MrHub & Scrappy's Hot July 2013 Trip Report!

Login to post comments
275 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
MrHub & Scrappy's Hot July 2013 Trip Report!

To quote the great man that inspires us all to be members of this forum:

"To all that come to this happy place, welcome!" - Walt Disney

That goes out to all those who are members now, and those who will become members while we are gone!

It's time I started our trip report. We are heading down to the house of mouse in just under

This trip includes myself (MrHub), Scrappy, and our friends Tom & Adele (Del).

We are staying a split stay, first half at The Boardwalk Villas, then on to The Contemporary Resort.

I will have two webcams streaming video and also doing mobile streaming. The links are below.

ADR's we have include:

The Plaza Restaurant
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Boma
Be Our Guest
Wishes Dessert Party

Cape May Cafe
Via Napli Ristorante

Narcoosee's

The Wave
Hoop Dee Doo Review

Crystal Palace
The Turf Club

Kona Cafe

We have no real plans other then to relax this trip, considering its going to be so hot. Just gong to enjoy things as they happen!

YAY!!!! You are almost there!! Plans sound great. Will be interested in your take on the Wave. We have that in our plans for September for the first time. Always wanted to try it.

If you see CM Barbara, give her a big hug from all of us! And maybe she will remember you guys form the last time from the "Kiss!" episode. That's still hilarious....

MrHub's picture

Oh the Wave is great Jeff. We have been there several times in the past year and never had an ADR and the food is great! All local and fresh ingredients.

Oh fantastic! That's what has always interested me in it - the local and fresh aspect. Coolio! Now I'm really excited!

Any specific recommendations? We have dinner ADRs there one night.

mimi's picture

Have a safe and absolutely fabulous trip with your friends. Your plans sound AMAZING!
I look forward to hearing more....

Kris1971's picture

So excited for you guys! Hey...let me know what you think of Narcoosees. I made a reservation to take my parents there for their anniversary just in case I can't get a Cali Grill reservation (that's my first choice).

WDWfanatic's picture

Now I am hungry again. Thanks! biggrin

We didn't care for The Wave, we went Mother's Day 2009 and we were totally disappointed. The food was nothing spectacular, wasn't bad though, the entrance was AWESOME! That was the best part, the entrance. Maybe I should not judge The Wave by its Mother's Day Brunch Lunch thing, and should try it again. Everyone else seems to like it.

Tammi

MrHub's picture

JeffC wrote:
Oh fantastic! That's what has always interested me in it - the local and fresh aspect. Coolio! Now I'm really excited!

Any specific recommendations? We have dinner ADRs there one night.

We've never been for dinner, always breakfast or lunch. I hear all the fish dishes are amazing. Jeff I would say one of everything! Look at this menu . Some of this just sounds amazing.

Yeah Tammi, we have had some pretty good meals there. Lunch sandwiches are awesome. Your the first person lately I have heard with anything negative about it, but it could have been a bad day for them or you, who knows. I still can't bring myself to go back to Fulton' since they went to the dinning plan, they are just not the same, but a lot of people are giving them great reviews.

MrHub's picture

I'm just sitting here typing and listening to this in the back ground! Aaahhhh! Soon.

kywildcatchick's picture

Have a great trip!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Allie's picture

Wohoo! You're in the home stretch! Are you and Scrappy all packed up and ready to go?

Vettelover's picture

Have a FANTABULOUS trip and say Hi to Tom & Del for us. We'll be following all your adventures. clapping

Mrhub looking forward to your reports. Have a safe and super trip!

MrHub's picture

Thanks all. Allie we are partially packed . I need to pack up my electronics and then we have to finish the suitcases.

My two DV Camcorders don't work anymore for webcams, something to do with the driver for the Microsoft webcam I bought, so I'm don't know how good the streaming will be from the balconies, but we will see. I wash Foscam would come out with a really good PTZ Webcam that people could access through a browser and not have to access through the router.

JoAnn C's picture

yay yay

looking forward to your trip report.

Jess's picture

Yay yay yay yay yay Hope you have a great time....wish we could be there with you

Magic Mirror's picture

You are going to have a fantastic time! I can't wait to hear about your adventures***ENJOY!

taratru's picture

I cannot wait to read your updates and see your adventures! Have a great trip!

disneydoc's picture

Looking forward to it! I love, loved the BW. You guys are gonna have a blast. yay

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture

Hey Doc, I'll answer you here. We stopped in Roanoke Rapids NC. We'll get back on the road about 7am and be at the Hampton Inn no later then 8 pm tomorrow I think. I'm hoping for no traffic, so we might make better time. Road were empty today.

disneydoc's picture

Happy trails and safe passage you guys. I like to stay offsite my first night too, even though I live closer than you do. I get all my errands done and rest up for the real fun to begin the next day. Thinking of you as you head down!

We sure are getting a lot of rain here in Georgia- hope you don't hit a lot of that as you roll through. Glasses

Woo hoo!!!! How exciting to be on your way! Get a good night's sleep and make good time tomorrow. Your World awaits!!!!

pillowfight stars yeah stars pillowfight beach

Allie's picture

Hope you're making a safe arrival in Disney soon!

MrHub's picture

Thanks all! Just got settled into our room on the Hampton Inn n Lake Buena Vista for the night.

Here are the room keys you get.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1.29 MB

Yeah!! yay yay You made it!!! yay yay Enjoy!!!!!! yay yay yay yay

mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey

JoAnn C's picture

have a great time!

disneydoc's picture

Awesome! Let the games begin! yay

Eeyore's picture

Have a blast! Can't wait to see the cams!

Hooray!!! We'll be with you in spiriti! And webcam!!!! Yay!

Love that room key!

Magic Mirror's picture

banana banana banana banana

It's Disney time!

MrHub's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
banana banana banana banana

It's Disney time!

Oh yeah!

JeffC wrote:
Hooray!!! We'll be with you in spiriti! And webcam!!!! Yay!

Love that room key!

Eeyore wrote:
Have a blast! Can't wait to see the cams!

The cams will be up today!

disneydoc wrote:
Awesome! Let the games begin! yay

JoAnn C wrote:
have a great time!

nhshorty wrote:
Yeah!! yay yay You made it!!! yay yay Enjoy!!!!!! yay yay yay yay

mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey mickey

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Up early this morning, gonna get some breakfast here at the Hampton Inn and then head over to the Boardwalk , drop our stuff off and head into the MK.