MNSSHP 2018

Login to post comments
14 posts / 0 new
MNSSHP 2018

Some pics from MNSSHP 2018. I did my best pirate look - arr! Grew the beard out just for this. Joe thought it was funny to call me Graybeard.. gaah

Did everything we wanted except Space Mountain. Line was 30 minutes each time we stopped over and I didn't feel like waiting. We did come home with 9.5 pounds of candy. Not bad! Previous record was 7.5.

I'll do pics over a few posts since I seem to be struggling with uploads today. Here's a start.

PreviewAttachmentSize
img_4698.jpg
img_4698.jpg111.43 KB
083def05-3b84-4a22-8185-b5681221854c.jpeg
083def05-3b84-4a22-8185-b5681221854c.jpeg343.99 KB

Haunted Mansion! Madam Carlotta was hilarious engaging guests....

JMed's picture

Awesome!! Can't wait to see more. I would have all of that candy eaten in no time!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Our 9.5 pounds of candy. And the Doom Buggy desert. I thought it looked a lot better than it tasted.

Have you ever ridden the monorail standing next to a man dressed as a giant rooster? I have.....

JoAnn C's picture

JeffC wrote:
Have you ever ridden the monorail standing next to a man dressed as a giant rooster? I have.....

Can't make this stuff up. lol

JoAnn C's picture

JeffC wrote:

Can't make this stuff up. lol

Spook's picture

That is a nice candy haul ( except for the malteasers yuck ). I can't wait to trick or treat! I love seeing the costumes too. One year there was an Ace Ventura and he even had the walk down laugh

Allie's picture

How did you feel the crowds were, Jeff? I've heard that they have been a lot worse then in years past (possibly the parties were oversold this year) and it's making me a bit nervous for our party in a couple of weeks. I literally laughed out loud at the monorail rooster post! laugh

Hi Allie -

Joe and I both feel the crowds this year were heavier than previous years we have gone 2013 and 2016). Ride lines seems longer, especially Space Mountain and PotC, candy lines took longer to get through (at least for the first hour - lines seemed to be less congested as the night wore on), the parade was hard to see because we did not find a spot early and stay put.

The character meet lines were ridiculous, esp. Jack and Sally, but I think that is not new or unusual. I would have expected a lighter crowd at this point in September. The first time we went was mid-September, and the second time was mid-October. This was definitely busier than either of those times.

On the plus side, costumes were phenomenal, the shows and fireworks were spectacular and I would go again in a heartbeat!!! It was a blast best time yet.

At the bag check we were next to a lady who was Madam Leota, just like the tombstone outside the HM entrance. She had a tombstone and cut out a hole for her face and had her face painter that same green/gray color. It was spectaculor!! I wish I had taken a pic. Every time I saw her we waved at each other. It became a thing to see if we saw each other. I

Oh, and right after the bag check as we were walking to the monorail, I felt something poking my ass!! Joe was in front of me so I knew it wasn't him!! Hahaha. I turned and it was one of the security dogs sniffing me up. The security officer asked me to stand still because something looked "unusual" in my back pocket. It was just my phone. By habit I reached to pet the puppy dog and got a stern "Please do not pet the dog". Sorry, just instinct!!!

A few more pics...

JanJ's picture

Allie wrote:
How did you feel the crowds were, Jeff? I've heard that they have been a lot worse then in years past (possibly the parties were oversold this year) and it's making me a bit nervous for our party in a couple of weeks. I literally laughed out loud at the monorail rooster post! laugh

We went on Sunday, September 16th and I thought it was quieter than the previous 2 times we've gone. It was not sold out that night. Nothing beats the first year we went in 2014 - party was on Labour Day and it was very quiet. Loved it but set our expectations very high.

Also took in some of the fall sights at Disney Springs.

Allie's picture

Thanks for the reviews, Jeff and Jan! I'm sure we'll have fun either way, just managing expectations Wink