Miss Mikki - July/August 2014 - Pre Trip Report

Login to post comments
35 posts / 0 new
Miss Mikki's picture
Miss Mikki - July/August 2014 - Pre Trip Report

We are just five weeks away from our big family trip! This was definately the kick up the backside I needed to finish my November 2013 trip report - completed today! In November it was just me and Dave. This time there are nine of us, all staying at POFQ. My mum, dad, uncle, aunt, sister, brother-in-law, niece and husband!

I have been organising everyone with reservations, FP+, ADRs etc. which is why I haven't been posting as much on the boards. (I have still been reading everyone's posts though). I think I have just about done everything now!

If anyone is interested in the background of how this trip came about or the drama when we had to pay a small fortune to change our flights, check out my thread "Another Disney Trip?" - not sure how to do a link to this?

Friday 25th July
Everyone arrives except me and Dave!

Saturday 26th July
They all go to MK in the morning. FP+ organised for them for various attractions.

Sunday 27th July
Dave and Miss Mikki arrive in the world.
We will have done a long haul flight but the MK is open until 1am, so what the heck, I'm up for it. Dave wants to boat trip to DTD. Divorce on our first night!

Monday 28th July
EMH am at AK. All going with various FP+ preferences.
EMH pm at DHS until midnight. Dave and I planning to go.
Mum, Dad, Aunt and Uncle going to Hoop-dee-doo review.

Tuesday 29th July
DHS. All going with various FP+. All meeting for late lunch ADR at Prime Time Cafe.

Wednesday 30th July
Day free for Universal if we manage to leave the Disney bubble!

Thursday 31st July
Dave and I going to MK in morning. Have FP+ selections. In the evening we have an ADR for everyone at Cape May Cafe for Clam Bake.

Friday 1st August
Evening EMH at Epcot. Drinking round the world in afternoon/ evening

Saturday 2nd August
Afternoon FP+ for Epcot en route to Il Mulino for dinner for everyone.

Sunday 3rd August
We are babysitting in the evening for my niece as my sister and her husband are celebrating their wedding anniversary on a Disney date night

Monday 4th August
We may take my niece to MK.

Tuesday 5th August
Mum, dad, uncle, aunt fly home.
Dave and I have date night in Narcoosees

Wednesday 6th August
Free

Thursday 7th August
Free

Friday 8th August
Home

We have left plenty of time free for spontaneity and visiting water parks, DTD, resorts, mini golf and out-of-disney attractions.

Can't wait! yay

no ticker Sad

Mandy's picture

That sounds lovely!

JoAnn C's picture

Here's the link for your previous post

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/another-disney-trip

Sounds like a great trip you have planned.

Miss Mikki's picture

Thank you JoAnn, I didn't know how to do that!

no ticker Sad

JoAnn C's picture

You're welcome

kathys's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
We are just five weeks away from our big family trip! This was definately the kick up the backside I needed to

Miss Mikki wow you must have been very busy. I truly hope you all like POFQ as much as I do. I you really must take the boat ride to DTD. It is great. I see you have Narcoossee's for your date night. Have you been before? We went last year and really liked it. And drinking around Epcot is great. biggrin How old you is your niece that you are babysitting so that your sister and her husband can celebrate their anniversary.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Magic Mirror's picture

clapping clapping Five Weeks~~!!!!!! That will go fast now mickey
Love that you have some free time built in ..there is always those small things, like rent a bicycle, or take a carriage ride, that we don't seem to fit in, Looks like it's going to be a blast !

JanJ's picture

Sounds like a fun trip and kudos to you for getting everyone organized. awesome

Eeyore's picture

Looks like a very fun Disney trip! mickey It will be here before you know it!

Miss Mikki's picture

kathys wrote:

Miss Mikki wow you must have been very busy. I truly hope you all like POFQ as much as I do. I you really must take the boat ride to DTD. It is great. I see you have Narcoossee's for your date night. Have you been before? We went last year and really liked it. And drinking around Epcot is great. biggrin How old you is your niece that you are babysitting so that your sister and her husband can celebrate their anniversary.

We can't wait to stay in POFQ. We have stayed in Riverside many times but only stayed one night in a French Quarter, we haven't been to Scat Cats or the food hall, so it is new and familiar at the same time. The last time I went to Narcoosees, it was for a wedding reception in 1997! So it is the first time I will have been with my husband. I have warned him that I am planning to have the lobster, so start saving now!!! My niece turned one on 15th June, so she won't be drinking round the world with us!!!

no ticker Sad

CEB NYC's picture

Sounds like you have fun plans! Lucky you getting to be in Disney so soon:)

jhugo's picture

Looks like it is going to be an amazing trip!!! clapping

amy1989's picture

Sounds like a fantastic trip Miss Mikki I'm sure you will have a fantastic time and having a lot of family there will be a lot of new experiences!

Cant wait to hear all about it! yay

MrHub's picture

Sounds like a plan Miss Mikki.

BarbaraB's picture

Sounds like a great trip! I'm so jealous. I wish hubby and I could get the time off to do a 2 week trip to Disney. Our trips anywhere are usually only long weekends, 4 or 5 days at the most.

~ Barb ~

BarbaraB wrote:
Sounds like a great trip! I'm so jealous. I wish hubby and I could get the time off to do a 2 week trip to Disney. Our trips anywhere are usually only long weekends, 4 or 5 days at the most.

If you are in the UK you have to do longer trips (says the woman who has just done a week trip) believe me I would love to do more long weekends, more often but I am blessed this year that I am doing 5 weeks.

Spook's picture

Sounds like an awesome trip! Have a great time mickey

Allie's picture

Sounds like fun! I'm not going until August 31st but our first two days look almost identical: We'll be going to DTD in the afternoon and then MK is open until 12 with EMH until 2am. Then we're doing DAK in the morning the first full day and DHS until 11:30pm in the evening. Just thought that was a funny coincidence. Have fun enjoying WDW with your family!

Miss Mikki's picture

Thank you everyone!

Allie - that is a weird coincidence - great minds think alike!

no ticker Sad

Magic Mirror's picture

We love POFQ muchlove it is so quiet and romantic, especially if a light fog rolls in.........

Miss Mikki's picture

We got Mickey Mail today!
banana banana banana banana

no ticker Sad

Magic Mirror's picture

yeah yeah yeah yeah

** YES !!!!!!!

M * I * C * K * E * Y M * A * I * L

pillowfight pillowfight pillowfight pillowfight pillowfight

MrHub's picture

Always love Mickey mail, no matter what it is!

kathys's picture

Mickey mail is the best.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

Miss Mikki's picture

So Disney have changed the EMH. They have cancelled the 11pm to 1am at the MK on our arrival night and also the morning EMH at AK the next day. There are other cancellations during our stay too. I stumbled upon this information by accident when I was looking at crowd calendars and predictions. I then checked it on MDE.

A lot of my plans for our whole party were constructed around EMH. I am a bit OCD so I don't cope well with change when it has not been of my own making.

I understand Disney has to make operational and seasonal changes, but I am not sure what to do now. Do I change our plans or leave them the same - bearing in mind we have our FP+ booked too (for 9 people - all different).

I am also posting this to alert other people to the fact that Disney can change things very close to your visit, so don't be printing out those full colour spreadsheets too soon!

no ticker Sad

Spook's picture

I would leave your plans the same. You can boat to DTD on arrival night like your DH suggested (no more divorce laugh ). And you only lose an hour at AK the next morning which isn't too bad.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
So Disney have changed the EMH. They have cancelled the 11pm to 1am at the MK on our arrival night and also the morning EMH at AK the next day. There are other cancellations during our stay too. I stumbled upon this information by accident when I was looking at crowd calendars and predictions. I then checked it on MDE.

A lot of my plans for our whole party were constructed around EMH. I am a bit OCD so I don't cope well with change when it has not been of my own making.

I understand Disney has to make operational and seasonal changes, but I am not sure what to do now. Do I change our plans or leave them the same - bearing in mind we have our FP+ booked too (for 9 people - all different).

I am also posting this to alert other people to the fact that Disney can change things very close to your visit, so don't be printing out those full colour spreadsheets too soon!

It is definitely a bummer when Disney changes hours last minute. I'm a LOT OCD so I understand not dealing well with changes that are forced upon you. Since we are locals and do many weekend trips, I'm finally used to them changing hours last minute, but it took me a long time to get used to it.

I would suggest not changing any of your FP+ options. I am always picking a few weekends worth of FP+ just in case we can go. But we only get 30 days out to pick. The most popular FP+ selections are often gone 30 days out(Wishes, FoF parade, 7DMT,TSM) and we only have 2 people in our party. You have 9 people in your party to accommodate and I don't know if you'd be able to get all 9 FP+ together this close to your trip, on the most popular attractions.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful trip despite the hours changing on you last minute.

Allie's picture

That drives me crazy too, especially since ADRs being made at 180 days out and FP+ being made at 60 days out kind of forces you to plan ahead, then they switch up the schedule last second. Thankfully none of the park hours changed for our September trip (yet) along with all of the other big summer - the end of the year changes they just made, but the crowd calendar changed the other day and even that made me question all of our plans so I totally get you. Being an OCD planner, it can be a blessing or a curse. sad

Love your trip plan - and sorry that some of the park schedules have been changed. I hate that - haven't had it ruin anything, but it has made us do some quick shuffling. It will all work out - you'll be in WDW and all things are better there!!

Will be living vicariously through your report. . . Can't wait! yay

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Miss Mikki's picture

Thank you for the advice and comments.

I have decided to leave our plans as they are for now with regards to FP+

I will probably change our arrival day plans and get the boat to DTD which is our normal first night tradition and what my husband wanted to do on our arrival night anyway.

no ticker Sad

Kristen K.'s picture

Miss Mikki wrote:

I have decided to leave our plans as they are for now with regards to FP+

That's what I was going to advise as well.
I'm also VERY OCD when it comes to my travel planning, so I understand how upsetting this can be. I think that you'll be happy with making the small changes and leaving most others in place.