My 312 Hours Of Magic..A Pre Trip Adventure Story...

Login to post comments
16 posts / 0 new
The Watchmaker's picture
My 312 Hours Of Magic..A Pre Trip Adventure Story...

Well today, I payed off our vacation. clapping :Wilderness Lodge I'am coming to you.. .Let the magic begin... awesome ..I always consider the moment I park my car at the UK airport, that's when my holiday kicks off..So I have approx 312 hours to complete my mission..This includes 8 rope drops..6 ADRS...1 MNSSHP...and lots lots more...The food & wine festival intrigues me as I have a passion for cooking ( my late mother was the head cook for a well known Scottish country hotel ) Trick or Treat is not a big thing here but I'am looking really forward to this night..My ADRS are quite varied..Yachtsmen Steakhouse..The Wave..Sanaa..Via Napoli..Artist Point..and Jiko..(13th day lunch yet to be decided ) We are also celebrating our DS 17th birthday on our last night..( birthday cake to order ) I also have a must do and eat and drink list as long as my arm..This includes renting a pontoon boat at WL..Trying snacks I've missed in the past..And also adult drinks like the Lapu Lapu and Grey Goose Slushies and of course a meet and greet with Carl at The Rose & Crown..Yes it's an expensive holiday, but here's my view..Today some of my friends said I was crazy spending this kind of money on a holiday, however yesterday a dear old friend of mine in his early 50's passed away from a sudden heart attack..He was a keep fit fanatic..Never smoked a day in his life..Wasn't a heavy drinker..He leaves behind a wife and 6 year old beautiful daughter..Sorry for going off the track and the rant, but things like this in life bring it all home to me...Enjoy life and enjoy the magic of your Disney vacation...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend but you are absolutely right. Life is too short and you should do what you love the most.

JMed's picture

Live life to the fullest the way YOU WANT TO! Enjoy! Sounds like you have an amazing journey planned. Wish our paths crossed I would have loved to tried the lapu lapu with y'all!!

Sorry about the loss of your friend!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

jw24's picture

Quite a loaded trip! It does sound very interesting though overall. Like everyone else, so sorry for your loss.

"All my life I wonder how it feels to pass a day, not above them but part of them.

And out there living in the sun, give me one day out there, all I ask is one to hold forever. Out there where they all live unaware, what I'd give, what I'd dare, just to live one day out there."

Magic Mirror's picture

Watchmaker I am so sorry about your friend sad

In my job I see a lot of life passing on ... and I totally agree with you-
each moment is precious, enjoy, EnJoY and ENJOY all of it!

The Watchmaker's picture

Thanks everyone..Much appreciated..Disney is my happy place.. awesome

alicemouse's picture

I'm very sorry for your loss, Mr. Watchmaker, and I quite agree with you about enjoying vacations. I've watched so many people prioritize saving over spending to the extreme where travel was cut completely out of the budget and declared to be "luxury". I do believe in moderation (although this year's Disney trips would suggest otherwise wink ), but travel is important. It works a different skill set than most of use on a daily basis and it provides a chance for refresh and renewal. Some of the saddest stories that I've heard are of people who put off traveling until they retire and then never have the opportunity to fulfill those dreams. I'm glad that all of us here are making our passion for Disney travel a priority and that we spend our lives doing instead of wishing and waiting.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

amy1989's picture

Sorry for your loss watchmaker I agree with everybody else on here life is too short to wait and as long as you do it in moderation and don't get lost in debt if that's the holiday you want then that's the holiday you take!!!

we only miss eachother by a few days and I'm gutted would love to have met the infamous scotsman who keeps me entertained while I'm waiting for my holiday!!!

Sounds like you have a fantastic time planned can't wait to hear how it goes!

The Watchmaker's picture

amy1989 wrote:
Sorry for your loss watchmaker I agree with everybody else on here life is too short to wait and as long as you do it in moderation and don't get lost in debt if that's the holiday you want then that's the holiday you take!!!

we only miss eachother by a few days and I'm gutted would love to have met the infamous scotsman who keeps me entertained while I'm waiting for my holiday!!!

Sounds like you have a fantastic time planned can't wait to hear how it goes!

Cheers Amy..Yeh,I'am hoping to meet a couple from the east coast on our second night and their second last night..she was on an old site..I try not to be too regimental and go with the flow..I'am not one of these people who have their day jotted out, hour by hour..I've never been a late owl,more of a early bird, so this vacation with the parks closing early doesn't affect me, in fact, I think it will be a bonus.Instead of a 6.30am wake up call..I can see me getting up around 6.00am..( Ssshhh, don't want my family to hear this ) ..The earliest I've been up was 5.30am one morning,standing on a bridge at the Sassagoula river,watching the ducks swim down stream,and a jogger went by me..Anyway, I've got all my Disney info on my trusty Passporter's book...Fingers crossed I get it all done.. crossfingers

jhugo's picture

So sorry to hear about your friend. Your trip looks amazing and lots of great ADR's. Life changes at a moments notice so you need to enjoy life and laugh often. I am sure you and the family are going to have a grand adventure on your vacation! I hope you love WL as much as we do, it's our home away from home.

Allie's picture

Happy pay off day! So sorry to hear about your loss, and I completely agree that everyone deserves a magical vacation every once in awhile and yours sounds amazing!

93boomer's picture

So sorry for your loss watchmaker!! I agree like the others that life is short. If you have the money, memories are priceless! And wdw is the place to go! You and your family are going to create memories that last a lifetime. wink

The Watchmaker's picture

93boomer wrote:
So sorry for your loss watchmaker!! I agree like the others that life is short. If you have the money, memories are priceless! And wdw is the place to go! You and your family are going to create memories that last a lifetime. wink

Thanks Boomer..Totally agree.. awesome

Spook's picture

So sorry about your friend sad
Life is defiantly too short. Sometimes you need to splurge alittle (within reason of course Wink ) that's actually one of the reasons we bought DVC this year. We plan on making and sharing memories with family and friends at the happiest place on earth for as long as we can awesome
We'll keep an eye out for you at MNSSHP on the 21st Smile

Magic Days's picture

Happy Payoff day!! I agree with you. Life is to short not to enjoy your life. Soon your son will be moving into his adult life so gathering all the nuclear family time you can sounds awesome. Enjoy just wish we were close enough to come and meet ya in person. Enjoy every second our friend.

BarbaraB's picture

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I completely agree with everyone else. We only get 1 ride on this big, blue marble. Make the most of it. Generally, people regret the things they wish they did more than the things they actually did. Enjoy life to the fullest, and if, for you, that means a magical Disney vacation, then go for it!

~ Barb ~