others.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Living with the Land! Its the best Disney ride if you ask me! ...I'm such a nerd!

But I've never rode Peter Pan and everyone else has and loves it. I just don't wanna wait in line that long for something I may not like. ...so I guess that's my think that everyone loves except me. I also hate Dinosaur, but I think other people out there are as terrified as me about it!

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

dontthrowsand wrote:
Best tip you have for those of us brining adult disney virgins!

Grey Goose slushie from France. best drink ever! And while you're there, hit up the little bakery in the back of France...A-MAZING! (and super cheap!)

Also, the frozen Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonades that they sell alot of places on property are the BEST! but for some reason the ones at HS are frozen just perfectly. Pair that with those grapes from the fruit stand on Sunset Blvd and you are set!

Also, the Food & Wine Festival was the absolute best thing I've ever experienced. So much good food & drinks and a much more 'adult' atmosphere at Epcot.

dontthrowsand's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2012
Posts: 359

I think one of the guys will love those slushies! Thanks!

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Jessi5989 wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Time for you to confess. Tell us your likes and dislikes that tend not to agree with most others.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Living with the Land! Its the best Disney ride if you ask me! ...I'm such a nerd!

But I've never rode Peter Pan and everyone else has and loves it. I just don't wanna wait in line that long for something I may not like. ...so I guess that's my think that everyone loves except me. I also hate Dinosaur, but I think other people out there are as terrified as me about it!

Why don't you like Dinosaur? Is it to bumpy or does it really scare you?

__________________

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Jess wrote:
Jessi5989 wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Time for you to confess. Tell us your likes and dislikes that tend not to agree with most others.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Living with the Land! Its the best Disney ride if you ask me! ...I'm such a nerd!

But I've never rode Peter Pan and everyone else has and loves it. I just don't wanna wait in line that long for something I may not like. ...so I guess that's my think that everyone loves except me. I also hate Dinosaur, but I think other people out there are as terrified as me about it!

Why don't you like Dinosaur? Is it to bumpy or does it really scare you?

I have an irrational fear of dinosaurs...I can't ride that ride or Jurassic Park without closing my eyes and hiding. laugh laugh laugh

Jessi5989's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/27/2011
Posts: 580

Oh, and I got a call today from the guy who hired me and said that the position at Magic Kingdom wasn't available anymore (I don't know why!) but I'm still getting a job full time in attractions at HS in the Icon Attractions area which includes the Muppets, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, and Star Tours. ...so I'll have to let you guys know where I end up once I find out!

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Jessi5989 wrote:
Oh, and I got a call today from the guy who hired me and said that the position at Magic Kingdom wasn't available anymore (I don't know why!) but I'm still getting a job full time in attractions at HS in the Icon Attractions area which includes the Muppets, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, and Star Tours. ...so I'll have to let you guys know where I end up once I find out!

How do you feel about this? Which job would you have rather had?

__________________